Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

Epilouge:

Three Months Later:

'Assonance - repeating vowel sounds with in a word.' Mr. Harbrook said writing it out on the board for us to copy.

I glanced at Bam. He was passed out at the desk to my right. His mouth was open slightly and he was drooling all over his notebook. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. It looked as though I was going to have to give him my notes later to copy.

'Onomatopeia is a word that represents a sound.' Mr. Harbrook said.

'I don't get it.' A girl named Beth yelled out.

'Like,' Mr. Harbrook sighed. 'Pow! Kaboom! Boom! Bam!'

'Yes sir!' Bam yelled sitting up violently. The class began to laugh as Mr. Harbrook roleld his eyes.

'Not you Mr. Margera. Onomatopeia.'

'Auto-matic pizza?' Bam asked still half asleep and looking over at me as the bell rang.

I shook my head and smiled as he stood up and followed me out of the room.

'Did you study for the test in health?' I asked looking over at him.

'What test?' He asked.

'Bam! The test, on the reproductive system.'

'Ri.' He said shaking his head at me like I'm the one failing. 'We took that two nights ago.'

'You're a pig.' I said as we neared Raab's locker.

'Oh so you're in to beastiality now?' Raab asked.

'Oh my God, ew.' I said.

Bam and Raab looked at each other and laughed.

'We're gonna be late. Let's go.'

'I'll pick you up after school.' Bam said making me walk back to them.

'You're skipping?' I asked.

'Yeah, I didn't study. Besides, Maldonado and Kerry are heading to Love Park and then maybe to FDR.'

'You're just going to have to take the test tomorrow.' I said not seeing the logic in skipping.

'No I won't.' Bam said kissing me. 'See you later!'

I rolled my eyes at his retreating back and made my way to the test.

The next day I was sitting in class not knowing where Bam and Raab could possibly be this time when they strolled in and sat down next to me.

Our teacher took the attendance and then looked at the list of absences from the day before.

'Margera, Raab, and Chang.' He called. 'You need to take the test, so I'm putting you in the next room.'

The small foreign exchange student stood up and made her way to the door.

'Told you...' I said.

'Shut up, give me some answers.' Bam said as he faked looking for a pencil.

'No.'

'Yes.'

'No.'

'Yes.'

'Bam, let's go.' The teacher called.

'The first four are, A A B D.' I said rolling my eyes,

'A A B D.' Bam mumbled to himself. 'Got it.'

Fifteen minutes left in class the teacher went to collect their papers and never returned. When the bell rang, I saw Raab being carted off to the principle's office.

'What happend?' I asked as he just laughed and kept walking.

'Oh my fucking God!' Bam said appearing you next to me. 'You gotta see this.'

He grabbed my arm and faught our way through the crowd of gagging kids. We came to a set of lockers that had shit smeared on them.

'No!' I said turning to Bam. 'He shit on a locker?'

'I dared him.' Bam said.

'Bam!' I said. 'He's gonna get expelled!"

'Nah, he won't.'

Two weeks later, Chris Raab was expelled from East High School.

Not long after that, Bam infromed me he was dropping out.

'What do you mean?' I asked.

'I'm dropping out.' He said.

'You can't.'

'Yeah I can.' He said. 'Raab's gone. And I feel like I'm wasting my time. I should be skating.'

'Bam, you can't not have a high school education.'

'Sure, I can.' He said.

'That's the stupidest fucking thing!' I said.

'So you're not supporting me?' He asked.

'No.' I said.

'Fine.' He said.

I moved back into my moms that night and didn't speak to any of them, not even Rose.

Six months later, April called me frantic.

'Rian! Bam was in an accident.'

'What?' I asked.

'I'm coming to get you.'

Her car pulled into my driveway a moment later and we rushed to the hospital.

She explained to me that Dunn had been driving and the car had flipped eight times into on coming traffic. She didn't know how the boys were yet.

A nurse led us to their room. I ran straight to Bam and threw myself on him.

'Ri?' He questioned laughing slightly.

'I thought you were dead.' I whispered.

'Wow, so it only takes six months and me flipping in a car eight times to get you to talk to me?' He asked.

I laughed and kissed him hard on the lips, glad he and the other were okay, except for Jess's concussion.

Bam and I began to date again. But it was short lived when another of our fights broke out and we split up.

Two months after that I began to get really worried. I was really late for my period which should have come two weeks before he had even broken up with me. I called Jess and told him to come and get me.

