Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

'What do you want to do today?' Bam asked me the next day in Science.
'I can't do anything.' I said.
'What! Why?' He asked.
'I promised I'd hang out with Cassie.' I said.
'But I have to leave tomorrow.' He said.
'What are you talking about?' I asked as the bell rang and we walked to my locker.
'I have a demo in North Carolina.' He said.
'You never told me that.' I said.
'Yeah, I think I did.' He said.
'No, you never did.' I said.
'Well, you have to hang out with me today. I won't be back for a week.' He said.
'I can't. I promised Cassie. I'm not going to break a promise with my sister because you forgot to tell me you were going away for a week.' I said closing the door.
'Can I come?' He asked.
'Bam...' I started. 'I haven't seen my sister in years. Since she was five. She's eight now. I spent all last week and the weekend with you. I have to have one on one time with her. You can come some other time. Maybe we can take her to the movies or some--'
'No. You know what Rian. Go. Have fun with your sister. Don't fucking worry about me. But I hope you know once I get signed to a big label I'm not gonna have time for this bull shit. You know what, maybe I'll shoot up with Novak this weekend. Have a great week.' He stormed off down the hallway.
'Bam! Bam!' I called after him but he only ignored me.
I went home and ran up to my room and dialed Bam's number. April told me he wasn't home which was kinda funny because he had been going in the house five minutes ago when I walked by but I thanked her and told her to have him call me. Cassie and I decided to go to the movies so after getting money from our mom we left and walked into town. My stomach was in knots as we walked by Bam's.
I glanced over and noticed he was outside with Jess.
'Rian!' Jess called and Cassie and I stopped. I looked up as Bam tried to grind an old table and fell on the pavement. He stood up threw his board into a trash barrel and stormed off into the house as Jess came over to me.
'Did you guys have a fight?' He asked.
'Yeah.' I sighed.
'Over what?' He asked.
'He was mad because I promised my sister I'd do something with her and I couldn't do anything with him.' I explained. 'Jess, I'm worried. He said he was going to shoot up with Novak.'
'He wouldn't.' Jess said shaking his head. 'Give him time to cool off. He's just nervous about the demo. It's for Vans and he really wants a big name to sign him.'
'Jess, are you fucking ready?' Bam asked as he came out of the house. 'I need to go. I don't have time for this shit.' He got into Jess's car.
'I have to go take Pissy Pants down to Fairman's for some new trucks.' Jess said making me smile. 'You wanna hang out with me and the boys while he's gone?'
'Yeah. Of course.' I said.
'Alright.' Jess said.
'Jess come the fuck on! For fuck's sake!' Bam said shutting the door.
'Coming your majesty!' Jess called as he ran across the street.
'You and that boy had a fight?' Cassie asked as we continued down the street.
'No. His brother. You met him the other day. He was in the car.' I explained.
'Did I make you fight?' She asked.
'No. He was being a jerk.' I told her. 'Don't worry about it. What movie do you want to see?'
'Muppet Treasure Island!' She excalimed jumping up and down.
'Okay!' I said laughing.
Wednesday I went over to see Jess. Deron and him were in the basement watching a movie. I joined them and we just talked and Deron told me a story about his sister. The phone rang and Jess asked me to get it.
'Hello?' I asked.
'Rian?' Bam's voice asked. 'What the fuck are you doing?'
'Answering the phone for Jess.' I said.
'Can I talk to him?' He asked I could tell he was annoyed.
'Your brother.' I said to Jess throwing it at him.
'Hello?' Jess asked. 'What? Dude, relax. No. Dude, she's friends with me too. Who's that? You're with Novak? Does Mom know? She does. Of course not. Did you do a run yet? Tomorrow. Oh. Don't do that. Is she hot? She is? Alright little brother! Yeah. She's there? Yeah, Dude, hook up with her! Haha, yeah. Alright. Call me later and tell me about it. Yeah. Bye.'
'What'd he say? Deron asked.
'Something about some hot ass chick all over him and then you know that skater chick from school? The really hot one?'
'Toni Emerson.' I said.
'Yeah! Well, she's there too and he said they were kinda hanging out. And him and Novak were going down to the pool with them.' Jess said. 'Oh, and he seems to think you and I hooked up.'
'What!' I said.
'Yeah.' Jess said.
'First of all, if we did, what the fuck does he care? He's hooking up with those whores down there.' I said angry. 'I have to go.'
'Rian. I didn't mean to piss you off.' Jess said.
