Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

The next day Rose walked home with me. Jess and Bam tried to get us in the car but I told them Rose wouldn't get in with people she didn't know. So instead they flew by us screaming their heads off, heavy metal blarring from the speakers. I laughed and Rose looked shocked.
'You sure you want to come with us?' I asked.
'Yeah. Of course.' She said.
We continued down the road in silence.
'RIAN!' I heard Deron scream as we walked by the Margera's.
'What?'
'You coming to hear us?' He asked.
'I wouldn't miss it!'
He gave me a rock on and continued pulling amps out of his car.
'Mom!' I called as I got in the house.
'Hi honey!' She said from the kitchen.
'I have a question...' I said.
'Okay...'
'Is it okay if I go to Bam's to hear his brother Jess's band play?' I asked.
'That's fine. You do that everyother Friday.' She said putting brownies in the oven.
'And can I go camping?'
'Whose going?' She asked turning to face me with hands on her hips.
'Jess, Chad, Deron, Raab, Dico, Rake, Dunn, Rose, Jess's girlfriend, Bam's neighbor's, and Bam.' I said.
'Rose, you're going? I didn't know you hung around those kids too.' She said. 'Well, since Rose is going, it's fine. But, can you please ride up there with Jess? I don't need you in someone I don't know's car. And Monday, you're spending time with Cassie. I don't even think she's seen you since she moed in.'
'Okay mom. Thanks! I'll be back to get some clothes.'
We ran down to the Margera's. The couch was in the driveway and the garage door was open. No one was outside.
'They must be inside.' I said to Rose. I climbed the stairs and opened the door without knocking.
'Rian!' She said shocked as I pulled her into the living room.
'Ape! You gotta more kids just walkin' intaya house! Youra sons do whateva the vulk they want!' Vito said from the couch waving a beer bottle around.
'Ignore him.' I muttered and pushed her towards the kitchen. 'Hey Ape.'
'Oh, Rian! Good I'm glad you're here. Are you going with the boys? Whose this?' She asked smiling.
'This is my friend Rose. She's coming with us.'
'Nice to meet you.' April said and began packing coolers.
'Rian, I haven't even talked to my mom.' She whispered.
'Ape, do you know where the phone is?' I asked.
'I think Bam took it downstairs.' She said.
I grabbed Rose's hand and pulled her back to the living room and to the door that lead to the basement. I opened it and desended the stairs in time to see Dico kick a football into Rake's mouth.
'Ow! Fuck!' He yelled as Dico fell over with laughter.
'Rian!' Raab said.
'Hey guys!' I pulled Rose down the stairs and over to the couch.
'I thought you were playing.' I said poking Jess in the nose.
'We did. You missed it.' He smirked.
'What!'
'It's okay Rian. They only did one song.' Dunn said not taking his eyes from the TV.
'Is the phone down here?' I asked.
'No. Bambi took it upstairs to his room. He didn't want us listening in.' Jess said.
'Okay. Come on Rose.' I said as I grabbed her hand and pulled her back upstairs. I shut the door to the basement.
'Hey Rian.' Phil said from the couch.
'Hey Phil.'
I grabbed Rose's hand and pulled her down the hall and knocked on the sticker covered door on the left.
'Leave me the fuck alone, Jess!' I heard Bam say over the music.
'It's not Jess. If I can't come in then--'
He pulled the door open and leaned in to kiss me before stopping and noticing Rose.
'What the fuck do you want?' He asked her.
'Be nice.' I said pushing him backwards into his room. Rose followed us in.
I sat him on the bed and threw Rose the phone. She caught it and dialed the number.
'You came here to use my phone?' He asked.
'What's your problem?' I asked.
'Are you coming camping?' He asked changing the subject.
'Yeah.'
'Is she?'
'Yes.'
He rolled his eyes.
'Bam stop.' I muttered hitting him. 'You've never had a problem with her before.'
'Well, I do now.'
'Stop being an ass.' I said as Rose hung up.
