Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 18

Tre's POV

We had practice at Billie's place the following morning. I made sure Tash came...I was worried he'd come back again.

After we finished playing, Billie looked at me in concern.

"Shit, Tre, you look like you haven't slept at all," he said.

"I have slept. Just not very well." I shook my head. "She's so fucking scared. Scared shitless. I don't think she sleeps at all."

"Tre, you're gonna have to call the police," Mike advised. "He's probably gonna come back, and do something worse - "

"Worse?" I asked. "What more can he do?"

Billie and Mike fell silent.

"OK, so he could fucking kill her for all I know," I said quietly. "I think I'm more scared thatn she is."

"Tre, look, we're going to play at another concert next week," Billie sighed. "You'll be away from home a couple of days, but make sure you bring Tash with you. He can't find you then."

I nodded. Hopefully it would actually work.

--

Tash's POV

I had become so paranoid. I thought my head would explode full of the endless thoughts of Matt coming after me...or even worse, Tre.

Tre invited me to come to their two conerts that they would be playing in Los Angeles. No way was I staying home alone. Adie offered for me to stay with her- but that meant leaving Tre by himself.

I packed my bag, eventually dumping myself on the bed in frustration.

I felt like ripping my hair out.

I felt like ripping anything and everything to shreds.

I felt like killing Matt.

I was going insane!

And I was driving Tre insane too.

I hadn't kissed him at all during the last week. I hadn't gone out with him, had barely talked to him. I'd left him behind, just trying to figure myself out.

And it wasn't fair on him. I would make it up to him, I promised myself.

I heard Tre's voice from my doorway.

"Are you OK?" he asked in concern, picking up my bag.

"Yeah," I sighed. I put on a false smile. "I'm really excited about the concerts," I said brightly. My voice sounded so fake. And I was lying through my teeth.

He smiled. "Me too. C'mon, off we go. Tour bus is leaving soon."

The bus ride wasn't at all quiet. Billie Mike and Tre were messing around. I tried joining in at first. But the fun didn't come at all. Would my life ever become less miserable??

Tre seemed so much more relaxed than usual. I sighed with relief when the bus ride ended. I changed into my black shirt and red tie slowly, listening to the guys warm up with interest.

The guys went on stage and played all the usual songs. I hummed along to the tunes, temporarily forgetting my misery.

Towards the end, just after finishing Homecoming, I saw Billie quieten the crowd from onstage.

"Now, Tre has a small request, I believe," Billie said with a grin. "Tre, over to you..."

Tre got up and went to the microphone. The crowd roared.

"I'd like someone that means alot to me to come on stage," he began.

My blood turned to ice.

He couldn't be serious.

"Tash, come on out!" he yelled, turning around to face the back of the stage.