Status: completed

California Love A7X

Hanging out with My Cus

Time goes fast in a slow way. Its going to be a month since I've gotten here. I've yet to find a place to hire me. For me that's not good. Many places have called me back. Saying I'm a good find. They just are full, but they'll refer me to someone else. Right now I'm searching for every possible salon to work at in the entire city. Again. I flicked my brown auburn bangs out of my face. My eyes started to feel irritated from staring at the computer screen to long. I turned it off and put everything back where it belongs. As I walked into the hallway, I could hear Brian. In a room a door or two down. Playing as he does every so often. The acoustic sounds floated in the air lightly. I walked into the room. He kept playing while I sat across from him. His fingers manuvered across the frets. Trying to make sense of something. It was always fascinating to me, watching someone play an insturment. It didn't matter what kind. My eyes followed the movements. Watching as he went from high to low. Low to high. He smiled at me when I looked at his face. He ended his improvised song.

Brian: if you think I'm good, you should hear my dad.

I smiled.

Melly: Uncle Brian is such a carney man.

He laughed and shook his head.

Brian: he's still my favorite guitar player.

He said thoughtfully. His brown eyes scanned my face.

Brian: what's wrong cus?

Melly: no work.

He made a face.

Brian: I'm taking care of you. Don't worry.

Melly: that's not acceptable. You shouldn't have to take care of me.

Brian: but its not a big deal. Act like a twenty something year old for once in your life. You worry over money like a married forty year old man with four kids. Its not everything you know.

Melly: its everything when you don't have it.

Brian: as far as I'm concerned you've got it.

Melly: you're money is not my money.

Brian: if you live here it is.

Melly: I didn't earn it. I didn't work my ass off, going through the turmoils your band did for you're money.

Brian: most people in a situaition like this don't care about that kind of thing. All they care about is how much they can get.

Melly: well I don't expect anything from you.

Brian: I know. Its just weird.

I shrugged. He smiled a little.

Brian: let's go to lunch, my treat.

Its always his treat. He carefully set down his guitar. I followed him out of the house.

Brian: what do you feel like eating?

Melly: whatever you want. You're paying.

He frowned, watching the road carefully.

Brian: fine we'll have sushi.

Melly: whatever.

Brian: but you don't like sushi.

He whined.

Melly: I can tough it out.

Brian: I'm not going to force you to eat shit you don't like.

Melly: so don't.

Brian: you are in a crabby mood.

He slumped in his seat. We stayed quiet after that. My eyes stared out the window. Things were familiar now. I rolled the window down. I perked up when I noticed the neighborhood hadn't changed much. I turned to my cousin.

Melly: where are we going?

Brian: please, like you don't recognize the houses.

We had only driven a few streets down. The house with a huge Silverado, Audi, and white Porsche came into view. Brian parked and got out. I remained in my seat. I didn't want to be here right now. He tapped my window. I shook my head. He rolled his eyes and opened my door.

Brian: come on. Let's go see our friends.

He smiled.

Brian: you can't tell me you don't want to see your precious Johnny Christ.

I scrunched my face at him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out. I huffed as we reached the door. He walked in without a knock.

Melly: I thought we were going to lunch.

Brian: we are. Ichabod get away from me.

He shoved him with his foot. His loud barks filled the room. Zacky came in the room. My eyes went wide in amazment. He looked trashed. Hair out of place. Eyes red from just waking up or lack of sleep. Dindgy looking wife beater. Yet I still couldn't help my breath from catching a little.

Brian: what the fuck happened to you.

Zacky: just you know...

He pointed over his shoulder. His voice sounded a bit hoarse. Me and Brian both perked a brow. That caused a small smile to tug at Zacky's lips.

Zacky: watching movies.

Brian: what all night?

Zacky: uhh yeah.

We followed him as he walked into the living room. The televison was on. Movies scattered about the coffee table.

Brian: where's Johnny?

Zacky: upstairs? Kitchen?

I sat back. This couch was nice. I've only been in his house a few times.

Brian: yeah Johnny is small enough to lose.

They laughed a bit.