'She said it was fine.' She told me and handed Bam the phone.
'Great!' I said. 'Let's go ask Jess when we leave.' I said. She opened the door and stepped out into the hall.
I turned to face Bam who looked at me before shaking his head and falling back on the bed.
I went downstairs with Rose following me.
'Okay.' I said coming down the stairs. 'Who fucked him up the ass?'
'Who?' Dunn asked.
'Bam. He's all pissy.' I said sitting next to Raab and pulling Rose in between us.
'Well, his buddy from Baltimore, Brandon Novak, he's all hooked on Herion. And Bam just found out.' Jess said.
'So, he doesn't need to take that out on me.' I said.
'Better you then me.' Chad said hitting my shoulder.
'Shut up.' I said hitting him back. 'When do we leave?'
'Bam!' April could be heard screaming. 'Turn that music down!'
'Rian, maybe you should talk to him.' Jess said.
'No way. He wouldn't even talk to me when I was up there.' I explained.
'That's cause you had Rose with you.' Jess said. 'Just asking him if he's coming.'
'Fine.' I climbed the stairs and shut the door behind me.
'Rian. Could you ask him to turn that down?' April asked me.
'Yeah.' I went down and opened his door without knocking. He sat right up and then laid back down. 'Ape wants you to turn it down.'
He didn't answer. He just laid there.
'Bam.' I went over to his stereo and turned it down. 'Jess, told me what happened.'
'He's just such a fucking dumbass. He told me he doesn't think he wants to go pro anymore. He told me he wasn't going to get addicted.' He said.
'I don't think he did it on purpose. Herion is a very powerful drug.' I said sitting next to him.
I laid down next to him and put my head on his chest. I laid there listening to his heart beat.
'I'm sorry for being an ass.' He whispered.
'It's okay.' I said.
Just then the door flew open. We both sat up as Jess, Deron, Chad, and Dunn stepped in.
'What the fuck are you doing?' Bam asked standing.
'We thought it was locked, Loverboy.' Deron said before dashing out of the room as Bam chased after him.
'Come on Ri.' Jess said. 'Time to go.'
Jess stopped at my house and Bam and I ran in.
'Rian!' Cassie called from the top of the stairs as Bam and I ran up them.
'Hi Cass.' I said as I opened my door and ran in. Bam followed and Cassie did too.
'Where are you going?' She asked as I grabbed a duffel bag and threw clothes in.
'Camping.' I answered. 'I need a hoodie. Mom! Where are all my hoodies!?'
'Can I come?' Cassie asked sitting on my bed next to Bam.
'No.' He said.
'Who are you?' She asked.
'Cassie this is Bam. Bam that's my sister.' I said.
'I don't like you.' She said to Bam.
'Cassie! That's not nice.' I said.
'Is he your boyfriend?' She asked.
'Yeah. Now can you leave so we can makeout?' Bam asked.
'Ew.' Cassie said getting up.
'Bam!' I said hitting him. 'Behave. We're not dating.'
'Rian. Stop worrying. I brought an extra hoodie.' He said.
'Okay, but I still can't find a pajama shirt.' I said closing my bag.
'You can borrow one. Let's go.' Bam said grabbing my bag and pulling me down the stairs.
'Bye mom.' I said as I opened the door. 'Bye Cass.'
'Have fun.' She said giving me a hug.
We ran out and got in the car. 'Sorry. My sister held us up.'
'It's okay.' Jess said.
We stopped at Rose's and Raab's on the way and then we were off to meet the others.
'Deron and Chad are getting the thing from Vito's right?' Bam asked as we stopped at a store to get some last minute things.
'What are you getting from Vito's?' I asked.
Jess and Bam exchanged a glance.
'Beer.' Bam said looking at me.
'Beer?' I said.
'Yeah. Only a little bit.' He said.
I rolled my eyes and followed them to the register.