'It's not you Jess. You're brother's just a fuck up.' I said as I left. I walked home barely believeing I had the worst luck in the world.
'Rian phone!' My mother called up the stairs a few hours later.
It was either Bam being a jackass or Jess apologizing.
'Hello?'
'Rian! Need your help!' Raab screamed.
'Whoa! Raab relax!' I said laughing. 'What's up?'
'Rose.' He said. 'I need to get her something. We have a date tomorrow and I don't know what to get her. Or what to wear.'
'Okay slow down.' I said. 'Where are you going?'
'On a date.'
'I know that! Where are you taking her?' I asked.
'Oh! Uh dinner at Duffer's.'
'You're taking her to a pub?' I asked.
'Not good?' He asked.
'Not really.'
'How about Antonio's?' He asked.
'Prefect. She loves Italian. Now why don't you wear an oxford and dress pants?' I asked.
'Okay...' He said. 'Yeah.'
'And get her some flowers.' I said smiling.
'DUH! Why didn't I think of that?' He asked. 'Wait! What kind?'
'Dasies are her favorite.'
'Thanks Ri!' He said.
'Have you talked to Bam?' I asked.
'Yeah. He said you were being a bitch.' Raab said.
'He is impossible.' I said sighing.
'Okay. Well I have to go eat dinner.' Raab said.
'Okay. Bye.' I said.
Jess cornered me in the hall on friday and told me I was going out with him Chad and Deron no matter what.
'Meet me at the car after school.' He said walking away.
'Where are we going?' I asked as Raab and Rose madeout next to me.
'Movies. Mall. I don't really know!' He said continuing down the hall. Sighing I headed off to a lonely Science class.
After school I walked out to Jess's car.
'There she is!' Deron called as I got in.
'Hey guys.' I said.
'Okay.' Jess said backing out. 'What does everyone want to do?'
'We should go to Philly.' Chad said.
'Why would we do that?' I asked.
'Movies, mall, and dinner.' Deron said.
'And only twenty minutes away.' Jess said.
'We can do all that at King of Prussia.' I said.
'No. No movies Ri Ri.' Jess said looking at me through the review.
'Fine. Let's go.' I said.
After an interesting trip to Philly, we went back to Jess's and went to the basement. Dunn was down there watching TV.
'What the fuck are you doing here?' Jess asked as he went and sat in the recliner.
'Watching TV.' Dunn said.
'How'd you get in? Phil's working late.'
'I know the code to the garage.' He said smirking. 'Bam called.'
'He did? What'd he say?' Jess asked.
'Same thing you did. And he wants you to call him.' Dunn said.
'I don't have a number.' Jess said. Dunn threw a piece of paper at him.
Deron, Chad and I watched as Jess dialed a number and put the phone on speaker.
'Hi, could I have room 125 please?' Jess asked.
'One moment, Sir.' A woman said.
'Hello?' Bam's voice came a minute later.
'Yo Dude.' Jess said.
'Hey man. Were were you earlier?' Bam asked. He sounded a bit different.
'Went into Philly with Der, Chad, and Rian.' Jess said.
'Dunn?' Bam asked.
'No, Dude. The girl you're in love with. Or did you forget?' Jess asked.
I looked away not wanting to hear the answer.
'I was not in love with her.' Bam said.
'What's wrong with you, dude?' Jess asked. Aparently he had heard the voice change to.
'What do you mean?' Bam asked.
'You sound different...' Jess said. 'Like your voice is deeper.'
'Yo man, look at this.' Someone said in the background and Bam hysterically laughed.
'Bam?' Jess asked.
'What?' He asked still laughing.
'What are you on?' Jess asked.
'I smoked a joint with Novak. Dude, Jess, I'm so fucking high right now.' He said still laughing.
'Dude, you're so fucking stupid.' Jess said shaking his head.
'Dude, Toni, wants to fuck me tonight. Should I let her?' He asked.
'No, dude.' Jess said. 'That's fucking stupid as fuck. Don't fucking do it, man. You'll regret it. trust me. And you better not let Ape see you high. And tell Novak he gives you something other then pot, I'm cracking his fucking skull in. We need to have a talk when you get back. And don't fuck up the demo.' Jess hung up and threw the phone at the wall placing his head in his hands.
'What the fuck is his problem?' Chad asked.
'Was that his first time?' Deron asked.
'Yeah.' Jess said. 'I don't need my little brother turning into a pot head...or worse.'