Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

'Where were you?' Scott asked when I walked in the door around ten.
'I went into Philly with Jess, Deron, and Chad. And then I went back to Jess's and hung out in the basement.' I said.
'No phone call?' He asked.
'I talked to Mom earlier.' I lied.
'No. She told me she didn't know where you were...' He said.
He threw me up the stairs as I fell down them a bit.
'I told you, you little slut, to stay away from those boys.' He slapped me and I felt my lip split open.
'Go to BED!' He screamed.
I scrambled up the stairs and cried my eyes out. I had to get out. Sneak out. Do something. I couldn't stay here. Picking up the phone I dialed the number to Bam's.
'Hello?' Jess asked laughing.
'Jess?' I asked trying to hold back tears.
'Ri?' He asked.
'If I tell you a secret...do you promise not to tell anyone. Especialy Bam?' I asked.
'Of course.' He said.
'Come to my house. I need to sneak out. Meet me by my window.' I said.
'Okay. I'll be there in five minutes.' I hung up and threw the phone on my bed. I grabbed a hoodie, avoiding one of Bam's, and put it on. Taking a tissue I held it to my lip. I opened my window and climbed out to the trelace. I shut the window and climbed down dropping into the bush below the window and waited. Jess appeared a few minutes later and we snuck back to his house.
'What's going on?' Deron asked as I came in. 'Rian what happened?'
'Scott...' Was all I said before Jess pulled me into a hug.
'He's the one that's been giving you bruises, isn't he?' Jess asked. I nodded into his chest.
'Does he hit your mom? Or sister?' Deron asked now rubbing my back.
'No.' I whispered.
'It's okay Rian.' Jess said.
'And now Bam hates me.' I said crying harder.
'He doesn't hate you.' Jess said.
'Then why's he getting high and hooking up with Toni Emerson?' I asked stepping away and sitting on the couch.
'You want to know why.' Deron said sitting next to me. 'Cause Bam is an idiot. All he's good for is a couple kickflips and an ollie here and there. He doesn't think any thing through. He just does whatever the fuck he wants. He gets all pissy when he's nervous. He's a complete and total jackass. He'll do anything to get a laugh. Ask him anything about skating and he could answer with out a second thought and it would be encyclopedia worthy. But when it comes to school and especially girls, he's like a chicken with no head.'
I smiled as I wiped away my tears.
'And when you piss him off, he does whatever it takes to piss you off.' Jess said. 'Even if it means hurting you in the process.'
'You can't tell anybody.' I said looking at both of them.
'Ri, if you tell it'll stop.' Jess said.
'No. It'll get worse.' I said shaking my head. 'Promise me.'
'We promise.' Deron said.
'Jess?' I asked.
'Promise.' He said reluctantly. 'Bam needs to know.'
'No!' I said. 'Not him. I don't need him to worry. He needs to focus on skating and his own life.'
'Rian, you are his life.' Jess said.
'Was. I'm not anymore. He's got Toni.' I said. 'Look I have to go.' I stood up and walked out the door and snuck back into my room praying to God those two could keep a secret.