We got to the campground and began to set up tents. Bam's neighbor's pulled up with Jess's girlfriend. Bam introduced me them. Chris and Mark Hannah. Jess's girlfriend was a pretty blonde named Michelle. Dunn showed up with Dico and Rake. They pulled the coolers of food out. Bam and Raab got a fire going. We ate and talked and laughed while we waited for Deron and Chad. They came two hours later.
'Where the fuck were you?' Jess asked as they came over with a cooler.
'We got lost.' Deron panted.
Chad opened the cooler and passed out a Budwieser to everyone.
'How did you get these?' Rose asked opening hers.
'We opened Vito's front door, went to his fridge, and filled the cooler.' Deron explained as everyone laughed.
I took a sip of mine and shivered. It was getting colder as night approached.
'Cold?' Bam asked.
'A little.' He went to the tent and got me his hoodie. I put it on. It smelled just like him. Sighing happily I went back to the fire with everyone else. Rose was wearing Raab's sweatshirt and Michelle had on Jess's. I went and stood next to Bam who was sitting in his chair. He grabbed my waist and pulled me down onto his lap. He rested his hand on my thigh and it burned through my jeans. I leaned back against him and listened to Deron tell us a story about his first time being high.
'I have to pee. You wanna come?' Rose asked me.
'Yeah.' I got up off Bam's lap.
'Where you going?' He asked.
'Bathroom.'
'Flashlights on the table.' He said.
'Okay.' I went back and grabbed it and walked to the bathroom with Rose.
'So...you and Rabby?' I asked giggling.
'Shut up...' She said. I could see her blushing in the darkness.
'Hey!' I heard from behind us. I turned to see Michelle.
'You gotta go too?' I asked.
'No. I just didn't want to be left behind with the guys. They were teasing Bam about you Rian.' She said.
'What do you mean?' I asked.
'They keep calling him Loverboy.' She said smirking.
Rose burst out laughing as we all got into the small bathroom stall. Rose and I went as we all giggled.
'What was that?' Rose asked as I pulled up my pants.
'What?' I asked.
'That?' Michelle said. There was a rustle in the bushes.
'Probably a--' I started.
'Bear?' Rose asked.
'Mountain Lion?' Michelle asked.
'Yeah. That's it.' I said sarcastically. I got opened the door and stepped out with them clinging to me.
'There it is again.' Michelle whispered making us stop.
'It's over there.' Rose pointed.
I turned the flshlight to where she was pointing. It hit a white paw and they screamed running towards the campsite. Leaving me looking at a small white bunny. Sighing I turned and headed back.
'Where's Rian?' I heard Bam ask over their screams of a bear attacking the bathroom stall and pulling me off into the woods.
'I'm right here.' I said coming around the corner.
'Was it really a bear?' Mark asked me.
'Shut up Hannah.' Bam said laughing.
'No. It was a bunny.' I said.
Bam bagan to laugh as did everyone else.
'It was a scary bunny.' Michelle said as everyone laughed.
'I'm sure it was babe.' Jess said kissing her forehead.
'I'm going to bed.' I said walking to the tent.
'You only had one beer!' Chad said.
'Exactly.' I said.
I opened the door and climbed in. Bam was right behind me.
'What are you doing?' I asked him.
'Changing.' He said.
I climbed into the sleeping bag and tried not to look as Bam changed.
'You okay?' He asked neeling next to me when he was done.
'Yeah.'
'Okay. Night.' He said leaning down and kissing me on the lips.
'You smell.' I said when we broke apart.
'Like what?'
'Beer.' I said.
He smiled and stood up.
'Don't get too shitfaced.' I told him.
'I won't. I promise.' He left after that and I fell asleep.
I woke up early the next morning. Something was around my waist and a warm body was against mine. I looked over my shoulder to see dark curly hair sticking up and I knew it was Bam. Smiling I rolled over and burried my face into his warm chest and tried to fall back asleep.
'Yo. Bam. Bam Bam.' I heard Deron say.
'What?' Bam groaned and let me out of his death grip.
