Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

We barged through their front door a few minutes later.
'APE!' Bam called as he pulled me into the kitchen.
'Rian! Oh my God!' She said running towards me with a wet rag and placing it on my still bleeding lip. 'Oh honey, are you okay?'
'I'm fine Ape.' I said taking the rag from her and holding it to my lip as she ran to get ice for my eye.
'You're sure?' Bam asked looking at me with concern filling his blue eyes.
'Yeah.' I mumbled. He held my gaze for a moment before I looked away.
'Here.' Ape said handing me ice, two advil, and a glass of water.
Bam, Ape, and Jess watched me swallow the pills.
'Do you want to talk about it?' April asked. 'Or call the police?'
'No. I don't want to call unless it gets worse. This is the worst it's been. Seriously.' I said. They exchanged glances. 'I'm really tired. Can I just go to sleep?'
'Of course.' Bam said standing up and walking me to his room. I sat on his bed and he got me something to wear.
'You know, I brought my own clothes.' I said as he handed them to me.
'I know, but you look cuter in mine.' He said smirking.
We sat in silence a moment before he asked, 'How come you never told me?'
'I was embaressed at first. And then it happened while you were away at the demo so I called Jess and Deron. That's why they knew/ I made them swear not to tell you. I didn't want you to worry.' I said keeping my eyes to the floor.
'Of course I'm gonna worry about you. You're my best friend. I always fucking worry.' Bam said. 'You can tell me anything Rian.'
'I know. I'm just an idiot...' I said.
'Yeah you are. Now get dressed.' He said turning to leave.
'Bam?' I asked making him stop. 'How come you're so nice to me?'
'Because I care about you...' He said before leaving.
I changed and got into his bed inhaling his scent from the sheets.
I fell asleep barely feeling him crawl in a few hours later.
The next morning I woke up to Jess handing Bam the phone and leaving the room.
'Hello?' Bam asked groggily. 'Colton? How'd you get my number? You got it from Rick? Haha, What's up, dude?' He got up and started putting on pants.
I sat up and started to put my hair up.
'Did I wake you?' Bam asked turning to face me.
'No, Jess did.' I said.
'Sorry.' Bam said. 'Nah man, talking to my chick. Yeah.'
I laid back onto his pillows as he paced the room on the phone.
'Bam?' I asked making him turn to look at me. 'Could I take a shower?'
'Yeah.' He waited for me to get something to wear before he brought me into the bathroom. He turned on the shower and handed me a towel.
'You okay?' He asked.
'Yeah. Thanks.' I said as he gave me a peck on the lips and then left closing the door behind him.
After my shower I got dressed. Bam was skating outside and Jess was practicing drums in the garage.
'Ri Ri!' Bam said as I came down the stairs. 'How the hell are ya?'
'Fine.' I giggled. 'What are you doing?'
'Skatin' He said. 'Come here.'
'Why?'
'Come here.'
I walked over.
'What?'
'You're going to learn to skate.' He laughed.
'What. Bam, No!'
'Yup. Now stand on it.' He said getting off. He helped me on and gripped my hands as he pulled me down the street.
'Bam!' I squeeled.
Two hours later I had the basics down and he was trying to teach me a trick. A car pulled up and Raab got out holding a pizza box.
Bam and I both started laughing.
'What the fuck are you doing?' Bam asked.
'Working.' Raab smiled.
'Since when?' I asked.
'Today.' He said.
'Oh my God!' Bam said still laughing.
'Look, what I learned.' I got on the board and showed Raab how I could now ride without falling.
'Sweet.' He said as Ape came down with her wallet.
'Raab! I didn't know you worked as the pizza boy!' She said coming over.
'I do.' He said. He handed her the pizza and she handed him the money and a tip.
'Thanks Ape.' He said putting it away.
'You should get a job Bam.' She said.
'I have a job. I'm a skater.' He said as she went in the house.
'Yo, Bam Bam. What are you doin' tonight?' Raab asked in a whisper.
'Nothing why?' Bam asked.
'Well, I'm keeping a list of everyone that doesn't tip me. I want to go beat their mailboxes down.' He said laughing.
'I'm in.' Bam said laughing. 'Dic, can drive us.'
'You're not serious...' I said looking between the two of them.
'We are. And you're coming.' Bam smirked.
'I'll call you when I get out!' Raab said as he ran back over to the car.
'Alright.' Bam called back.
'All you have to do is sit here and film. You have it made Ri.' Bam said pointing the camera in my face.
'Are you going to document every moment of your life?' I asked as he passed me the camera.
'Yup!' He said as he smiled into the camera lense and slipped his black beanie on.
'We're here.' Dico whispered as he put a ski mask on. 'Uh huh!'
The three of them climbed out and left the doors open and the lights off.
'We'll be back.' Bam whispered. I watched as they ran off towards the house. Bam raised the baseball bat and held it above his head while Dico threw toliet paper into the tree out front and Raab threw eggs on the house and cars.
'Okay, Bam.' Raab said as he threw the now empty carton to the ground.
Bam brought the bat down hard leaving a large dent in it. He wacked it a few more times when the lights came on and the three of them ran towards the car laughing.
'What's going on out there?' A woman asked from the door.
They piled in and Dico drove off to the next house. After hitting three more houses we decided to call it a night.
'Did you have fun tonight?' Bam asked.
'Kinda...I'm just glad we didn't get caught.' I said making him laugh.