Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 15

I woke up, slowly opening my eyes. Tre was there next to me, his warm body close to mine.

I wrapped my arm around him, feeling safe next to him.

He opened his eyes slowly and looked at me. "Hey there," he said, kissing me.

I sighed, breathing deeply. We lay there for a few more minutes, before Tre's phone rang.

He got up to answer.

"Hey Billie...yep...uhuh...half an hour? OK." He hung up and ran a hand over his face, coming back and lying next to me.

"We have band practice again," he said, kissing me. "Except he sounded like he had a hang over."

I laughed. "Promise me you won't be too long," I said.

"Of course," he replied. "We'll go out to lunch, OK?"

"OK," I said, sighing happily. He changed and kissed me again before leaving.

I laid in bed a little longer, falling asleep for an hour before waking up again to the sound of knocking on the door.

I jumped out of bed and changed quickly. It couldn't be Tre - he had the keys to the house.

I thumped down the stairs, trying to wake myself up. As I ran downstairs I put my hair back into a ponytail and opened the door.

A man was standing there, his back turned. He turned around when he saw me.

I gasped, feeling like I wanted to scream.

It couldn't be -

It was Matt.

"Tash - " he began, his voice low and husky.

"No - no...get away from me..." I said, beginning to close the door.

He started towards me. "Let me explain - "

"NO!" I screamed, tears coming to my eyes. "Get away from me...you - "

"What?" he asked quietly. He came closer, forcing the door open and moving inside.

"Get out of my house!" I screamed.

"You house?" he asked. "So you remarried?" He slipped his hands around my waist.

I hit him, feeling terrified. He pulled me closer. Tears were streaming down my face - he moved his face closer, trying to kiss me. His familiar smell came back - I kicked and screamed as he held me tightly.

I wondered if anyone could hear me scream. He tried undoing my pants - I kicked him again, hating him more than ever.

Tre came into my head - his face, his bright blue eyes...

Matt began kissing me harder. With final kick he staggered back. His face was a mix of shock, anger - even fear?

I screamed and screamed. He panicked, getting up and sprinting outside. He slammed the door and I heard the skid of tyres on the gravel driveway as he drove off.

I sat on the cold tiled floor, huddled up - unable to stop crying. He found me. I had been picking up the pieces of my life - and he came back. All the memories came flooding back...

I cried and cried, my heart bleeding. The wounds had reopened. All I wanted was to forget him...to relive what was left of my life - to fall back in love...

Tre came instantly back to my head. I cried harder, lying in a heap on the floor - having lost all my energy.

After what seemed like hours Tre entered through the front door. I had only een lying there for half an hour - but it seemed so much longer.

He opened the door, calling my name.

He noticed me on the floor unable to stop crying.

"Tash!" he yelped, collapsing next to me. He hugged me tightly. I breathed in his familiar scent, burying my head into his shoulder. Was I really safe with him? Matt had still come back, even though I thought I was safe with Tre...

He panicked, but tried to calm me down. His voice was weak...close to tears -

"Tash? He asked urgently. "Tash what happened?"

"Matt - " the words struggled out of my mouth. "He - he - "

"What?" he asked in desperation, sounding even closer to tears.

I looked up into Tre's eyes. "He came back, Tre," I cried, stil not able to stop crying. "He tried to kiss - "

"WHAT?" Tre screamed. "That son of a bitch - he's gonna..."

"Tre don't," I said, crying back into his shoulder. "Please..."

He stayed with me, holding me close.

Tre's POV

I tried hard to not to cry with her. She was terrified...she had been fixing her life up...and he came back...

I got out my mobile. I had to call my best friends.

"Billie," I said urgently, trying to keep my voice strong.

"Tre, slow down," he said. He seemed to freak out at the sound of my voice.

"It's Matt," I said. "He's come back. He assaulted Tash - "

There was a pause on the other line.

"I'm coming over."