Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 8

I heard Tre's car arrive in the driveway. I quickly got up from where I was sitting on my bed. I changed into a nicer pair of jeans and deliberated not to apply eyeliner.

The horn beeped and I headed downstairs, trying to calm myself down. It was only lunch. I had to stop falling head over heels for him...what if he treated me like Matt? Matt was just as nice a guy...but he broke my heart. I had to be careful...

I closed the front door behind me, seeing Tre sitting comfortably in the front with his black sunglasses on. He reminded me of a secret agent, his casual grin lighting me up inside.

I got in the car, looking at Tre expectantly.

"So, where will it be, madame?" he asked. He rain a hand through his tousled hair. I couldn't help but laugh. I tried to stop - he was trying to charm me. But worst of all....it was working.

"Uh, Tre, I don't know my way around here," I pointed out.

"Ah, touche`," he sharply turned the car, catching me by surprise. The roof of the car was down, the hot Californian sunshine beating down my back.

We drove into town, stopping outside a nice looking cafe. He got out and opened the door for me, noticing nearby papparazzi and groaning.

Luckily they didn't see us. We quickly headed inside where Tre took off his sunglasses. We took a seat and ordered.

Tre seemed much more relaxed. He was acting more like the Tre I knew of.

"How was band practice?" I asked.

"Yeah, really good," Tre said enthusiastically. "American Idiot was a pretty tough album, but our new stuff sounds good. How was looking through all my wordly posessions?"

"Oh - it was okay," I said. "Just nicked a bit of your bling, trashed your room, you know. The usual."

Tre was glad I seemed so much more content with him. I was too.

Tre's POV

Tash was ... funnier? happier? calmer? Argh I didn't know. But did she even like me?

This was driving me insane. Why the fuck was I so obsessed?!

Tash's POV

We went back home following lunch. It was nice - I felt like I was getting along with him as if I had known him for years!

I had to stop giving him the come on like that...I wasn't ready!

But he likes me so much...

...But im not ready!

But he was so cute...

Argh! This was driving me insane! Why the fuck am I so obsessed?! It was like a ping pong match in my mind - back and forth, back and forth, over and over again.

We arrived back at his house, but I felt I'd quietened down more. I had to stop playing him hot and cold. Not after Matt...

His cheer seemed to fade slightly. "Are you OK, Tash?" he asked worriedly. "I didn't say something really really dumb did I?"

I smiled at his panic. "No, no...I'm just kinda tired. Jet lag, you know."

"Ah, OK." He looked a little relieved. "You go upstiars and sleep. I'll just sit in the room next door, and bash away at my drum kit. Should be a pretty calming tune."

I smiled my thanks. I flopped down on my bed when I arrived upstairs, sighing. I wasn't sure if I was content with it all, or if I had too many doubts in my mind for it to work.

I closed my eyes, hoping for sleep to come. I couldn't sleep! The same thoughts were running through my head over and over again. And I couldn't stop.

I had to make up my mind.

OK, so I would go out with him - casually though. Nothing else. Nothing more than that. If he didn't turn out to be a complete jerk...then it'd go from there.

My mind was set.

But more doubts came in. It wouldn't be fair to mess with him like that...

Ah, this was one of these times where I just had to say 'Fuck you, Matt' out aloud.

I sat up. "Fuck you Matt," I whispered to myself.