Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 5

I woke up with a jolt. We had landed.

I looked over at Tre, who was wide awake. He was getting ready to stand up.

"Aha - you're awake," he smiled.

"Yep," I said, getting up and stretching.

Tre followed me as I exited the plane. Billie and Mike were shortly behind. It was freezing cold when I got off - and there was lgiht snow everywhere.

"Oh yeah - its winter here," Mike added. "But we still have to get to Oakland. Let's get outta here."

I shivered as we headed over to baggage claim. I was the only one with luggage.

After getting my single bag we caught a limo. A real limo.

"So, Tash, how're you feeling?" Billie asked.

"Freezing cold," I said, hoping my face hadn;t turned that shade of bright blue yet.

"Yeah, we'll get you some clothes," Mike said. He gestured to the limo driver. "When we get to Oakland, stop at some clothes store. We're getting Tash some new clothes."

"No, really - you don't have to -"

"Yes, we do," Mike said, smiling. "You gave us coffee."

I felt overwhelmed.

Once in Oakland we stopped outside a huge department store. "Go in there and buy something nice," Billie said, opening his wallet.

"I can't take your money," I said firmly. "Tre already bought my tiicket."

"Take it," Billie said. "We won't come in. You know - randoms coming up to us and shit."

"It's ok," I said. "I'll be fine."

I got out of the car. I walked up to the front doors, noticing the limo remained stationary. I went through the door before hearing Tre running up behind me. I rolled my eyes. He hadn't left my side for the whole trip.

"Um, can I come in with you?" Tre asked. I was surprised at how quiet and non-hyper he'd been.

"Yeah - sure," I said. "I'll be quick. I hate shopping for clothes."

Tre grinned. After quickly choosing a new pair of jeans and jacket we left. I was glad to finally be in some warm clothes.

When we got back to the limo, Mike and Billie exchanged a significant look. I knew what they were thinking. Why Tre had followed me into the shop, and I had come back looking significantly happier.

"So, you guys were quick," Billie observed.

"Yep," I said shortly. I handed back his cash. "Didn't need it all."

Billie smiled. "Thanks. So, we'll be home soon. We'll be jamming out at my place for a bit, then you can stay for dinner."

"Really? Awesome!" I exclaimed.

So we headed back to Billie's place. We were greeted by Adrienne, Joey and Jakob at the front door.

"Where were you?" Adie asked Billie. She smiled when she saw us. I thought she would have been angrier.

"Australia," Billie said simply. "I shall explain," he promised with the shock on her face. "Oh yeah - Adie, this is Tash. She helped us in Australia."

Adie smiled at me. "Nice to meet you," she said, shaking my hand. She still looked slightly confused. "Do come in, everyone."

Tre's POV

We went inside, and Adie showed Tash around upstairs. Me Mike and Billie headed down to the basment where we would starting practice.

"So, Tre, wanna make it anymore obvious you wanna fuck Tash?" Billie asked. He picked up his guitar. Mike grinned.

"Hey! I'm being nice...all sensitive too..." I said indignantly.

"Haha, tre. Whatever," Billie said, grinning. "You can't get enough of her."

"No, I'll show you. I'll prove that I'm not just like that. I can be sensitive and loving too - I promise you, she'll fall for me." I spun the drumsticks around my finger.

"Uh huh...Tre's gonna act all romantic now," Mike said, taking the same side as Billie. He warmed up his bass guitar.

"I'll show you. Tash likes me. I can tell." I took my seat by the drums.

"Whatever," Billie replied.