Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

The next morning I got up at five and got dressed before walking down to Bam's house. I was surprised to find not only the Margera's but Deron, Raab, Dico, and Dunn.
'Ri Ri!' Deron screamed as I walked over. 'We didn't think you were coming.'
'Why wouldn't I?' I asked.
'Because Bam said you guys got in a fight last night.' Jess said walking over to us.
Bam came outside with a backpack slung over his shoulders and a skateboard in hand. He was visibly half asleep and his hair was still sticking up even though it was still wet from a shower.
'Why in sane hell would anyone get up this early?' He asked coming down the stairs.
He threw his bag into the back of the van and then turned to face us. He came down the line giving each of us a hug goodbye. Finally he reached me.
'Bye...' I whispered. He grabbed me and pulled me in against his body. Neither of us said anything we just hugged.
'Should we take a break?' He asked. 'I don't want this to be hard...'
'A break?' I asked looking at him.
'Yeah...' He muttered.
I stood starring at him, hardly believeing he had just said that. I had to spend five weeks away from him and then take a break? But then I thought of the possibility of Drea's and it was sounding more and more welcoming.
'Fine.' I shrugged. 'If you're done. Then so am I. Have fun in California. I hope you find some slut that can fuck your brains out.'
I turned and walked down the street surprisingly not sheding a tear. I walked in the door and into the kitchen where my mother was making coffee.
'Oh, Rian! You scared me. I thought you were in bed.' She said. 'Where were you?'
'Saying goodbye to Bam, forever.' I mumbled.
'What do you mean? Are the Margera's moving?' She asked.
'No. I'm sick of putting up with his shit so I just ended our non existing relationship.' I said sitting at the table.
'I'm sorry Rian. Is there anything I can do?'
'Let me go to Drea's for a month.' I said turning to watch her reaction. 'Julie and Ron said they woud love to have me.'
'Well, if they said that then I will get you a ticket up there.' She smiled.
'Thanks Mom!' I said jumping up to call Drea.
After packing and getting a ticket for today, I walked down to say goodbye to the guys who were, sure enough, all packed into Jess and Bam's basement.
'Guys!' I said coming down the stairs. 'I'm leaving.'
'What?' They all said at once turning to look at me.
'What the fuck are you talking about Rian?' Jess said coming to stand in front of me.
'I'm going away.' I said.
'To fucking where?' Deron asked.
'New Hampshire.' I said.
'How long?' Jess asked.
'I'm planning a month but I'm gonna try for the rest of the summer.' I said.
'Why are you doing this?' Deron asked.
'Because. I promised my best friend I would see her this summer and that's what I'm gonna do.' I explained.
'No. You're doing this 'cause Bam's gone. If he was here you'd stay.' Jess said.
'Jess. This has nothing to do with your brother. Just stay out of it okay? I'll see you guys later.' I turned and left the house.
'I'm gonna fucking kill Bam if he hurts her again.' I heard Deron say as I shut the basement door.
So around four I got on my plane and two hours later I arrived at Manchester airport in New Hampshire.
'Drea!' I screamed running towards her.
The next month Drea and I went to the beach, hung out with friends, went downtown, and all the other things we used to do before I moved. I completely forgot about Bam and all the others. Until he called.
'Uh, Ri.' Drea said one morning. 'Someone's on the phone for you.'
'Who is it?' I asked.
'Brandon.' She shrugged.
'Fuck.' I muttered taking it from her and putting it on speaker. 'Hello?'
'Rian! It's nice to finally fucking talk to you.' Bam voice came through the speaker.
'How the fuck did you get this number?' I asked.
'You're little buddies Deron and Jess gave it to me last night.' Bam said.
'What do you want Bam?'
'Bam?!' Drea mouthed looking at me.
'I want to apologize. I'm an ass. Look when are you coming home?'
'I don't know.'
'Well, when you do I want to take you out for dinner. I'll be home in like four weeks.' He said.
'Okay...' I said. 'Well, I have to go 'cause Drea and I are going out tonight.'
'Wait!' Bam said. 'Out where?'
'To a party.'
'Are there guys there?'
'Yeah...'
'Are you gonna drink?'
'What do you care? We're on a break.' I said. 'Bye Bam.'
