Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 22

Tash's POV

I awoke that morning. Those couple of hours of sleep were terrible. I couldn't believe I was leaving the man I loved -

But I couldn't do this to him. Risk Matt coming back, hurting Tre...ruining everything we have.

But then again, by leaving I was ruining everything we had.

I groaned and slumped back against my pillow.

I was a bitch just for doing this to him.

But was I doing the right thing?

I took a shower before heading downstairs.

Tre was already sitting at the table, having a coffee. He looked up when I came in.

"Good morning." His voice was awkward...cold, even?

"Um - morning," I said. I made myself a cup of tea before sitting opposite him.

"How'd you get back to sleep?" Tre asked casually, picking up a nearby magazine.

Fuck. He was suddenly being so cold and distant. He knew -

But I didn't want to bring it up.

Tre's POV

I had to stop being so horrible.

But she was leaving me.

But I didn't want to talk about it!

"Fine," she said. She seemed to be picking up on my unwillingness to talk.

"Well, I've gotta go to band practice," I said, getting up. "Be back around lunchtime?"

"OK," she replied.

I got into my car, feeling like my life had just fallen to pieces. I banged my head against the steering wheel. The horn beeped loudly, causing me to jump in frustration.

I pulled out of the driveway, trying to calm myself down. I would probably be pulled over for road rage at this rate. I forced myself to breathe, before continuing to drive on.

Nothing was going right.

In fact, it was all going wrong.