Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 4

I brought my packed bag out to the living room. Tre was the only one waiting for me.

"Uh - where are the others?" I asked hesitantly. Tre was searching my face.

"They already got a cab," he explained, taking my bag. "We're taking two separate cabs - we won't fit comfortably in one. Mind if I pay for the tickets?"

"You serious?" I said, unable to stop smiling. I was going to forget Matt, and forget his horrible ways. I was going to make a new start - with my favourite band too.

There was a beep of a horn from outside. "C'mon, let's go."

I followed Tre into the cab. It wasn't until we reached the highway ten minutes later that I realised I was a vet, with a job back in town. What if an emergency popped up?

I felt my blood turn cold. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

Fuck it, I thought to myself. I'm in a terrible state, and I am going to America. No matter what. I was going to sort out this mess, get over my broken heart and start out fresh.

I felt like Tre was watching me the whole time. Steady rain pelted the windows of the car. I leant my forehead against the ice window, trying to swallow my sadness. Surely it couldn't be bad as it felt...

"Are you ok?" Tre asked gently.

I nodded, not turning my head. I started to sob.

"Hey, hey its okay," Tre said soothingly, rubbng my back.

I was surprised at how sensitive Tre was...he always came across as a funny, hyperactive person.

I stopped crying immediately. One, I wasn't going to break down in front of him. Two, this was just accepting my pain. I had to stop...I had to get over it.

I turned my head around and gave a small smile. "Thanks, Tre," I said, wiping my face. "I'm an idiot."

"No, you're not," he said. "That dick has broken your heart and not even tried to call you or anything. That shows what he's really like."

"But we were engaged! My life seemed nearly perfect. But what if I hadn't called him? What if we were married, but he started disappearing?" I was over being upset. The rage phase began to set in. I felt like punching my hand through the glass - anything to forget the pain inside.

Tre became silent.

I leant my forhead against the window again. The iciness was soothing against my angry self. I took a few deep breaths.

Before I knew it, we were pulling into Sydney Airport. Tre quickly got out and opened the door for me. I gratefully stepped out, ignoring the ehavy rain pelting against my face. I ignored the fact I was soaked and freezing within seconds. Tre handed over his jacket and put it over my head.

We broke into a jog to get undercover.

"Oh my gawd! It's Tre cool!"

I heard the voice of idiotic teenies. Tre ignored them. His only concern seemed to be me. "Quick, let's find Mike and Billie and get on the next plane."

We found Mike and Billie easily. They were trying to avoid a couple of people trying to get close to the rock stars. Everything seemed so distant to me...it all started to sink in that I was hanging out with three famous guys, all of whom had a glamourous life.

We bought tickets for the next flight to San Francisco. We waited and waited - there were delays due to the torrential rain. Tre continued to stay close to me, while Billie and Mike went off to get coffee.

When our plane finally arrived, I boarded quickly, sitting down. Tre plopped down next to me.

"Man, I haven't been on a plane this crowded in ages," He sighed.

"Do you usually get private jets?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied, closing his eyes and leaning his head back. "Thank god its so warm here. You look a little tired - why don't you get some sleep?"

"Good idea," I said. I closed me eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.

Tre's POV

i watched her peacefully sleep. She was beautiful - even with her dark hair messed up and her clothes soaking.

She was hurting - badly. I felt like I was being so much more sensitive...

...Do you think she liked me?