Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 24 - With or Without You

Authors note: If you listen to With or Without You by U2, it sounds even more dramatic. Just fits in. ^_^

Tash's POV

I was sitting in my room, silently crying when I heard Tre return late at night. I got into bed and pulled the covers over my head.

I heard him stumbling up the stairs.

He must've been drinking the entire time. As he thudded past my room I thought I could smell weed.

But I was probably just imagining it.

I heard the door slam. I closed my eyes tightly, feeling the tears roll slowly down my cheek. I got out of bed and unpacked the T-shirt which I had bought on my first day here with Green Day.

I held it close, remembering the pouring rain and how Tre followed me inside eagerly.

I remembered the looks Billie and Mike would exchange. The way Tre would look at my face as though he was analysing it so deeply.

I remembered the first time he said 'I love you', even though he was drunk.

I remembered the first time we kissed - and I cured his hangover.

The tears kept falling. Thick and fast. I stared up at the ceiling, wishing they would go away. But I couldn't do it. Everything we had, and I was throwing it away.

I climbed back into bed, still clutching my T-shirt tightly. I ended up crying myself to sleep.

--

My alarm went off a few hours later. It was three in the morning - I had to make my way to the airport.

I slowly dragged myself out of bed. I put the T-shirt back in my suitcase. I quietly opened the door, making sure Tre wasn't up.

I went downstairs, feeling the tears well up again. I wrote Tre a note before making my way out the front door for the last time.

As I waited by Tre's front gate for the cab, the memories of first arriving at Tre's house flooded back. The embarrassment at having been invited to his place - the increasing feeling of love towards him. Before I knew it, the cab had pulled up in front of me.

I climbed in, allowing the cab driver to take my suitcase. It began to pour down with rain. It was bitterly cold - making me feel even more miserable inside.

As we began to drive off, I placed my hand against the icy window. We were pulling away from his house. I couldn't bear it.

The tears crept down my cheeks. I rest my head against the window, just as I had done when me and Tre went to the airport back in Australia.

"Goodbye Tre," I whispered.

Tre's POV

I heard the front door close. I jumped, wondering if a burgular had broken in.

The house was still. I groaned, my head pounding from a hangover. I slumped back in bed, laying there for half an hour.

I sat upright suddenly, my heart pounding. Tash had left for the airport.

I jumped out of bed, changing faster than I ever had before. I sprinted downstairs. I had to stop her -

I saw the note on the table by the front door.


Tre -
No words can describe how I feel for you. But no word is terrible enough to describe how I feel leaving you.
Miss you for ever and ever,
Tash.


I stared at the letter in shock.

I then opened the door and slammed it with a bang. I jumped into my car, desperately starting it up. I barely noticed the torrential rain flooding my driveway.

I zoomed out the gate, speeding the whole way to the airport. My heart was pounding. Her plane couldn't have left yet...the thought was too horrible to bear.

I parked in the middle of the road when I arrived. I jumped out, carelessly leaving my keys in the car.

I ran inside the building.

Tash's POV

I sat on the cold plastic chairs with my suitcase. I groaned, looking up at the television screens above. My flight had been delayed due to the rain.

I rested my head against the back of the chair, ignoring the edge cutting into the back of my neck. I swallowed and tightly closed my eyes. People bustled around me, though they seemed so distant.

I looked around. I lifted a hand to my cheek, feeling where the tears had dried.

Then, by the doorway, soaking wet, eyeliner running and his hair tousled, was Tre.

I nearly screamed.

Tre's POV

I sprinted forward. She jumped up from where she was sitting. I grabbed her into a tight hug and kissed her.

She began to sob non stop. She rested her cheek on my shoulder, holding me incredibly tightly. Her body shook with each sob.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too," I said softly. I closed my eyes, ignoring the fact I was soaking her through my wet clothes.

"But I can't hurt you like this," she said ever so quietly.

"You're not hurting anybody," I said. "You're curing me."

I kissed her again, unable to let go.

I don't know how long we stood there. But I wanted to stay there forever.