Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

'BAM! PHONE!' April yelled out the front door.
'Fuck!' I heard him mumble. 'I'll call you later okay?'
'Yeah.' I said.
'Okay bye.' He said as he ran to the house. I grabbed my gloves off the ground and walked home barely believeing what had just happened.
After that, hanging out with Bam was awkward for awhile. Neither of us said anything about it. We just had a silent agreement to never bring it up again.
Finally Christmas morning came. Instead of waking up, I decided to sleep in a little. I mean I was fifteen, I didn't really need to rush out of bed. Apparently someone had a different idea. Around eight something hit my window hard. I decided to ignore it and rolled over. Two minutes later two things hit my window. Followed quickly by a third and a forth. I got up and opened the curtain. The window was covered in snow and Bam and Jess were in my yard wrestling over what looked like a carrott.
'What the fuck are you doing?' I asked making them both look up.
'Rian!' Bam screamed getting up and pushing Jess back down.
'Merry Christmas!' They both cried.
'It would be merrier if I was asleep.' I said.
'I want my present!' Bam cired. 'And I have yours.'
'And we built a snowman!' Jess cried.
'Fine I'm coming.' I said. I shut the window and threw on Bam's hoodie and a pair of boots. I grabbed his present off my desk and walked outside.
'Where's Jess?' I asked as I came aroud the corner.
'He had to go. Chad was driving up the road.' Bam explained. 'Like our snowman?' He asked as I walked around the front of it to get a better look at it.
'Yeah.' I said smiling. 'It's really sweet.'
'Is that for me?' He asked pointing to the box in my hand.
'Yeah.' I said.
I handed it to him and he ripped off the wrapping paper and opened the box.
'No fucking way!' He said looking down and then up at me. 'Rian! I cannot believe you!'
He wripped off the belt he had on and put his new belt buckle on.
'You like it?' I asked.
'I love it!' He said. 'Thanks.'
'Where's mine?' I asked.
'Look at the snowman.' He said smirking.
Dangaling from the carrott nose was a heart bracelet. Each heart was silver and the biggest one was gold.
'Bam!' I said taking it off.
'You like it?' He asked.
'Yeah.' I said taking it off.
'Let me put it on you.' He said and he placed it on my wrist.
'Thank you so much!' I said flinging my arms around his neck and giving him a hug.
'RIAN!' My mother screamed. 'Your grandparents are here! And your aunt! And cousins! Let's go!'
'Coming!' I called back still in the arms of Bam. 'I guess I have to go.'
'Yeah.'
I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
'Thank you Bam. I really do love it.'
'Thank you for my belt buckle.' He said.
'RIAN!'
'Call me later?' I asked as he walked me to my door.
'Of course.' He said.
He looked up and smirked.
'What?' I asked.
'Mistle toe.' He said before kissing me.
'Merry Christmas Ri.' He said before stepping off my porch and heading back to his house.
I stood there for a minute and looked down at my bracelet. It really was a Merry Christmas.
'RI-' My mother said opening the door. 'What are you doing in the cold? Get in the house. Where were you?'
'Giving Bam his pre-'
'Kissing her boyfriend I saw.' My little cousin Timmy answered.
'He's not my boyfriend.'
'You have a boyfriend, Rian?' My grandmother asked. 'What's his name?'
'His name is Bam. And he's not my boyfriend.' I said getting mad.
After opening my presents and Christmas dinner we were all sitting around in the living room tlaking about past Christmas's when the phone rang.
'Hello?' My mother asked grabbing it. 'Hold on. Ri.'
I got up grabbing the phone. 'Who is it?'
'Bam.' She said.
My aunt did an oOo and I glared at her.
'Hello?' I asked into the phone.
'Hey Ri Ri.' Bam said.
'Hey.' I said.
'What cha doin'?' He asked.
'Hanging with the fam, you?' I asked.
'Same. Except Vito's here, so I ran to my room.'
I laughed.
'What are you doing later? You want to come watch a movie with me Jess Jess and Raab Himself?' He asked.
'Raab Himself?' I asked laughing.
'Yeah.'
'Uh, let me ask.' I but the phone against my shoulder. 'Mom, can I go to Bam's?'
'If he walks here to get you and walks you back.' She said.
'She said it was fine if you walk me both ways.' I said.
'Of course I will. I'll be there in five minutes.'
'Bye.'
'Bye.'
I ran up to my room to change into a tee and put Bam's hoodie back on. It still smelled like him.
'Rian!' My mom called up the stairs. 'Come on in Bam.'
'Shit.' I mumbled to myself. She let him in the house.
I ran and bounded down the stairs almost tripping.
'Ready?' I asked as I popped up next to Bam.
'Yeah.' He said smiling at me. 'It was nice to meet all of you.'
'You too.' My family said as I pushed him out the door.