I hung up the phone and dialed Bam's house.
'Hello?' Dunn answered.
'Ryan, is Jess there?'
'Yup.' Dunn said.
'Can I talk to him?'
'Yup.' Dunn said. I heard him open a door and the phone was obviously thrown at Jess.
'Ow! What the fuck.'
'Ri's on the phone. She sounds pissed.' Dunn said.
'Hello?' Jess asked.
'Why the fuck would you give him the fucking number here?' I screamed into the phone.
'I'm sorry, Ri. I felt bad, he is my brother.' Jess said.
I sighed.
'Look, I knew you'd be mad but I hate seeing you and him fight.'
'It's fine. Just make sure he doesn't call again.'
'Okay. Well I got band practice.' Jess said.
'Okay, have fun. Tell everyone I said hi.'
'I will. Bye.'
'Bye.'
Drea and I got ready and headed out to Walker Todesco's (a.k.a. Tippy) party. We arrived and went inside the house. Tippy handed each of us a beer.
'Ri! Dre!' A voice screamed from across the room. It was none other then Alex Gibson. He was the only gay guy in the school and I used to be extremely close with him. He had another of my old friends Ashley with him, each with a shot glass in hand.
'Hey!' I said walking over and hugging both of them. 'How are you?'
'Good!' Alex screamed over the music.
'Hobbit!' I heard a familiar voice scream.
'Jake!' I said turning to find the boy I had crushed on for two years.
'Give me a hug!' He said as I wrapped my arms around him. I could smell the familiar scent of his colonge mixed with cigarettes and beer.
Jake some how was able to pull me away from my friends for the rest of the party. We sat and talked and I was glad to see he was finally single. Then he kissed me. I wasn't sure if it was because we had been drinking but it soon became a five minute make-out session. As I kissed the boy of my dreams the one person I could think about was Bam.
Why am I thinking about that jackass when I'm kissing Jake!?
That was just it. Bam was the guy for me. Sure we fought all the time and I was pissed we had sex and he wanted a break a few days later when we weren't even together yet, but he was Bam. What else was expected of him. Deron and Jess were right. He is horrible with feelings and girls. And that was the reason I was head over heels in love with him. No other guy would ever be able to make me cry my eyes out and then make me laugh two seconds later.
'Jake.' I said pushing him away. 'I can't do this.'
I got up and ran to find Drea.
'We need to leave. Now.' I said grabbing her hand and puling her out the door. I told her what I was thinking the whole way back to her house.
'Drea, I need to go home. Soon.' I said.
'Well,' She said looking at the calender. 'How about a week here and then I'll go back with you for the first two weeks of August. That way, you won't be alone while he's still in California.' She said making me smile.
One week later Drea and I said goodbye to her family and boarded a plane to Philly. My mom and Cassie picked us up from the airport and took us to the house.
'That's Bam's house.' I said pointing to the small blue ranch as we drove by. I noticed the small black quarter pipe in the driveway with a board next to it. 'That's odd. The ramp's out but Bam's not home for two more weeks.'
'I don't know.' Drea said shrugging.
We arrived at the house and ran up to my room.
'Let's unpack later.' I said to Drea.
'We should go get ice cream or something.' She said as we went down the stairs.
'Fine by me.' I said opening the door as she stepped out. 'Bye Mom!'
We walked off down the street.
'Hey, do you mind if we stop at Bam's?' I asked.
'No. I want to meet your friends.' She said as we ran across the street.
We ran up the steps and through the door.
'Yo!' Vito yelled from the couch. 'Ape youz gots kids runnin inz and outta yo house!'
'Rian!' April said coming out from the kitchen. 'How was New Hampshire? Who's this?'
'This is Drea. She came back with me for a few weeks.' I said. 'This is April or just Ape.'
'Hi nice to meet you.' Drea said.
'What are you girls doing?' Ape asked turning back to her cooking.
'Goin' into town. I wanted to stop in and say hi to Jess.' I said.
'Well, you're in luck.' April said. 'Deron and Jess just pulled in the driveway.'
'If you had just walked away when I told you too.' I could hear Jess saying as they walked in the door.