'What's up?' He asked when I climbed in his car not five minutes later, crying.

'I think I'm pregnant.' I mumbled.

'What?' He asked.

I nodded.

'Okay, Ri. Relax. I'm here for you. Let's go get one of those sticks you pee on.' Jess backed out of my driveway and drove to the nearest pharmacy. We went in and grabbed a box of at home tests and he paid for them.

'Come on.' He said. 'We'll go to my house. No one's home.'

He drove back to the Margera's and I let go of the breath I had been holding since we had pulled onto Marble Drive.

'Get out while pee.' I said pushing him out the door. I awkwardly held the thing under me and peed on it.

I opened the door a moment later to find Jess pacing.

'What's it say?' He asked.

'It's not ready yet.' I said. 'God, you would think you're the father.'

'I am the uncle.' He said. I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom sitting on the closed toliet seat.

'I am the uncle, right?'

'Of course you're the fucking uncle.' I said rolling my eyes.

'So it's Bam's?'

'No, it's your other brother's.'

'What brother?'

'Nevermind!' I snapped standing up to look at it. I read the directions. Two pink lines meant yes. One meant no.

I grabbed the stick praying for a single pink line. To my horror, there were two.

Jess made me a doctor's appointment so we could double check. He drove me there and sat with me. I was two months along. And he weighed out all my options with me in the car. I made him promise not to tell a soul until I had everything figured out. He agreed, feeling it would be best that I broke my own news with everyone.

After about a month of Jess begging me to tell people, Ape asking if I was feeling okay, and crying myself to sleep, I decided it was time to tell Bam.

Since the break up he had spent every waking moment down at FDR. I hitched a ride with Kerry Getz and Hoofbite one night, and we were on our way. Jess had told me all about Bam hooking up with some newly divorced slut named Jenn. Supposedly she was 21 and a huge slut. She even had a daughter. I was shocked that Bam would be interested in such a girl, but I guess they had known each other since he was 9 and she 15. I personally found it disgusting.

FDR ar night was so differenet it was almost scary. It was dark, save for the lights lighting the bowls and ramps and the occasional cigarette tip. It was loud, the sounds of cheers and skateboard tires on cement filled the air.

I took a deep breath and marched over to Bam's favorite drop in spot. I looked to my right and watched him ollie to fakie. To my left the crowd applauded and I heard Jenn's shrill yell. Getting angry I jumped down into the bowl ignoring the comments of:

'Hey!'

'What the fuck you think you doin'?'

'Crazy bitch!'

I saw Bam approaching the rail that I happened to be standing near. He went to lipslide it, saw me, lost his balance and fell.

'Look what you did!' Jenn yelled as Bam stood up and dusted himself off.

'Why don't you go home and take care of your daughter instead of fucking a bunch of sixteen year olds!' I screamed in her direction.

She only gave me a dirty look as she sat back down.

Bam smiled at the fact I had just shut her up and then turned to me. 'What are you doing here?'

'I need to talk to you.'

He grabbed my upper arm and pulled me away from the park and towards the parking lot.

'Look, you shouldn't be here.' He said coldly. 'It's dangerous at night.'

'Look, don't worry about me.' I said. 'Besides, you broke up with me.'

He looked hurt and dropped his hand from my arm.

'Bam,' I said shaking my head. 'I didn't come here to fight.'

'What did you come here for then?' He asked, now angry with me. 'To rub the fact I broke up with you in my face?'

'What?' I asked. He turned and walked away.

'Fine! Go back to your slut! I hope you paid her good!'

Tears pricked my eyes and even though his back was turned to me, he had heard it in my voice. He turned and walked back towards me.

'I'm so sick of this shit Bam!' I screamed in his face.

'What shit?' He asked just as loud.

'You!' I said. 'While you're here skating and fooling around with Jenn, I'm at home by myself puking my fucking brains out because I'm pregnant with your fucking kid!'

The tears spilled over before I had a chance to stop them. I turned away from him and began to walk towards Kerry's car.

'Ri!' He said grabbing me and spinning me around. 'What are you talking about?'

'I'm pregnant, Bam.' I said. He wipped the tears away from my eyes. He pulled me into his body and I hugged him tightly. 'I'm so scared. I'm not ready for a baby. But, I don't want to give it up.'

'Shhh...' He said rocking me a bit. He began rubbing my hair. 'Shhh.... It's okay Ri. Shhh...'

I cried into his chest until I was out of tears.

