Status: completed

California Love A7X

Dacning by myself

I was alone in the house. I was now not concerned with random strangers entering the house. I was warned about the Barrys. So I was prepared for them. Jenn and Brian went out. Jimmy is somewhere. Not in the house. Todd is here but he's always here. Today I was changing my hair. From green and black to just black. Music blared through the house. It echoed making it even louder. Usually I wouldn't do this but no one was home. Although I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Eighteen Visions was my choice at the moment. I danced around doing my stuff. Hair covered in black ooze. In the kitchen as I ate standing I danced. Todd chased me around as I did my thing. I sang loudly. He barked excited. My tush swung back and forth as I rinsed my hair. My eyes examined my work in the mirrior. Good. Duh. Color is my specialty. Love to do it.

Melly: what do ya think Todd!

I yelled cause the music was so loud. He barked. Out of excitment more than anything. I smiled proud of my work. I dryed my hair. Finally I decided it was time to get out of my pajamas. I kept shaking my tush around my room. Spining. Jumping. Twirling. Pivoting. Side stepping. Flipping my hair. Rolling my body. Shimmying. Whatever move came to mind I did. I was having fun. Everyone dances in their room at some point. As all good things do it came to an end. I spun to fast and lost my footing. I ment to land on the bed. I ended slipping off the edge and landing on the floor with a thud. I could barley hear my own laughter. Todd was running back and forth. Barking playfully. As I stood I buttoned my jeans.

Melly: shirt of the day is...drum roll please Todd.

I pulled out a white David Bowie shirt Jenn had given me. Well she forced me to pick out a shirt one day we went shopping and I picked this one. It was pretty tight actually. The music faded a bit as I went downstairs. My heart skipped a bit. I slowed my pace.

Melly: do you always come here?

Zacky: there you go sounding unwelcoming again.

His usual smooth tone. Almost sensual. I couldn't help but want to listen to him intently.

Melly: I'm not being unwelcoming. They aren't home Zacky.

Zacky: oh I know.

Melly: ok. None of them are, not even Jimmy. Its just me and Todd.

Zacky: so?

I stood awkwardly at the bottom stair.

Zacky: what were you doing up there? Gymnastics?

I shook my head. He smirked. Todd ran up to his feet. I shifted my weight.

Zacky: got plans?

Melly: no.

Zacky: let's go.

Melly: what?

Zacky: let's go somewhere.

Melly: me and you?

Zacky: yeah. Me and you.

He smiled and shook his head a bit.

Zacky: come on.

The smile remained. Without much thought I followed him. His car felt so small. I felt to close to him.

Zacky: we'll go downtown.

Melly: ok.

He smiled and turned the music on. It was a hum in the background. I watched his hands move around the steering wheel.

Zacky: Cali treating you good?

I nodded.

Zacky: found a salon yet?

Melly: no. I've got to call them.

Zacky: if you don't find one what are your plans?

Melly: bartender.

Zacky: I'll be sure to go bother you, if you do get a bar job.

We stayed quiet. He started singing along with Steven Tyler. Not loud though. He was subtle. I stared at him. His skin was to milky colored for its own good. Even with the tan he had. He was still very light complected. He had perfectly arched brows. Like he took the time to take care of them. His lips were pierced. But had no jewlry in. I could see the holes under his lower full lip. Clean shaven. Except for the patch between the metaless holes. I wanted to pull it. There was something that kept me looking at him. He parked and got out. I followed suit. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and gave me a look that indicated me to follow him. A few people stared at him. There eyes full with awe. We walked into a store. One I would never have pictured myself in. He stood infront of a sunglasses display.

Zacky: how do these look?

I shook my head.

Zacky: yeah I'm not digging these to much either.

I grabbed a pair.

Melly: try these. They look more your style yo.

He placed them on his face. A smile creeped its way.

Zacky: you got good taste babe.

Melly: err. Thanks.

Zacky: I'll get these. Do you want a pair?

I shook my head.

Melly: no I'm cool.

Zacky: do you got some on you?

Melly: yeah.

Zacky: oh then you are good. I forgot mine.

He paid a stupid amount for the glasses. Two hundred. I had a hard time paying even fifteen dollars for a pair. He put them on. We kept on walking down the sidewalk. Its easy to get lost looking at all the shit there is to see in a city you've never lived in before. Everything is so brand new.

Zacky: I could never think about living anywhere else.

Melly: I used to think that way to.

Zacky: well you haven't lived here.

Melly: you haven't lived in Seattle.

Zacky: why'd you move then?

Melly: family politics.

Zacky: ah I see. No more needs to be said.

Melly: yeah. But I could learn to love it here like I did Seattle. There's way more todo.

I looked up at a big building. Watching it stretch up far into the sky. When I looked at Zacky he was smiling at me. Quickly looking away I deciced to focus on something else. I could feel him frown. He was so intense. Not in the typical way. His being was hard for me to take in. I wished Johnny was here to keep from the awkward moments that kept reaquring. The silences of tension. Its not like we didn't get along. We just weren't used to each other I suppose. I bit my lip.

Zacky: why'd you take the green out of your hair?

Melly: wanted a more natural look. I might change it up later.

Zacky: looks good.

I smiled a thank you. The afternoon was full of silences. Uncomfurtable ones. On my side anyway. A few people asked Zacky for pictures and autographs. He would happily comply at the fans requests. That's what was going on right now. I just stood off to the side. My phone rang and I quickly answered it.

Melly: hel-

Brian: where are you?

He asked worridly.

Brian: are you ok?

Melly: I'm fine cus. I'm downtown with Zac-

Brian: you're with who?

Melly: if ya let me finish. I'm with Zacky.

Brian: oh no. Umm...

Melly: what?

I didn't understand why Zacky was such a no no.

Melly: cus? Brian? Are you there?

Brian: sorry. When will you be coming home?

Melly: I don't know. Do you want me home now? I'm sure Zacky would take me now if I needed to be there.

Brian: its alright. Take your time. I'll see you later.

Melly: you sure?

Brian: yeah its fine. You need to see California. Have fun.

He hung up. I frowned at my phone. Zacky was answering his phone as he waved to his fan. I looked into a store window we were by. It was full of designer names. Which I knew but never used. The shit was nice. A purse caught my eye. I looked at the sequinced mess. It was amazing. Totally awesome.

Zacky: Melly, we should get you home.

Melly: alright.

Zacky: did you enjoy downtown?

Melly: yeah I'm gonna have to come back with Johnny or Jenn or someone.

I felt a bit of relief as Brian's house came into view. I smiled. Jenn was glowering infront of the door. Watching Brian put the cross back on the door.

Brian: clever of you to hide it under the bed. You knew I would never look under there.

Jenn: I thought. Clearly I was wrong.

Melly: maybe he'll stop moping about now.

Jenn: HA! Yeah right Melly.

She said sarcatically. They both crossed their arms at the sight of Zacky.

Zacky: what?

Brian: Johnny is coming over.

Melly: really?

A smile uncontrolablly spread. I went into the house. I kicked off my shoes and ran upstairs. Todd was on my floor sleeping. A pile of junk mail on my bed as usual.

Melly: Todd, Johnny is coming over.

He peeked an eye open and closed it. Dog could careless. I ran back downstairs. Excited to see my new friend. My smile grew wider when I saw that hot mess of bleached hair at the door. I ran and hugged him catching him of gaurd. He took a few steps back to catch us back on balance. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed tightly.

Melly: ok ok you win Johnny.

I said with a laugh.

Johnny: I always win with girls baby.