'Look, it's not my fault he's smoking again. You really taking him to FDR tomorrow?' Deron said as they came into the room. 'Rian?'
'Ri Ri!' Jess screamed as they both ran towards me.
'Oh! Rian! We missed you!' Deron screamed kissing my head.
'Jesse, Deron, let her breath.' April said laughing slightly.
'I know! Get off!' I said pushing them away.
'We missed you.' Jess said.
'Who are you taking to FDR tomorrow that's smoking again?' April asked turning to Jess.
'Uh...' Jess said glancing at Deron.
'Tommy....Tommy Potter.' Deron said quickly. 'We ran into him and he needs a ride tomorrow.'
I looked to Jess. He looked at me and I knew it was really Bam who was smoking again and needed a ride to Philly.
'Well, ask your brother because I know he wanted to go to FDR at some point this week.' April said turning back to the stove.
'Bam's back?' I asked looking at Jess.
'Yeah.'
'I thought he was out in California for another two weeks...' I said.
'He came back early.' Jess shruged and headed towards the basement.
'To see you...' Deron smirked and followed.
'Shut up.' I said following them. 'I'm goin' downtown. I'll see you later.'
'Bye!' Jess said thundering down the stairs.
'Look out for Bam. He might want to make out with you.' Deron said following Jess. 'I hear he's horny!'
Rolling my eyes I said goodbye to April and then pulled Drea out and towards downtown. We got ice cream and for awhile I finally forgot about Bam. That is until I saw him and another boy fighting with a cop.
'We're not fucking leaving!' Bam said.
'Oh God...' I mumbled.
'I'm gonna have to call your parents.' The cop was saying.
'Go ahead and call them!' Bam screamed.
'What's your name?' The cop asked.
'Why do you want my name?' Bam asked flinging his board around as he spoke. The officer grabbed Bam's board out of his hand and started to walk to his car.
'Dude!' Bam said following him. 'Give me back my board. Give me back my fucking board.'
'Come on.' I said grabbing Drea and pulling her across the street. 'Bam!'
'Ri!' He said looking up.
'What's going on?' I asked coming up to stand between Bam and the cop.
'Who are you?' The cop asked.
'Don't fucking talk to her.' Bam said. 'Ri, go to my house I'll meet you there.'
'No.' I said. 'What's going on Officer?'
'These two were skateboarding in an illegal area.' He said.
'Is there anyway you can just let them go?' I asked.
'I think you need to mind your own business.' The cop said.
'That's my fucking girlfriend, Man, so it is her business.' Bam said.
The cop walked a few steps away to speak into his two way.
'Ri, when I grab my board, run, okay?' Bam whispered. 'I'll meet you at Fairman's.'
'Okay.' I whispered back.
The cop walked back towards us.
'Now, I'm gonna need some cooperation.' He said.
'Well,' Bam said winking at me. 'I don't fucking think so...Now!'
Bam grabbed his board from the cop and threw it to the ground before hopping on and skating down the street.
I turned and ran followed by Drea she followed me.
'Hey!' The cop yelled not knowing which way to turn.
I ran up a side alley and down another street closely followed by Drea. We came out on Gay street and ran a few blocks down to Fairman's Skateshop.
'Oh my God!' I said opening the door.
'You were right...' Drea said breathing heavily. 'He is cute...'
I giggled as Bam and his friend came in a minute later.
'Hey.' He said coming up to me. He grabbed my body and pulled it against his. 'Rian... I am so sorry. I am such a fucking idiot.'
'I know.' I laughed.
'You were all I thought about the whole time I was in California. I left early 'cause I thought you were going to be here. And then Jess said you weren't back yet.' Bam was rambling into my hair. 'I just felt like such a fucking jackass. I'm so fucking sorry. I'll do anything to--'
'Bam,' I said pulling away from him slightly. 'Shut the fuck up.'
He looked hurt and confused before I brought my lips to his and kissed him hard. He kissed back
parting my lips with his tongue.
'So, does this mean...' Bam said kissing me again. 'You don't hate me?'
'I think so...' I smirked kissing him again.
'Alright! Alright!' Bam's friend said making us look up. 'That's gross.'
'Shut up Novak!' Bam said.
'This is Novak?'