'Don't worry. Okay?' He asked pulling back and looking at me. 'I'm going to be there for you. No matter what you decide, or what happens.'

'I can't tell my mom.' I said.

'Ape and Phil'll help. They're gonna be pissed, but they love you.' He said.

Bam and I kept our little secret until I had decided I would keep the baby and we would work something out.

'Mom, Dad?' Bam asked pulling me into their living room. 'Can we talk to you?'

Ape looked at Phil with raised eyebrows. I knew they were both thinking the same thing, this isn't good, he just callled us mom and dad.

'What'd you break?' April asked almost instantly.

'Well, if you really want to know...' Bam said with a smirk on his face. I hit him on the chest. 'Ow.'

'What's wrong?' Phil asked putting the paper down.

'Promise you won't yell?' Bam asked.

'Yes, Bam.' April said rolling her eyes.

'And that you'll love Rian and I no matter what?' Bam asked.

My stomach started to go into knots. He was really beating around the bush,

'Bam...' April said trying to get it out of him.

'Okay,' Bam sighed and glanced at me. I kept my eyes to the floor silently telling him to get on with it. 'Rian's pregnant.'

He said it in a whisper. I was standing next to him and I didn't even think I heard him. But Ape and Phil must have. They hadn't said a word in five minutes.

'Are you serious?' April asked.

We both nodded. Bam was nowing looking to the ground as well. Every bad though imaginable ran through my mind.

'Brandon Cole! What were you thinking!?' April blew up. I cringed. 'You weren't thinking, as usual! This isn't a problem we can just run out and fix!'

'Ape.' Phil said trying to relax her. I couldn't take it anymore. The tears began to fall. Bam noticed and pulled me into his chest.

April noticed I was crying and began trying to relax herself. 'I'm sorry.'

'Rian, honey.' She said coming over to me. 'You know that Phil and I are going to do whatever we can to make this easy.'

'April, I don't want to pin this on you. It's our fault. Not yours. I'm gonna drop out. And take care of the baby.'

'At least you're taking responsibility.' She said hugging me and Bam.

'Mom, I'm so sorry.' Bam said.

I began living at the Margera's again. And things seemed to be going somewhat fine. April, Phil, Bam, and I had sat down and devised what we called the baby plan on where we were going to get money and how we were going to take care of the baby. Bam and I were actually getting used to the idea of being parents.

I woke up in the middle of the night with cramps.

'Bam.' I said shaking him.

'Mmm?' He asked.

'Wake up. I don't feel good.'

'What!?' He asked sitting up and looking at me. 'What's wrong?'

'I feel like I just got my period.' I said pressing on my stomach to get rid of the pains.

'I'll go get Ape.' Bam said hopping out of bed. He and April came back a minute later.

'Go in the bathroom and make sure you're not bleeding.' April said. I got up and made my way in. There was a spot of blood in my panties. Tears burst from my eyes. I knew I had lost the baby. I put on a pad and opened the door falling into Bam's arms.

'She lost it.' I heard April whisper to Bam.

The next day we went to the doctor's to make sure. It was true, I had lost the baby.

Bam and I dated until my senior year when I found out he had cheated on me with none other than Jenn. I flipped the fuck out on him and never talked to him agian.

The summer before college, Jess and Raab flew into my room and started packing a bag together for me.

'What the fuck are you doing?' I screamed.

'No time to chit chat!' Jess screamed throwing me over his shoulder.

'Jesse!' I screamed as they ran outside and threw me into the back of his car. I realized I wasn't on a seat rather peoples laps. I sat up and came face to face with Bam.

I screamed.

'Calm the fuck down.' Jess said as he sped down the high way.

'Jess, where the fuck are we going? And why the fuck is he with us?'

'Don't worry about it.' Raab said.

I found out we were going to Iceland when the plane landed there.

The trip was horrible at first. But Bam apologized and I fell for it.

'Come on Ri, one last time?' He asked.

We hooked up the second night there and spent two weeks making out all over Iceland.

But, as soon as we got back, he was hooking up with Jenn again. So, I said goodbye to all of them. I went to college and talk to Jess every once in awhile. I keep up with all their current affairs and gossip, but West Chester is in the past. It was where I had had my first real boyfriend and my first real heartbreak. Sometimes when I'm laying in bed late at night, I think about Bam. I still have feelings for him way down deep. But, I've learned he's never going to change. I gave him more than one last time.

Bam Margera and I were never meant to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Check journal for news about sequel