Green Day, Why Are You In My Room?

Chapter 9

Tre had left earlier that morning for band practice. Once again, I was sitting in my room...listening to music. Wondering what the hell what was going on between us.

Tre's POV

Practice with the guys was different.

The whole time they kept questioning me about Tash.

"So, when do you plan to do her?" Billie asked.

"Ah, young Billie, so persistent with being a pervert," I said, patiently ignoring them both.

"Note to Tre - I am older than you," Billie strummed some innocent chords on his guitar. "I have a new song for you.

"Oh Tash
Oh Tash
Won't you come home with me tonight?
IBut wait -
You're at my house...
Everything I ever wanted...
all under teh same roof..."

He and Mike sniggered.

I chucked my drumstick at him.

"Aw c'mon, Tre. You wrote a fucking song about masturbation for Dookie." Billie threw back my drum stick.

"Note the Billie: So did you. I believe it was called Longview..."

Billie gave me a bad enough death stare to last for an eternity.

Adrienne came in. She looked at us cautiously. "OK, something's up..."

"Oh, Tre just has a massive orgasm every time he thinks of Tash," Billie said casually. "Tash...oh Tash...Tash..." he mimicked.

"Ah shuddup," Mike said. "Or that drum stick over there will end up somewhere where the sun don't shine."

"The back of my eyeball?" I suggested. "Anyway, whats up Adie?"

"You guys have been invited to some party...I dunno," she explained. "It's at Rob's house. Just go, will you?"

"Aww 80, whats wrong?" Billie said in a high pitched voice. He sauntered over and kissed her on the cheek.

"Ah, Billie Joe Armstrong, how life must be for you, all these raging parties." She laughed. "I've gotta stay here with the kids." She kissed Billie before leaving.

"Hey Tre...Tash is probably free tonight...maybe under the influence of alcohol and that dim lighting you guys can - "

"I'm with Mike," I said, picking up the drum stick. "You want pain, Armstrong?"

"Since when have you called me Armstrong?" he asked grinning. "Ah, love is in the air..." he began to hum.

"Let's just practice."

--

I arrived back home at around three in the afternoon. Tash was probably bored out of her mind.

"Heylo, Tash," I called, opening the front door. I wonder when the time would come when I could just casually kiss her in greeting...

"Hey Tre," she replied. "I'm watching TV."

I went into the living room. Sure enough, she was watching Love Actually.

"Ah, British comedy." I slumped down next to her.

"Hey, its a good old comedy. Don't mock it," she said warningly, throwing a pillow at me.

"Oh yeah - there's a partay at Rob's tonight. Fancy like going?"

"Yeah, why not? Are Billie and Mike going?"

"Yep. Just one of those rock star parties, you know."

"Sounds like fun," she said with a smile.

--

Tash's POV

So, I once again hopped into Tre's car before we drove off to Rob Cavallo's house. He too lived in a nice house...I noticed the mass of people there.

Other bands were there too - bands from Reprise and Adeline Records. It was weird, being around all these big people...

As I met new people, Tre seemed to disappear off with the other members. I met loads of new people...later Adrienne even arrived, managing to find a babysitter for the kids.

Me and Adrienne found a quieter spot to talk.

"So, how's Tre going?" she asked with a small smile.

"Ah, OK," I said hesitantly.

"Look, Tre's a great guy," Adrienne said smilingly. "It'll be OK. He knows what you've been through."

She was right. I had to stop giving him the come on or the go away. I made up my mind. I would give him a chance.

"Thanks, Adie," I said.

"No problem," she smiled. "C'mon, back inside."

We went back inside. I eventually found Tre. He was under the influence of alcohol...his words semmed slightly slurred.

"Tre?" I asked, as he staggered outside. I followed.

"Tash?" he said, his eyes glazed. "Can we go home pleease?" He staggered once again. I put my arm around his shoulder, trying to hold him upright.

"Only if I can drive." He handed me the keys, swaying against me. He was having trouble holding himself up.

I drove Tre home, managing to get lost only once. We went through the front door. There was no way I could get him up those stairs to his room. I settled him on the couch, throwing a blanket on him.

"Tash?" Tre murmured, struggling to keep his eyes open.

"Yes?" I asked softly.

"I...I...luuuv..." he passed out.

Tre Cool, of Green Day, was in love with me.

Or was it the alcohol talking?