Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 7

I awoke with a start, not realising where I was. Then it came back once again. I sighed with relief, burying my face in the pillow. Out of the corner of my eye there was something at the end of my bed.

I sat upright, feeling slightly dizzy as the blood rushed to my head. I tightly closed my eyes and opened them again. There, at the end of the bed, was a little tray carrying breakfast, complete with a little note.

What the hell? Was he trying really hard to be sensitive? Or was he actually this nice...?

I looked at the tray in amazement. I felt overwhelmed at the sheer thought put into it all. I picked up the note.

Tash -

Hope you like!

--Tre


I looked at the clock. I hadn't slept in too late. I quickly ate the food and had a shower. I looked at myself in the mirror. My appearance had changed completely since that terrible night with Matt - I looked happier.

I changed and padded down the long staircase. Tre was in the kitchen, sitting at the table reading a magazine.

His head snapped up when he heard me enter.

"Hey Tash," he said, a little awkwardly. "Did you see - "

"Thanks so much for the breakfast," I said quickly. I took a deep breath to relax myself. This was hard.

He motioned to the seat opposite. "I'll make you a coffee." He got up quickly and hurried to the kitchen.

I picked up the magazine. It was an issue of Rolling Stone.

I attempted at making conversation. "Is this your favourite magazine?" I casually flicked through it.

"Well, its OK to read," he replied. "Good to keep up with everything, you know."

He brought over my coffee and sat back down. "How did you sleep?"

"Pretty good." I sipped my coffee. "This is really good - thanks! Not just for the coffee...but for everything."

He smiled. "It's cool."

"Tre cool, even?" I asked.

"Exactly," he laughed. We casually talked for a bit more, until the phone rang. He went to pick it up.

"Heylo? Billie? Oh ok - meet in ten? Yep...see you then." He hung up.

"That was quick," I observed.

"Yeah - twas Billie. Needs us at his place to practice a bit more," he said, getting up and grabbing his jacket. "Do you want to stay here?"

"Sure," I replied. "How long will you be?"

"I dunno...I promise I'll bring back something to eat though," he smiled.

"Good then," I said, trying to stop myself from smiling too much.

"Uh I was wondering...do you want to go out for lunch?" he asked, looking a little embarrassed.

I couldn't help but feeling excited and surprised inside. "Yeah sure!" I replied.

"Great," Tre said, looking excited himself. He put on his jacket and headed off. "See ya later!"

"Bye!"

Tre's POV

I closed the front door behind me, leaning against it and sighing with relief.

I had asked Tash out...and she wanted to go!!

I couldn't stop grinning as I got into my car and headed to Billie's. I jogged up to the front door and let myself in, eagerly running down to his basement.

Mike and Billie were just setting up as I entered. They looked at me questioningly, obviously surprised at my happy appearance.

"Hello everyone," I said brightly, skipping to my seat at the drums.

"Tre, are you high or something?" Billie asked. "Seriously, you've been serious the last couple of days.

I tried not to start boasting about the fact I asked Tash out.

"Tre?" Mike prompted. "Hello? Anyone there??"

"Well, Tash is going out with me to lunch," I said, unable to stop myself.

Billie shook his head. "Promise me it'll be different this time, Tre. Not just wanting to do her."

Mike nodded in agreement.

I looked at them indignantly. "It's different. I swear." I crossed my drum sticks over my chest. "Cross my heart and - "

"OK, Tre," Mike said, putting the strap over his head and warming up his bass.

The session seemed to drag on. I just wanted lunch time to come.