Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 19

I felt myself numbly moving on stage. It was as if I couldn't control my own limbs.

The bright lights dazzled my eyes. The crowd cheered as my huddle frame slowly moved closer to tre.

He grinned when he saw me. He handed me the microphone, looking at me expectantly.

I gulped.

"Uh - hi...everyone," I said. The crowd screamed wildly, despite my obvious unwilling and nervous voice.

"This, is Tash," Tre said into the mic. He was being such a dork, but the crowd loved it.

I stood there, feeling as if it was unreal. Everything was so distant to me.

Tre took back the mic. "Tash," he began.

I swallowed again, trying to avoid looking into the crowd. Looking into Tre's blue eyes made me feel even more uncomfortable.

"Will you play the drums for me?" he asked.

I wonder if he realised I couldn't play the drums.

"Do you know the part for Whatsername?" he whispered into my ear. The crowd laughed as they watched his grinning face.

"I have no fucking idea," I said hoarsely.

"Well you're going to sing it," he said simply. I felt as if I was gonna pass out. I was terrified of singing in front of anyone.

Tre walked back to the drum kit. Billie came and stood next to me. "Ladies and gentlemen, this song's called....WHATSERAME!"

The crowd cheered. As the drum part began, Billie leant close to my ear.

"Don't worry, we'll alternate verses. I'll start, then we'll join in on the chorus."

The bass came in.

I swallowed for the third time.

"Thought I ran into you down on the street..."

I had never felt more terrified in my life.

"Now I wonder how Whatsername has been..."

He strummed the guitar. And looked over to me.

"Seems that she disappeared without a trace, did she ever marry old Whatshisface?"

I seemed to be in key with the music. The crowd roared its approval.

I smiled, easily singing along.

"Now I wonder how Whatsername has been."

Billie joined in for that line.

He played his guitar furiously, running forward to the crowd.

Remember, whatever, it seems like forever ago...

I felt the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

The regrets, are useless in my mind she's in my head...

These lyrics had never meant so fucking much to me. I had ran into Matt again...All the memories came back...

I'll never turn back time...forgetting you but not the time...

It all fitted in perfectly. It all made sense.

The song finished. Billie grabbed me in a hug. Mike dropped his guitar and joined in. Tre moved forward, waiting for Mike and Billie to finish.

Tre grabbed me by the waist and into a passionate kiss.

The crowd screamed. All I could hear was 'Aww...' ringing through my ears.

I held Tre close, refusing to let go. I was safe.

Billie whistled. I broked apart from Tre and hit him before grabbing him again in a big hug.

Tre kissed me again. I heard a few girls pouting from below.

He pulled away.

"I love you," he whispered.

I had never been more relieved to hear those exact words than ever before.