Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

The next day when Bam called, I said I still wasn't feeling well. He didn't call again after that. I think he knew something was wrong. I woke up the next morning and covered the bruise with foundation.
Running downstairs I saw Jess's car in the driveway. 'Bye mom!' I screamed running out and hopping in the back with Bam.
'Hi.' I said.
'Hey.' He said. 'You feel better?'
'Yeah.'
'I feel like I haven't seen you in forever...' Deron said from the front.
'It was like three days ago.' I said laughing.
'That's a long time.' Jess said.
School was long and boring. I went to Bam's after and hung out with the boys in the basement. Forgetting about Scott's new ask first policy. Bam walked me home and I found my parents had gone out. I invited him in for some ice cream. I went to the machine there was a message. I pressed the button as I fed the dogs.
'Hey Mom and Ri. It's Cass. I don't want to live with Dad anymore. I really just want to come and live with you...so call me back? Okay love you bye.'
My heart stopped. I swallowed hard.
'Who was that?' Bam asked.
'My sister.' I said looking at him.
'You have a sister?' He asked.
'Yeah she's eight.' I said as I went to grab some bowls. The phone rang. 'Can you get that?'
'Yeah.' He said grabbing it. 'Hello? Uh, yeah, hang on.'
'Who is it?' I asked.
'I don't fucking know. Sounds like the girl on the machine.' He said handing me the phone.
'Hello?' I asked taking it and scooping ice cream into bowls.
'Rian?' I heard her ask.
'Hey Cass!' I said.
'Who answered the phone?' She asked.
'Oh, that was-- Bam!'
'What?' He asked as he scooped ice cream out of the carton and ate it.
'Oh that's disgusting.' I said as I took it away from him and handed him his dish.
'Who?' Cassie asked.
'My friend Bam.' I said taking a bite of my own.
'That's a funny name.' She giggled.
'It's a nickname.'
'Fuck! Ri, I gotta go!' Bam said looking at the clock.
'What? Why?'
'Cause, there's some skate thing on I wanted to catch. I'll call you later okay?' He gave me a kiss on the lips. 'Okay?'
'Yeah.'
He leaned in and gave me another.
'Ri?' Cassie asked.
A car pulled in the driveway.
'Go out the backdoor.' I whispered.
'Why?' He asked confused.
'Cause you have a dick and I'm not allowed to have you over.' I explained.
'Oh yeah.' I opened the door and pushed him out. 'Bye.'
'You still there Cass?' I asked.
'Yeah. Is he your boyfriend?' She asked.
'No. Best firend.' I said placing the bowls in the sink.
'But I heard him kiss you.' She said.
'Look, do me a huge favor, and pretend he wasn't here at all. I'm not allowed to have boys over and mom just got home.' I said as the front door opened.
'Okay deal, but you owe me.' She said.
'Fine.'
'Rian?' I heard my mother call.
'In here.' I said.
'Whose that? Bam or Rose?' She joked.
'Cassie.' I said handing her the phone.
'Cassie?' She said as I climbed the stairs to my room.
'Rian?' Scott said grabbing my arm a little harder then he should have. 'Was the Margera boy just running through the yard?'
'No.' I said trying to ignore the pain in my arm.
'He better not have been.' He said releasing me.
Rubbing my arm I went upstairs knowing I would now have a new bruise to sport.
I finished my homework and went to bed.
'Thanks for calling last night.' I said as I got in Jess's car the next morning.
'I never said anything about calling you...' Raab said from my left.
'Not you.' I said rolling my eyes.
'Sorry, I forgot.' Bam said.
'What happened?' Raab asked pointing to the bruise on my arm.
'Oh...I...uh...walked...into a...car door. Yeah, that's it.' I said lying.
Raab seemed to have bought it but Bam didn't.
'Since when do you walk into car doors?' He asked turning to face me.
'Last night, on my way home.' I said not thinking.
'I walked you home. You didn't go anywhere near any cars...'
'I meant after you left. I had to get my mom's...uh...sweater from the car and I hit the door.' I said.
I knew he didn't buy it but he turned around as Jess pulled into a parking space.
