Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 2

An hour an a half later, I'm still lying on the floor, unable to stop the grief flowing down my face.

I heard the keys turn in the front door. Matt entered our living room, where I was still sobbing uncontrollably.

He ran over. He smelt of booze and women's perfume. "Honey, there you are...don't cry..."

I jumped up. "DON'T YOU FUCKING 'HONEY' ME, YOU SON OF A BITCH," I screamed, jumping up and pushing him away. "HOW COULD YOU - I LOVE YOU...AND YOU BETRAYED ME!"

"No, its not like that!" Matt said. He obviously wasn't too distressed by the situation.

WHAT, WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT?" I yelled, kicking over the coffee table. "You just thought you could have sex with another girl anytime, anywhere? We were engaged...I loved you..." I collapsed again in a heap, unable to stop crying. My head was pounding...my arms ached and ached...

"AND I THOUGHT YOU FUCKING LOVED ME," I shouted, sitting upright.

"I did....I mean I do -"

"Ouch, Matt, past tense," I said, wondering if having your heart broken could hurt this bad. "You're nothing but a fucking sleazy bastard, and I thought that you loved me. And I thought I could trust you, working in Sydney, away from our home here. How long has it been going on, huh? Weeks? Months? Years, even?! HOW LONG?"

He stood up. "WHAT DOES IT FUCKING MATTER?" he asked.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" I screamed. "You can't even fucking explain yourself!"

Matt sighed. "Tash...maybe this isn't gonna work out..."

I stood up, pommelling him with my arms. "MAYBE? MAYBE this isn't gonna work out? HOW DARE YOU..."

He tried to defend himself, but gave up. "I'm sorry..."

"YOU DON'T SEEM FUCKING SORRY! JUST GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! NOW!" I left him to pack his things.

"You know what? Good for you, kicking me out," Matt said spitefully after getting all his things. "Fuck you, Tash."

"You're getting angry at me, and you're the fucking one who screwed this up. Good riddance!" I slammed the door behind me.

I immediately went to my room and trashed everything. I put up the posters, like I was a teenager again. Green Day, The Living End, The Clash - and anything else I had. Anything else to cover up the bare walls. Anything to cover up my broken heart.

I brought my stereo back in. I put the saddest music I could find back on. Good Riddance came on...I shook with anger and sadness as I sung the words along - I hated Matt. I hated him...

I went to the kitchen and mixed up the biggest selection of alcohol I could find. I took it to my room and sculled it at once, turning up the music louder and louder. I felt the room spinning around me...then it all went black...