Sequel: The Way I Loved You
Status: Finished.

One Last Time

Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

I've lived in West Chester 2 and a half months. Rose is my best friend. I don't know where I would be without her. Although she does annoy me a lot. She still doesn't know about my hanging out with Bam. Which is practically constant. He is always over, or I'm over there. With Christmas around the corner I just don't know what to get him. He's hard to shop for. I guess you could say I liked him but I knew nothing would ever happen between us, because we were buddies.
Rose invited me Christmas shopping at the King of Prussia mall. I went thinking it was the only way I was going to get him a present. I finally found the belt buckle he had been wanting. I bought it and lied saying it was for my brother back home. I got Raab some stupid prank kit. I figured he could use it in English to get detentions with Bam.
As more snow fell on West Chester, Bam complained more about how much he hated it. There was nothing to do really.
I gave Raab his present on the last day before break.
'Here.' I said handing it to him.
'Where's mine?' Bam asked.
'You'll get yours on Christmas.' I said.
'Well, that's not fiar. Why'd he get his before?'
'Because I won't see him until after Christmas. I see you everyday.' I said.
'Thanks Ri!' Raab said opening it and instantly trying the whoppi cushion on a fat kid.
I walked over to Bam's the next day to see if he wanted to go get some lunch. I found a box and a sled in his driveway. He was on the roof placing a ramp in front of a track the sled had made.
'Bam?' I asked making him look up.
'Yeah?'
'What are you doing?'
'Well, I had this idea...' He said.
I rolled my eyes as he came down to join me on the sidewalk.
'When do you not have ideas?' I asked.
'Hear me out.' He said.
I looked at him.
'Okay, So I'm gonna take that box and put it in that sled.' He said pointing. 'And then I'm gonna go off that ramp and into that snowbank.'
I let his plan sink in picturing it in my mind before turning to him, 'You're going to kill yourself.'
'No. You sound like, Ape.' He said shaking his head. 'Now come help me with this.'
He went over to the box and the sled and brought it over to the tree he used to climb onto the roof.
'Well climb up.' He said to me.
'Oh no.' I said. 'I'm not going up there. I'll hand you the box and the sled.'
'Rian,' He said. 'Who's going to hold the box on the ramp while I get in?'
I looked at him sighing before climbing the tree up to the roof.
'Here.' He said handing up the box and then the sled. Once he had climbed up he stood with his hands on his hips looking around.
'You know, when we're done with this, we should get Jess and Raab and play king of the mountain up here.'
'Don't you mean if you survive this?' I asked.
'Ha.ha,' He said. 'Now come here.'
He took the sled and placed it at the top of the ramp and placed the box on it.
'Can you hold it?' He asked.
Shaking my head I grabbed it while he climbed in.
'If this doesn't go right, I have something to tell you...' He said looking back at me.
'What?'
'I'll tell you after you push me.'
'No!'
'Then you'll never know becuase I won't come close to death.'
I pushed him as hard as I could and as he launched off the roof he screamed, 'I LOVE YOU!'
He hit the yard and shot out into the street. The box flipped over and he went tumbling out.
'Oh my God.' I mumbled. I jumped off the roof and ran over to him.
'Bam! Are you okay? Oh my God, I just killed my best friend! Wake up! Wake the fuck up! APR-!'
His hand came up and clamped over my mouth. I looked down and he was laughing.
'You asshole.' I said. 'I thought you died.'
He just laid there laughing until a truck came and I had to pull him out of the street.
'Are you mad at me?' He asked as I stomped off towards the back of his house to get my gloves.
'Yes!' I said.
'You know I meant what I said.' He said stopping me in my tracks. 'I really do love you.'
I turned to face him and his lips came crashing into mine. He pulled away and I stood there shocked.
'Rian?' He asked.
I grabbed his neck and pulled him in for another kiss.
'I love you, too.' I whispered as we pulled away. He leaned in for another and when he was a centimeter away...