Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 11

Tash's POV

I was kissing Tre Cool.

Of Green Day.

The Tre Cool.

And I loved him!

Tre looked at me intently. He did that alot. His bright, vivid blue eyes would read my every emotion or fear. He stroked the side of my face. "I love you."

He said he loved me. And he wasn't drunk this time, either.

"I love you too," I said softly. But in the back of my mind...there were still those doubts.

"Will you go out with me?" he asked. This was different - his voice wasn't hesitant or doubtful - his voice was soft, calm.

"Of course I will!" Tre had asked me out! I flung my hands around his neck.

We headed back home - and the car ride was no where nearly awkward. It was comfortable. Like I wished this feeling would last forever.

Tre had practice at Billie's house, and I decided to come. I hund out with Adie for the afternoon, feeling like I'd made a new best friend.

"So, you look extremely happy," Adie observed. She gave me a sly smile.

"I do? That's weird."

"C'mon, spit it out. Something's up, I can tell."

"I'm head over heels in love," I confessed in a rush. I sighed.

"With Tre?" Adie's face lit up. "Argh, why didn't you say so?! Thats fantastic!" She noticed my quiet composure. "Whats wrong, Tash?"

"Argh! Its Matt! I've broken up with him, kicked him out of my life, but he's still there. Everywhere I go, everything I do, every thought I think - he's there. I loved him. I was head over heels for him. Sure he was the one. And I like Tre so badly! But Matt's still there!" I put my face in my hands.

She patted my back. "Listen to yourself, Tash. It sounds corny, but you have to take a chance for true love. Its worth it. But Matt has made your paranoid and overly cautious."

She described it so perfectly. I was paranoid of any relationship with men.

"It'll take time, Tash, I know. I should have realised that before when I was telling you to ignore it...I'm sorry - "

"No, don't be," I said firmly, sitting up again. "But I've gotta work this out. It's not fair on Tre."

Tre's POV

The practice was a daze. I couldn't concentrate. My headache had completely disappeared - like a good pash was all it needed.

As I drummed I could tell I was out of time. Billie became increasingly frustrated.

"What the fuck Tre? Are you sure you're alright?" he slammed his guitar down in annoyance.

"Shit man, I'm sorry guys." I shook my head, unable to smile.

"Tre? What the fuck?" Mike looked at me in amazement.

"It's fucking Tash again, isn't it?" Billie asked.

"When you say 'fucking Tash' do you mean as in actually doing her, or just giving her a derogative adjective?"

"Shut the fuck up." Billie couldn't stop himself smiling. "It is, though, isn't it."

"Yes," I said. "We kissed. And I asked her out, and she said yes."

Mike and Billie grinned. "Nice work, Tre! Next step: doing her, right?"

I groaned. "Its your turn to shut the fuck up. Its different this time. How many times I have to tell you, you little mother fucker."

"Be careful, or I'll start calling you a little Tashfucker," Billie warned.

"Where are you gonna take her?" Mike asked.

"Uh - not sure." I felt a little dubious.

"Take her to that restaurant on the pier. Now that will charm her," Mike advised.

"Maybe not enough to get her in bed, but hey - its - "

I cut Billie off by chucking the drum stick at him. "Thanks Mike," I added gratefully. "The Pier Restaurant it is."

As soon as band practice finished, I went upstairs to Tash and kissed her.

She looked at me with a smile. "Hmm, good mood, eh? Wanna show off or something?" she laughed, noticing Adie grinning proudly at her.

Even her laugh was beautiful.

On the way home I popped the question.

"Hey, Tash - how does the Pier Restaurant sound to you?" I asked casually.

"Sounds heaps nice!" she said.

"Well, the Pier Restaurant it is." I was chuffed.

I was head over heels for her.

But was she the same for me?