Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

I was cut off by somebody pushing me from behind. I fell onto Bam who fell inside the closet and the door slammed behind us.
'Ow.' He mumbled.
'Sorry.' I whispered. 'Are you okay?'
'Yeah. Are you?' He whispered back.
'Yeah. Jess pushed me.' I rolled off him and stood up.
'Why are we whispering?' He asked.
'I don't know.' I said laughing.
Bam turned to the door and pulled on the handle.
'It's locked.' He said turning to face me.
'What?' I asked.
'Jess, open the door.' He said hitting it.
'Nope. Not until you two makeup.' Jess said.
'And makeout!' Deron yelled.
'Jess, this isn't funny. Open the fucking door.'
'No.'
'Rose!' I said.
'Sorry, Ri!'
'Jess, I'm gonna kick you're fucking ass when I get out of here.' Bam said as I slid down the wall and sat on the floor.
'It's no use.' I said.
Bam sank to the floor across from me and an awkward silence fell upon us.
'I don't hear talking...' Jess said a few minutes later.
'Shut up!' Bam and I yelled at the same time.
Again silence fell upon us.
'Look, Rian, I never meant to hurt you. I'm sorry if I fucked up our friendship, and I guess now, you hate me. I'm sorry.' He said barely above a whisper.
'I don't hate you.' I mumbled.
'You don't?' He asked.
'No. I don't think I ever could. It's just, you've been such an ass since that demo in North Carolina, I didn't know when you were ever going to be nice to me again.' I said.
'I know. And I'm sorry. I guess I do that sometimes...push people away. I was just really nervous and it hurt that you didn't want to hang out.' He said.
'It's not that I didn't want to. I just had made a promise.' I said.
'I know. I'm a jerk off. I'm really sorry.' He said.
'I'm sorry too.' I said.
We both smiled.
'Friends?' He asked with his arms open for a hug.
'No.' I said and his face fell. 'Best friends.' I tackled him and gave him a hug. I leaned down and gave him a kiss.
'I missed this.' He whispered.
'Me too.' I said back.
We both began to laugh as the door opened and Jess told everyone we were friends again. After we all went downstairs and watched the movie that Deron had brought. I didn't pay much attention because Bam and I were talking again and things were finally getting back to normal.
Scott hadn't paid much attention to me in about a month and I had hoped it would stay that way. But lucky me, he didn't have the same plans.
One Friday night he came home from watching the game with his buddies. He came up to my room while I was on the phone with, of all people, Bam. I hadn't been allowed to go to the weekly sleep over at Bam's because I had forgotten to get Cassie from school, so Bam and I had opted for the phone instead, and it was kinda like I was there. Scott came in without knocking.
'What?' I asked as he stood in my door.
'Hang up the phone.' He mumbled.
'No.' I said.
'Hang up the God damn phone!' Scott said a little louder.
'Ri?' Bam asked.
'I have to go. If I don't call back, in ten minutes, come get me.' I whispered into the phone.
'What's going on?' Bam asked.
'HANG UP THE FUCKING PHONE!' Scott screamed.
'Rian?' Bam asked before I hung up.
'You little slut!' Scott said coming at me and smacking me across the face. I hit me three more times before my mother came in screaming at him to stop. He left and went downstairs.
'Rian,' My mother asked coming towards me on the bed, tears in her eyes. 'How long?'
'Long enough.' I said wiping blood from my lip and picking up the phone. I dialed Bam's number and Jess answered.
'He did it again, didn't he?' Jess asked.
'Yeah...' I mumbled.
'Bam and I are coming.' He said.
'Jess, no! Don't tell him.' I said.
'Too late. Pack a bag for the weekend.' Jess said before hanging up.
I threw the phone on my bed and stood throwing clothes into a bag.
'Where are you going?' My mother asked drying her tears as I packed my bags.
'Away.' I said.
'You're grounded.' She said.
'Your dick head husband beats the shit out of me!' I shrieked.
'Watch your mouth.' She spat.
I ignored her and continued to pack. There was a knock on the window and I turned to see Bam smiling. I ran to it and threw it open.
'Where are you taking her?' My mother asked Bam.
'I can't tell you.' He said not looking at her. I handed him my bag and he threw it down to Jess.
'Goodbye, Mother.' I said before going out the window and climbing down the trelace. 'I'll be back, Monday.'
'Be safe.' She called as I ran off with Jess and Bam towards their house.