Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

'Hi.' Bam said.
'What are you doing?' I asked him.
'Me?' Drea asked.
'No. Hang on.' I said into the phone before turning back to Bam.
'Coming to get you. Like I said I was.'
'Bam.' I said sighing.
'So come on.' He said grabbing my wrist.
'Wait.' I said. 'Mom!'
'What?' She asked coming around the corner. 'Can I go to Bam's?'
'Yeah. Sure.' She said. 'Hi, Bam.'
'Hi, Mrs. Lightman.' He said.
'Have fun.' She said to me.
'I have to go Drea. Bam's here.' I hung up and threw the phone into the house and shut the door behind me.
'So...' I said walking with Bam.
'So you've told you're friend about me?' He asked smirking.
'What?' I asked confused.
'And I qoute: 'I have to go Drea. Bam's here.' He said in a girly voice.
'Okay I don't sound like that. And the only reason she knows who you are is because I was on the phone with her yesterday when you came over.' I said.
'Oh.' He said sounding slightly disapointed.
'So,' I said breaking the silence. 'What's the name of this band?'
'CKY.' He answerd.
'Does it stand for something?'
'Yeah, Camp Kill Yourself.'
'Oh, that's pleasant.' I said. 'What kind of music do they play?'
'Rock.' He answered. 'I hope that's okay with you.'
'Yeah.' I said shrugging. 'Just as long as it's not country.'
He laughed and grabbed my hand pulling me across the street and into his driveway. The garage door was open and Jess and two other boys were arguing over something.
'Jess Jess, you ready yet?' Bam asked.
'Does it look it Bam?' He asked clearly aggrivated.
'Someone's PMSing.' Bam said making me giggle. 'Come on.'
He pulled me up a flight of stairs and I realized we had been holding hands the whole time.
We walked into the house and he screamed, 'Ape! We have visitors!'
'Tell me it's not Vito.' She said coming around a corner. 'Rian!'
'Hi April.' I said giving a slight wave.
'How are you? How's your mom?' She asked.
'Oh, Mom, don't give her twenty questions.' Bam said pushing me towards a hall.
'Where are we going' I asked slightly scared.
'On a grand tour.' He said grining. He pulled me to the end of the hallway there were three doors. Two of them covered in stickers. He opened the clean one and peeked his head in. 'Yo, Phil.'
'Bam what are you doing?' A man asked.
'Phil, meet Rian. Rian this is fat Phil.' Bam said pointing to the man behind a desk.
'Bam, is that anyway to introduce your father? April asked coming behind us and going into the room.
'Yes it is. Now come on.' He said grabbing my hand and pulling me into the next room. It was lime green and very messy.
'This is Jess's room. He's a pig.' Bam said shutting the door.
'And this is my room.' He said opening the next door. It was a dark blue color with skateboards on the walls. It was just as messy as Jess's room. We walked in and I took a seat on his unmade bed and looked around the room.
'You like?' He asked.
'It's a little dark.' I said.
He laughed.
'Bam Bam!'
'Yo Jess Jess!' He said out the window.
'We're ready!'
'Okay!' Bam said before turning back to me. 'Come on.'
He pulled me out to the garage again. Jess and his friends had pulled an old couch out and put it in the driveway.
'Okay Deron. Let's hear this new song.' Bam said sitting down. He pulled me down next to him. Dunn showed up on a bike and sat down next to me.
'Where'd you get that haggard ass bike?' Bam asked putting his arm behind me on the couch.
'My garage.' Dunn said as though it was obvious.
'You should skate.' Bam said.
'I told you I don't have the balance.' He said getting angry as though they've had this argument before.
A few more people showed up that I didn't know. I think they were more of Jess's friends then Bam's.
'Where's Raab?' Asked one kid sitting on the other side of Dunn.
'Detention.' Bam said not looking at him.
'What'd he do?'
'He tried to get it with me 'cause I have it tomorrow but the idiot forgot about the show today.' Bam said.
The boy laughed, 'Wow.'
'Who's this Bam?' Asked a kid with extremely shaggy hair who was pointing to me.
'This? This is Rian.' Bam said. 'Rian that's Rake Yohn and over there,' He said pointing to the kid who was sitting next to Dunn, 'That's Brandon DiCamillo. But we call him Brand or Dico.'
'Hi, nice to meet you.' I said to Rake.
'You too.' He said. He went over and sat on Dico's other side smooshing us all together on the couch. I was now snuggled up to Bam and his arm snaked around me pulling me closer. It was a little awkward but I figured, hey he's cute and wants to snuggle, why pull away? So I laid my head onto his shoulder just as the music began to play.
CKY played four songs and I realized they weren't bad. I had only been at Bam's for twenty minutes so he asked if I wanted to watch a movie. I agreed and we went down to the basement. The others had all gone home and Jess was now locked up in his room on the phone with his girlfiend. I let Bam choose and he picked The Lost Boys. It was okay with me because I used to have a huge crush on Corey Feldman. I didn't tell him that though. We snuggled back up on the couch much like outside, except now we were laying down. Bam took a blanket and wrapped it around us and I soon fell asleep.
I woke up to April calling down the stairs. The credits were rolling up. I sat up rubbing my eyes.
'How'd you sleep?' He asked.
'Good. You?'
'Very good.' He smirked. 'Can I walk you home?'
'Yeah.' I said.
We got up and went up stairs. 'I'm walking Rian home.' He said as I stepped outside.
'Bam, dinner is on the table.' April said.
'So.' Bam shrugged closing the door behind him. He grabbed a skateboard off the porch and off we went to my house.
'So I can obviously see you're a skater.' I said.
'Of course.' He said. 'I'm pro.'
'Shut up.' I said.
'No really. I went pro a year and a half ago.'
'Really?' I asked.
'Yeah.'
'That's cool. So, is that what you want to do for the rest of your life?'
'Yeah, I've wanted to since I was six.' He explained.
'Really?'
'Yeah.' He said. 'You ever been?'
'No.' I said laughing. 'I'd kill myself.'
'I'll have to teach you.'
I blushed as we walked up my porch.
'Did you have fun?' He asked.
'Yes. I had a lot of fun.' I said. 'Tell Jess I like his band.'
'Will do.' He said laughing. 'What are you doing tomorrow after school?'
'Detention, with you.' I said.
'Oh right.' He said. 'Well, goodnight.'
'Night.' I said turning to the door. He walked down the steps and I was about to shut the door when I heard him call me back.
'Ri?'
'Yeah?'
'Can we be friends?' He asked.
'I thought we were...' I said.
'Well, I just wanted to make it official.' He said looking down.
'Of course, Bam.'
'Okay. Night.' He said.
'Night.'
I stood at the door and watched him skate down the road with a feeling this was going to be so much more then friendship.