'Yeah.' Bam said laughing slightly. 'What were you expecting?'
'Something a little cleaner.' I said wrinkling my nose.
'Watch your mouth, Sweetheart.' Novak said making Bam and Drea laugh harder.
Two weeks later Jess, Bam and I drove Drea to Philly to catch her plane.
'I'm gonna miss you.' I said hugging her tightly.
'I'm gonna miss you too.' She said.
'Me too!' Jess said hugging both of us.
'Jess!' I said laughing.
'Bye Drea.' I said as she grabbed her stuff.
'Bye Ri.'
We watched as she boarded her plane. I sighed as Bam wrapped his arms around me.
'I hate that she lives so far away.' I mumbled into his chest.
'I know, babe, I know.' He said kissing the top of my head.
'Come on Love birds.' Jess said turning towards the car. 'Let's not hump in the airport.'
'Shut the fuck up.' Bam said grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the airport.
About two days later, Raab got wind of some party at Johnny Sanbourne's house. Bam really wanted to go, so I said I would. The party started at eight but I couldn't leave 'till ten because my mom and Scott were on a date. I told Bam and Jess to just leave and I'd meet them over there. What a mistake that was.
By the time I had got there two hours later, Bam was shitfaced. Raab informed me he had been taking shots of Jack Daniels.
'Great.' I sighed rolling my eyes. Twenty minutes later I was two beers and a shot of vodka in and fighting with Bam.
'No, you drank too much.' I said pushing him off me.
'What the fuck are you talking about?' He slurred looking at me.
'Bam, you're wasted.' I said. 'I thought we were going to hang out and drink together.'
'No, I'm not baby.' He said wrapping his arm around my shoulders. 'And who are you to tell me I dranks too much?'
'Your girlfriend.' I said looking at him and pushing his arm off me. 'I'm just gonna have Jess give me a ride home.'
'Don't you mean a ride on his dick?' He asked as I stood up.
'What?' I screamed whipping around to face him. He just sat there starring at me. 'Fuck you, Bam. Call me when you're fucking sober.'
I turned on my heel and ran to find Jess.
'Have you seen Jess?' I asked pulling Raab and Rose off each other.
'He's outside.' Raab muttered before Rose claimed his lips again.
'Ew.' I muttered before turning and heading outside. Jess's car was no where in sight, but I did see Chad standing by a small green car.
'Chad.' I said walking over. 'Where's Jess?'
'Right here.' Jess said walking over from behind the house, closely followed by Deron.
'What's up?' Deron asked.
'Your brother's a dick.' I sighed crossing my hands in front of my chest. 'Can you give me a ride home?'
'Of course we can.' Deron smirked pushing me into the back of the green car, while Jess and Chad got in the front.
'Who's car is this?' I asked.
'Mine.' Chad said backing out or the driveway. 'For once I'm the leader, instead of Jess.'
'You don't have a car.' I said.
'He stole it.' Jess said.
'What!' I cried.
'Relax.' Chad said while Jess and Deron laughed. 'It's my cousin's.'
'He just let you have his car?' I asked.
'No...' Chad said. 'He's on probation.'
'You just drove by my road.' I said pointing behind me.
'You don't have to be home 'till 12:30.' Deron said.
'Yeah.' Jess agreed. 'Don't let Bam ruin your night.
'Fine.' I sighed.
We drove around West Chester well into the morning. I, of course, had called my mother from Wawa and told her I was staying at the Margera's.
Around 2:30 I notcied a car had been following us for quite sometime. I ignored it and just headbanged with the guys to Slayer. That is until I saw blue lights.
'Uh, Chad?' I said.
'Yeah?' He asked.
'Are you positive your cousin said you could take the car?'
'No, why?' He asked.
'Cause we're about to be pulled over.' Deron finished for me.
'Fuck.' Chad said pulling the car over.
'Nice goin', Leader.' Deron said patting Chad on the back.
'Shut up!' Chad said as the cop came over to the window. 'Good evening, Officer.'
'Do you have any idea why I pulled you over?' The large man asked.
'Uh, no?' Chad said.
'You were speeding and this car isn't supposed to be on the road.' The cop said smacking his gum.
'It's not?' Chad asked stupidly.
