Suffocation

Chapter Eight

After a long day with Ash-Lee I laid down in my bed, sighing. I stared up at the ceiling, spacing out.

"He's just waiting for me to do what I always do.. And for some reason I'm not.."

Those words kept running through my head.

What could he have meant by that..

I rolled onto my side, reaching over to the table beside my bed. I ripped open the drawer, taking out my journal, before slamming it closed. I reached for my pencil and the remote to my stereo, knocking things over in the process.

I sat up, leaning against the wall. I turned on my stereo and put the volume on high. I opened my journal, putting my pencil to the paper.

September 24

7:43 P.M.

Today was..fun. Ash-Lee and I went to the beach, and out to eat. We had fun, but their seemed to be something bothering him. While we were walking on the beach he said some things that confused me. Like he said..I was a beautiful boy. Me? Sam Hoover. The most plain, invisible, unspecial person in this entire world. Don't get me wrong..of course I've developed feelings for him but I can't imagine him having the same feelings for me...

And what's up with this Rae person..? Why is my name coming out of his mouth...What does Ash mean when he says he's not doing what he usually does when he be-friends a boy? What does he usually do?! Ah, so many questions and no answers to be found. What am I suppose to do. I really want to find this Rae person and ask him myself, he seems to know everything that I don't. But then again, what if Ash-Lee finds out I've been snooping in his business, I don't want him to be mad at me. I don't know, maybe I'll just..brush it off, it can't be that bad..can it?


I sighed, closing the journal, and placing it on the table. I didn't feel like being at the house. I decided to go to the beach to clear my mind. I grabbed my hoodie, putting it on. I shut off my stereo, walking into my closet and grabbed a big towel. I slowly made my way down the stairs and out the door.

- At The Beach -

I spread my towel out, laying on it. I closed my eyes, listening to the waves crashing on the shore. The wind blowing lightly, from time to time. I sighed. After a while my eyes starting feeling heavy and felt myself slowly drifting away...