Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 6

"So, tell us a little more about yourself," Adrienne asked, flopping down on the couch.

I sat down a little stiffly, amazed that I was in the room of a famous rock star.

"Uh - whats there to know?" I asked with a smile. "I'm 30...um...was engaged..."

"Was?" Adrienne asked softly.

"Uh - yeah," I said quietly. "He was with - "

"Another woman?" Adrienne prompted gently.

I nodded, feeling the tears again. I lifted my head and forced the tears away.

"It's OK," Adrienne said, rubbing my knee. "Look, it sounds horrible - but its good you found out. You're better off without that son of a - sorry. I shouldn't be saying that. I never met him."

I smiled. "He was a son of a - " I noticed Jakob and Joey in the vicinity. "Never mind," I added with a laugh.

Me and Adrienne talked for a little while. It was nice talking to her - she understood what I was going through, and wanted to know more about me.

A little while later the three member of Green Day entered. Billie ran over to Jakob and Joey and picked up them both in either arm.

I could Tre out of the corner of my eye looking at me. It made me feel uncomfortable - what was he doing?

Tre's POV

I couldn't stop looking at her. Was she looking at Billie like she...? Did she like him?

"Uh - Tash, where are you staying tonight?" I asked. Mike gave me an evil grin. He would bag me out for hours later about this...

She looked at me hesitantly. She looked shocked...or disturbed? What a jerk I was. I'd been giving her the come on so obviously...and she'd just split up with her fiancee!

"Um...I don't know..." she said quietly.

Shit - man, had I screwed up badly or what?

[b} Tash's POV

He'd just invited me over. Should I got. Why not? If he fucking tried anything though...

"Sure," I said after another moment's deliberation.

Tre looked relieved. Maybe I should just give him a chance. Not like that...just being friends with him. Yeah, why not. I could be buddies with a rock star!

"Why don't you guys stay for dinner?" Adrienne offered. "There's always room for you all."

"Great!" we said in unison.

Later that night at dinner conversation was casual. I could even hear my own Australian accent amongst them all - it was weird!

Following dinner, Tre gave me a lift to his house. The car ride was ok...if a little awkward.

He stopped outside his big Georgian - style house. It was beautiful!

Tre showed me to my room. Complete with everything...plasma tv, ensuite, huge dresser - I was in heaven!

"So, yeah," Tre said with a grin. "Welcome to your new crash pad."

I smiled. "So - "

Tre looked at me intently. I winced inwardly. This was too awkward. He wanted to make a move, I knew it.

"Well, I guess you'll want to sleep...goodnight!" he said quickly, before leaving.

As he closed the door behind him I groaned. I was making life so hard for him. What was I doing? I didn't like him...in that way. I wasn't sure if I could ever love someone again....not after Matt. It was too hard.

I quickly got into bed, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.