Suffocation

Chapter Seventeen

Rae Centric -

"You're leaving me?" Alex had questioned, staring at me with the most perturbed expression I had ever seen.

I couldn't even think of a response, because my original plan was to simply leave without saying a word. Instead, Alex had seen me and demanded to know about the bags and - well things went down hill from there.

"How the hell am I supposed to be a human if you don't help me!?" he scrunched up his face, his fingers curling in annoyance, "You can't leave me..."

"Alex," I began, only to pause because - I still hadn't found the proper words, "Well, how about-" I glanced about the room, "Jude? She can help you, she's more human than me."

He scoffed, "She's a freak."

It was a moment before I broke out in laughter. I earned myself a glare, so I was quick to shut my trap and mutter an apology, "Sorry, it's just that - I am a freak too. Any one else here could help you just as well as I could."

At this point, Alex wasn't even going to speak. He was upset with me on a level that needed no explanation.

"Alex, hun, please don't be mad at me..." I faked a pout only to recieve a shrug, "You knew I wasn't going to be here forever..."

"Why wouldn't I think you were going to be here forever!?" He suddenly screamed, causing me to jump, "There's nothing wrong with me, but I've been here as far back as I can remember. Why wouldn't they keep some one as perfectly normal as you?!"

I sighed heavily, realizing how right difficult this was going to be. In his eyes, nothing made sense and he was far more lost that I would ever be. How could I explain something that was simple to every one else? I'd have to speak in terms he'd understand...

"I suppose that I might be a cyborg too. And I'm only getting out of here because I finally learned to be human - all by myself. And you won't be able to until you learn all on your own."

Alex simply nodded before hugging me, "If you can do it, then I can too."

x.x.x.x

Ash-Lee Centric -

I yawned, out stretching my hand, reaching for the ringing phone (only after knock everything off the night stand.) It was a moment before I even bothered to answer the phone and pull the blankets off my head, "Hello?"

"Look out your window, dollface." and the line went dead.

I rose a brow as I hung up and stared at the phone... That had oddle enough sounded just like Rae... All the barely existing curiosity had made me quickly jump from my bed and run to the window. I quickly pulled up the shades and screamed, "Dumb ass!"
♠ ♠ ♠
In short, I became really carried away with the whole cyborg thing.
I ended up cutting it short and now - this is what you see.