Zacky: what up Melly? How've you been?

Melly: jobless.

Zacky: what Brian not taking care of you? That's not nice Bri. She's your cousin.

Brian: she's crabby today.

Zacky: I can tell.

I scoffed. He smirked.

Zacky: bet you she'd feel better if Johnny was in the room.

Brian made a face and crossed his arms.

Brain: she probley would.

Melly: so what.

Zacky: you dig him.

Brian gasped.

Melly: he's my friend!

Zacky: yeah.

Zacky queitly laughed. I looked at him. His deathbat poked out from beneath the white material. The green color making his skin seem that much more pale. I wanted to touch it. His skin. See if it felt as milky smooth it looked. Made me feel selfconcious as to what my skin might look or feel like.

Zacky: speaking of Christ.

I perked up. Johnny stopped in his tracks. My eyes swept over his exposed upper half. He had the most confused look on his face. He had one of the cutest bodies I've ever seen. Pudgy and squishy looking. I just wanted to tickle him or some shit. I bit my lip and stared. He looked up from the item in his hands. His frown disappeared and his child grin surfaced.

Johnny: Melly Mel!

He threw the item on the table and pulled me up. His arms wrapped around me. I enjoyed the contact. My face buried itself in the crook of his neck. Booze and cigs lingered on him.

Zacky: told you.

Brian huffed. His skin was so warm. It felt like he had just gotten out of the shower or he was sweating very lightly. It wasn't gross. Though I hated to admit it, I did feel better with him around. Brian kept his sour face when Johnny kept his arm around me. I was squished between him and Zacky.

Johnny: why didn't you tell me you were coming? I would've cleaned up a bit.

Brian: its a good thing you didn't.

Johnny: why?

He frowned at his friend, who was sending him a glare.

Brian: this way she could see the real you. A pig.

He ignored him and looked back at me.

Johnny: so what brings you to our cozy home?

Melly: Brian said lunch. But I don't see jack shit for food.

Zacky: if you wanted food, you came to the wrong place babe.

He emphasized the wrong.

Zacky: then again I'm not sure who Jack Shit is and why you would want to eat him anyway.

Melly: clever Mr. V. Clever.

Zacky: I also think canibalism should be left for when there is a zombie invasion.

Melly: I'd have to agree with that. Zombies are no joke in my book. Totally a serious matter.

Brian: stop, don't support his zombie obsession.

Melly: no way man. I'm not going to have some dead mother fucker eat my brain. I've got a lot of shit saved in there. I'd fight to the death before that happens.

Johnny chuckled. Zacky's eyes brightened up.

Brian: oh Lord. Not another one.

Melly: look there's only three options us living people have. One let ourselves get eaten, two hide until they find and eat us, or three fight back. When the time comes I'm going for option three.

Johnny: then what's your weapon of choice?

Melly: knives or machete type things. They don't need to be reloaded.

Zacky: I dig all of that.

His smile never failed for me. I looked away.

Brian: enough with zombies. They aren't real.

Melly: not yet.

Brian: not ever.

Melly: fine but when the time comes I know who I'm going to team up with. Zacky.

Zacky: see Brian. I'm not the only one.

He rolled his eyes.

Johnny: what about me?

Melly: well obviously Johnny.

He smiled and squeezed my shoulder. I glanced at Zacky, his eyes were still on me. I scooted closer to Johnny.

Melly: so what do we eat now Brian?

I crossed my arms.

Johnny: I can make...oh wait...uhh I can cook...oh no we don't...hmm...nevermind. We don't have any food. Unless you want dog food?

Brian: you are not about to feed my baby cousin dog food asshole.

Johnny: I was just saying. I'm not actually going to.

Zacky: how 'bout we go to the ever fancy golden arches.

Melly: eww I don't like McDonalds.

They all gave me bewildered looks.

Zacky: not you too.

Brian: that is the best place to get food for cheap!

Johnny: hell yeah, dollar cheeseburger!

Melly: its still nasty.

They all shook their heads. Hanging out with Brian, would always be entertaining I found out that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go Jenn