'License and registration, please.' The cop said holding out his palm...
'Chad,' Deron said as the cell door was shut behind us. 'You officialy suck.'
'Hey, I gave us an adventure.' Chad defended himslef. 'What'd Jess ever give us?'
'Jess never got us in prison.' I said.
'I vote Jess leader.' Deron said raising his hand.
'I second that.' I said raising mine as well.
'Fine.' Chad said sitting on the floor with his back to the wall.
'Okay Jess,' I sighed. 'What's the plan?'
'I say we call your mom, Rian.' Chad.
'And I think you need to shutup 'cause look where your last brilliant idea got us.' I said gesturing around the room. 'I say we call Ape and Phil.'
'No!' Jess said. 'Ape said she'd never let me out of the house if she had to get me from jail.'
'Oh, suck it up.' I said.
'You suck it up.' Jess said back.
'Bam, could do it...' Deron muttered.
'What?' Jess and I asked at the same time.
'I said, Bam could do it.' Deron shrugged.
'NO!'
'Yes!'
'Are you crazy?' I asked. 'He's gonna kill me.'
'Rian, face the facts.' Deron said. 'Loverboy is our one way ticket out of here without getting in trouble.'
'Come on, Ri...' Jess said.
'Okay, you can make one phone call for all four of you.' The cop said coming back. 'So, who are you calling?'
'My brother.' Jess said.
'Okay.' The cop said opening the door. Jess pushed me foreward and the cop slammed the door behind me.
'Wait!' I said making the cop stop pushing me along. 'What am I saying?'
'How much is bail?' Jess asked the cop.
'Well, since you're minor's and the crime wasn't too big, $500.'
'Perfect.' Jess said. 'Tell him I have $500 saved up in my room. He knows where I keep my money 'cause he steals it. And tell him to get Brand to drive him over. Don't tell Ape or Phil. Just tell him to get his ass here and I'll owe him big. And tell him if he doesn't get us out I'll tell Ape it was really him who broke the bay window with the baseball bat and not Der.'
'That's why I wasn't allowed over for six months?' Deron asked as the cop ushered me away.
The cop brought me to a small booth with a phone in it.
'One call.' He said shutting the door.
I sat on the stool and dialed the number to the Margera's.
'Hello?' I heard Bam ask half asleep.
'Hi, Bam...' I said.
'Ri? Where the fuck are you?' He asked. 'Why aren't you here with me? And why are you calling at three in the morning?'
'Bam, it's a really long story and I promise you I will make it up to you anyway you want. You need to get Jess' money from his room and call Dico to drive you to the Chester County Prision.' I said.
'Wait.' Bam said. 'You're in fucking jail?'
'Yeah...'
'What the fuck? How the fuck did you wind up there?'
'It's a long story and I'll tell you once you come get me.' I said. 'Babe, I'm scared. And Deron won't stop farting.'
'Who's fault is this?' He asked.
'Chad's. He took a car.' I said.
Bam sighed heavily. 'Okay. I'm coming down.'
'Jess said if you don't he'll tell Ape it was you who broke the bay window.' I said.
'Rian, I'm coming.' He said. 'I'll see you in a little bit. How much do I need to get?'
'Five hundred.'
'Jess owes me. Actually, all of you owe me.' Bam said.
'I know.'
'I'll be down in at least an hour. I love you.'
'I love you too.' I said.
Bam hung up and so did I. The cop brought me back to the small cell and locked me back up.
'He'll be here in an hour.' I said sighing and taking a seat on the floor.
A little over an hour later we heard foot steps coming towards us. Jess and Deron jumped up and ran towards the door.
'Oh thank God you're here!' Deron said.
'Shut the fuck up, Der.' I heard Bam say which made me jump up and run towards them.
'Bam!' I said once the door had been opened and I flung myself into his arms.
'Babe, relax.' He said. 'And I'm sorry for being a dick earlier.'
'It's okay. Just remind me never to decide the cKy idoits are a good way to get home.' I said.
'Hey!' Chad said as we walked out to Bran's car.
Bam climed in the back and I got on his lap. Deron and Jess climbed in after us. Chad got in the front with Bran and he dropped us all off at the Margera's. We snuck in and went to bed.