Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 13

Tre's POV

As I headed off to band practice the following morning I hummed to myself happily. She seemed to like me...I think.

I pulled in front of Billie's house, closing the car door and taking off my sunglasses. I let myself in, hearing Mike and Billie warming up downstairs.

They looked at me expectantly when I went in.

"Hey, Tre," Mike said, giving me a friendly smile. "You look genuinely happy."

Billie opened his mouth to make another crack about me and Tash.

"Ah, it went perfectly last night," I said loudly, making sure Billie took that as the excuse not to talk. "Except for the interruption halfway through, but hey - "

"Sorry about that, man," Billie apologised sincerely.

"It's cool." I sat down at the drums. Billie and Mike came over.

"What, guys?" I asked, confused as to why we were not playing.

"Tell us about it!" Billie insisted.

"What? We went to dinner, went back home," I replied, impatiently tapping my foot. "That's all. Can we play, please?"

"Aw, c'mon Tre. We know you must have at least kissed her." Mike rolled his eyes.

"OK, so I took her to the park again, made out a little. Thats all," I said.

Billie and Mike took that as the excuse not to press it any further.

Halfway through practice, Billie stopped.

"Tre, is something up?" Billie asked.

"Fuck no! Everything's perfect for once!" I exclaimed.

"Well, then, why do you seem doubtful? You obviously love her." That was the nicest thing I'd ever heard Billie say regarding me and Tash.

"I do! But where do we go from here?" I asked in frustration. "She fucking heard her fiancee cheating on her. What am I supposed to do? Force her to ignore that and think all about me?"

Mike and Billie sat down. "This sounds more complicated than I thought. A lot less to do with the fucking than I thought." Mike rolled his eyes at Billie.

"Look, tre, you're gonna have to use your instincts," Mike advised. "If she's giving new the come on, then go for it."

"That's the thing," I said. "She's giving me the come on, but sounding hesitant about it."

"That jerk is still in the back of her mind," Billie said. "Adie told me all about it."

"What?" I asked.

"Tre, she was cheated on. She probably used to be so nice, so funny, so casual around men - but one sleazy bastard has changed her views on that. She's not trusting anymore," Billie said gently. "Remember when we woke up in her room? If she was in her right mind, I'd say she would have been alot nicer to us. But she had a hangover from drinking her pain away because of him."

"But what the fuck do I do?" I exclaimed. "What, am I supposed to wait until she says yes? Wait a couple of years, maybe?"

"Tre, calm down," Mike said calmly. "Just take her out for a couple of dates. That kind of stuff. Don't go further than kissing or whatever until both you and Tash are ready."

"You guys make it sound so simple," I groaned.

"That's because I'm the Master of Love," Billie said proudly.

"Um, no you're not. you're just paraphrasing Adie," Mike pointed up.

"Ah, shutup." Mike grinned.

--

Tash's POV

When Tre returned home I couldn't've been happier to see him. He had a grin on his face as he entered through the front door and kissed me.

"Hello, Tre," I said smilingly, putting the book I was reading down and getting up to kiss him.

"Hello you," he said. "Have a good sleep?"

"As always," I replied.

"We've got that tour next week," he said. "Sure you want to come?"

"No, I think I'd rather stay here and throw a couple of raging parties. Trash the place some more, hire some strippers."

"Hey, that sounds like fun! Can I come?" he grinned again.

"You are in such a good mood," I observed, kissing him again.

"That just topped it all off."