Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

School was much the same as the day before. I was already adjusting to my scheduele and hiding my friendship with Bam from Rose. I figured I'd hide it as long as humanly possible. After the last bell rang, Bam met me at my locker and dragged me off to detention with him. It was being held in room 250. We went in and no one else was in there except a fat kid who eyed me up and down when we entered.
'What the fuck are you looking at Corie?' Bam asked him.
'Her.' He said pointing to me.
'Keep your fucking eyes to yourself.' Bam said sitting at a desk. I sat next to him and as far from Corie as possible.
'Why? She yours?' Corie asked.
'Yeah. So if you knew what was good for your fat ass you'd look away.' Bam said.
'Thanks.' I whispered to him.
'You okay?' He whispered back.
I nodded.
'Good. Play along and pretend you're my girlfriend so he backs off, okay?' He whispered.
'Okay.'
Bam reached down and grabbed my hand and I had to bite my lip to pretend it was what he normally did.
An older man walked in the room.
'Hello Corie.' He said seeing the boy. 'And Bam! My favorite student! And who's this?'
'This is Rian. I got her a detention because Raab muffed up and served his yesterday.' Bam explained.
'I see. How are you Rian? I'm Mr. Barnes.' He said holding out his hand for me to shake.
'Good.' I said taking it.
'Yo Barnsey.' Bam said whispering. 'You think we can get out early?'
'You think I would hold you here?' He said laughing. 'Go, have a good day, and keep out of trouble.'
'Yeah right.' Bam said laughing. 'Come on Ri.'
We stood and said our goodbyes to Mr. Barnes. I felt Corie's eyes on my ass as I walked by. Bam apparently noticed too. He gave him a dirty look before covering my backside with his body.
'I'm sorry about Corie.' Bam said as we walked down the street.
'It's okay.' I said.
'So, it's friday.'
'Yes it is.'
'What do you want to do? Raab and I normally pick up girls and see a movie.' Bam explained.
'Well, don't let me stop you.' I said.
'I want you to come.'
'Why?'
'Cause I like you. And I want to hang out with you.' He said.
I could tell he was serious. So I agreed. An hour later I was walking into West Chester with Raab and Bam. Raab had picked up some girl down at the skatepark named Tasha. She was extremely dumb. We decided upon seeing Interview With a Vampire. Bam bought me a popcorn and a soda. Raab bought his date a water. I heard her say something about not wanting to ruin her figure. Looking at Bam and rolling my eyes we entered the theater. We chose our seats. I sat next to Bam on his left and Raab on his right. Next to Raab was Barbie or whatever her name was. The lights dimed and the previews came on.
'You know,' Bam whispered in my ear. 'If you get scared, you can hold my hand.'
'I'll keep that in mind.' I whispered back.
The movie started and Raab was already making out with his date. Bam kept sneaking glances at me out of the corner of his eye when he thought I wasn't looking. He put his arm behind me about fifteen mintues in. As the movie got scarier I grabbed his hand more for my own enjoyment then from fright. By the end I was burried into his chest with him laughing at me to sit up.
The lights came on and Raab and his date finally surfaced for air.
'Good movie.' Raab said looking at me and Bam.
We walked out into the cold night air that made me shiver.
'You cold?' Bam asked.
'A little.' I lied. I was really freezing.
'Here.' He said taking off his hoodie and handing it to me.
'Thanks.' I said putting it on with a smile.
Raab and his date soon came out and we bagan to walk. Bam took my hand in his and laced our fingers together while we walked and didn't let go till we got to my door.
'Thanks so much Bam.' I said.
'No, thank you.' He said.
'Do you want your hoodie?' I asked.
'No, I'll get it back later.' He said. 'Can we do something tomorrow?'
'Like what?' I asked.
'I don't know. Go to the skatepark or something.'
'Okay.' I said.
'Okay.' He said. 'Well I better go before those two hump in your bushes.'
I laughed saying, 'Okay.'
'Night.'
I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
'Night.' I whispered.
I went in the house and ran up the staris to call Drea.