'We gotta go to the store and get some stuff.' Deron said. 'Is that Rian?'
'Yeah. What do we have to go to the store for?' Bam asked sitting up.
'Dude, your brother's passed out with Rian.' Deron giggled to Jess.
'Did you hump her?' Jess asked.
'Shut up.' Bam said. I felt him get up.
'It's not our fault your like obsessed with her but don't have the balls to ask her out.' Deron said.
'Shut up.' Bam said.
'Don't push Deron or I'll beat your ass.' Jess said.
'Don't hit me.' Bam said back.
'Bam. Jess. Stop. Let's just go.' Deron said. I heard the car start up and drive away. I laid there for a little while before getting up. I made myself some coffee and started the fire back up. I sat and watched it.
'Ri Ri.' Deron called as they got out of the car.
'Where were you guys?' I asked, pretending I knew nothing of the conversation earlier.
'Store.' Bam said coming to sit next to me.
'What'd you get?'
'Stuff for dinner and breakfast.' Jess said.
'We were gonna get more beer, but we didn't want to risk it.' Deron said.
'Or drive all the way to Chichester.' Bam said putting his head on my shoulder.
We spent the day listening to music and talking. As darkness grew, the Hannah brothers got into a fist fight over the last hot dog that Jess and Chad had to break up. We sat around roasting marshmallows and talking.
'We should play a game.' Dico said making us all look up.
'Like what?' I asked.
'Camoflage.' Jess said finally pulling away from his makeout session with Michelle.
'No. Not that game!' Bam cried.
'God, Bam, you're such a pussy!' Jess said laughing. 'You only hate that game cause last time we played a snake crawled over you.'
'How do you play?' I asked.
'Well,' Dunn began to explain. 'One person is it. And then everyone else goes to a starting point and when whoever is it is ready they call Camoflage, one, two, three, four, five.'
'With their eyes closed!' Raab threw in.
'Yeah. And then you open them when you get to five and look around. And whoever you see, goes back to start. And it repeats until someone tags whoevers it. Then they get to be it.' Dunn finished.
'Sounds fun.' Rose said.
'Who's in?' Chad asked.
Everyone stood up besides Bam.
'Do you honestly think a snake is going to get you?' I asked him.
'No.'
'Well, let's go then.' I grabbed his hand and pulled him off to start leaving Rake to be it.
'Come on guys!' He called.
'Start!' Jess called.
'Camoflage, one, two, three, four, five...' Rake counted.
I dashed and hid behind a tree farther up ahead then the others had gotten.
'Camoflage, one, two...'
I could see Bam running by my tree so I reached out and grabbed him pulling him into me and kissing him full on the lips. He was shocked at first but then kissed me back. The kisses got more and more passionate until we heard a car pull up next to Jess's. We stopped and looked to see the owner telling the others to quite down. We came out from behind our hiding spot a moment later and no one had noticed we were gone.
I went to bed first again. A few hours later I was woken up by a wet Bam getting into the sleeping bag and the sound of dripping on the tent.
'Bam?' I whispered.
'Yeah...'
'What's that noise?'
'It started to rain. Go to sleep.' He said pulling me against his warm body.
We packed the cars up the next day in the pouring rain. We had decided to get up early and go because of the rain. Bam put Nirvana's Nevermind in and I watched laughing as him and Jess headbanged the whole way home. We stopped at Rose's house and watched her and Raab makeout for five minutes until Bam leaned over and held the horn down and Raab got in the car.
'Thank you so much Rian.' He said hugging me.
'For what?' I asked laughing.
'For introducing me to the most amazing girl.' He mumbled into my shoulder.
'All right get off her.' Bam said as I laughed. We dropped Raab off and then went back to Bam's. After helping unpack the cars, Bam walked me home.
He came in and helped me bring my stuff to my room.
'We better say bye up here.' I said.
He smiled and came closer and kissed me.
'Bye.' He whispered as he stepped back.
'Bye.'
I walked him to the door and watched him skate towards his house.