The day was fine until science. Bam kept staring at the mark on my arm. I silently cursed myself for not wearing long sleeves. On top of that, Mr. Thayer decided to assign a project. Due the next day. He passed out poster board.
'So...' Bam said looking down at the directions. 'Your house or mine?'
'Uh...'
'Or am I still not allowed over because of dickface?' He asked.
'I'm sure it would be fine. It's a project.' I said shrugging.
'Okay. Good. Cause Jess got in trouble and Ape punished him and now Phil's not talking to her because he doesn't think Jess should be in trouble and I'm just kinda stuck in the middle.' Bam explained.
'What'd Jess do?' I asked.
'Ape caught him and Kelly making out in his car.'
'And he got in trouble...' I asked hardly believeing Ape would be mad over that.
'Well...let's just say Humpfest '94 almost happened in my driveway last night.' Bam said making me laugh.
Bam and I walked to his house to get some markers after school. I called and made sure it was okay with my mom if we did the project at our house. She said it was fine and Bam could stay for dinner if he wanted. She also said she had to go get cassie from the Philly airport so we'd be home alone for a bit.
After getting everything we would need from Bam's we walked to my house. My mom and Scott were running out the door as we came in. After saying goodbye we went in. I got some chips and sodas from the fridge and we sat on the living room floor and began to get to work. Bam put on MTV and we rocked out and sang along to the music deciding which videos we liked and which we didn't.
'Okay...so I was thinking we could put the title here an--.' I was suddenly cut off by Bam kissing me.
'What was that for?' I giggled.
'You looked pretty.' He said smirking.
I leaned in and gave him a slightly longer kiss.
'What was that for?' He asked.
'For being your random self.' I said.
He smiled and grabbed my waist and tickled me.
'Bam! Stop! Stop...' I said laughing. We rolled around on the floor with him tickling me and me pleading for me to stop. He pinned me to the ground and I was still laughing as he climbed on my chest and straddled me.
'Get off.' I said still laughing.
'No.' He said.
'Why?'
'Cause.'
'Bam...'
'Rian...'
'Seriously.'
'I'm being serious.'
'No. You're killing me.'
'Let me give you some air.' He whispered leaning in and kissing me again. I felt his tongue aganist my bottom lip begging for entrance. I let him in and felt his tongue dance around mine. His hands had been pinning mine above my head and he finally let them go and placed his on my hips rubbing his thumbs on the bare skin between my jeans and shirt. I wove my hands in his hair pulling him closer.
'Mmm...Rian.' He moaned.
A car pulled in the driveway and I through him off of me and sat up.
'Was I that bad?' He asked.
'No. You were great. It's just...they're home.' I said going back to our poster.
'Shit.' He said trying to flatten his hair.
'Don't even bother with that.' I said smirking.
'Shut up.' He said coming to help me as my mom and Scott walked in the door with some bags.
'Where's Cass?' I asked standing up as Bam turned the TV down.
'She fell asleep.' My mom said. Scott carried her in the house and up the stairs to her room. Bam and I ate some frozen pizza and finished the project before he headed home and I went to bed.
I had yet to see Cassie as the week wore on. I went to Bam's everyday after school to help him film some skate tricks to put a compilation together and send to his manager. Thursday finally came and I had plans to go out to eat with Rose. I had told her about being friends with Bam awhile ago. It was hard to hide it with him always with me or vice versa. We decided to go to a pizza shop downtown.
'So...' She asked. 'What are your plans for tonight?'
'I have to go help Bam film one more trick for the video. And then going home. Why?'
'Is it just you and Bam hanging out?' She asked I could tell she was hinting around.
'Yes. But, tomorrow, CKY is playing, and then we might go camping.' I explained.
'Whose going camping?'
'Uh...Jess, Deron, Chad, Jess's newest girlfriend, Bam, Me, Raab, Dico, Rake, Dunn, and Bam's neighbor's. I don't know them. I'e never met them.' I said making a list in my head.
'Can I come?' She asked.
'Of course. I'm not even going to bother asking.' I said.
'Cool.'
'But, just so you know, hanging out with them is like stepping into hell willingly.' I joked.
Her eyes got wide.
'I'm kidding.' I said to reassure her.