Suffocation

Chapter Fifteen

Suffocation: Part Fifteen:

Ash-Lee's P.O.V

The hall echoed silence with the patter of our steps as the only disruption to the peace. If it wasn't for the feeling of Sam's fingers laced with mine, I might've floateded away. I coud already feel an anxiety attack building up in my chest, just about ready to burst and take me whole.

"Don't worry about the boy that follows Rae about. He won't be much trouble, but if anything does happen-" I stared blankly out our assistance, watching her lips ramble on..

But my attention was quickly set to a tall door with bars before the glass that was just ahead of us. I stopped in mid-step, feeling Sam jerk my arm a bit before stopping as well.

"Are you ohkay?" He questioned, thumb rubbing my own, "We don't have to do this if you aren't ready to."

I shook my head and continued to walk, "I'll be ohkay." There was no way I was not going to see my mate.

Sam feigned a smile before following close behind me. I hadn't noticed that the woman was punching in numbers, because I was too busy freaking about the fact that I was about to see Rae. And once the door opened, I couldn't do anything besides stare at the two forms that were spread out on the floor.

"Go on in!" The assistant exclaimed, gesturing for us to enter.

x.x.x.x

"I'm not supposed to eat. I'm a cyboorg, you know and if I do, I'll shut down." The wide eyed boy never took his eyes off of Rae as he spoke, "But Rae is going to help me and I can be human, too!"

I wasn't even quite sure what to say, I'm presuming Sam wasn't either since he spoke scarcely. But my mind wasn't on the cyborg boy, no I was thinking of things I had been hoping to say to Rae's face; things that needed to be said as a closure for myself.

"Don't look at me that way," Rae suddenly shouted, jumping from his seat. I jumped back as well, unsure of what he was speaking of. Had I been staring at him?

"Ash-Lee don't you dare say those thoughts out loud! You'll get yourself all caught up again and - don't do that to me."

The anger that jumped about in Rae's eyes had hitched my breath in my throat. Suddenly, not even a thought was smaring around in noggin.

"R-r-rae... It hurts!" cyborg-boy screamed, curling up in his seat and covering his eyes, "It hurts! It hurts!"

I watched as Rae had lifted the boy with a heavy sigh and carried the poor boy out of the room, "Maybe you two should go now..." he called over his shoulder.

Had my mate really left me? Yeah, I knew that what we had wasn't even as close to a friendship as it could've been...

"Ash-Lee, let's go..." Sam muttered, placing a hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged him off.

x.x.x.x

"Why'd you come here?" Rae questioned, staring at the ceiling while I gazed down at him, trying to think of my full purpose and how to word it.

"Well.. because I love you Rae Guerra," he seem unfazed by my words, but I continued anyway, "Because you're the reason I made it this far. Without you, who knows what I'd be doing right now... And because of all that - I need to talk to you about when we were younger, because we never did and some times, it feels like it never happened... I just need some closure or something."

He simply shook his head, "Talking to me about it won't fix anything. You and I both know that what happened was real - hell, every one knows it, we just need to move on."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, I updated!