Status: completed

California Love A7X

Worries at Haner lake

I sat on the couch. Staring at the tv. I'm staring at it but I have no idea what is going on. My head rested in my hands.

Jimmy: Mellifus? Oh Mellifus...

He trotted into the room. A huge smile stretching from ear to ear.

Jimmy: what are doing Mellifus?

Melly: sorta kinda watching TV.

He stared at it blankly. His eyes even glazed over a bit while he did so.

Jimmy: OOO I just captured an idea Mellifus. Do you mind if I call you Mellifus, Mellifus? Does it matter either way? No it doesn't.

Melly: do what you want Jimmy.

Jimmy: I pretty much always do. Hey about that idea.

I smiled.

Jimmy: let's go swimming.

Melly: now?

Jimmy: now is perfect. Oh my God were you reading my mind? How did you know I would agree with now? Go get a suit on.

Melly: I don't have a suit.

Jimmy: then like swim shorts and a bikini top. That's what Jenn does.

Melly: I don't have swim shorts. No suit Jimmy, so no bikini top.

He pouted.

Jimmy: borrow one of Jenn's.

Melly: in an amazing world I would have a rack like Jenn's unfortunately for me I'm only a small looking C cup not fuckin' double D. So that won't work Jimmy. Plus she's taller its just impossible.

Jimmy: then bra and panties. Psh you think I care that's essentially a bikini. You could go naked. That's an option aswell. I don't care. I'm not going to judge you.

Melly: I don't want you to see my bra and panties.

Jimmy: I know you wear the boy short cut. Red, black, hot pink. Various colors. My favorite pair is the one with robots.

Melly: how do you-

Jimmy: I do laundry here too madame.

It may sound wrong but Jimmy never meant any harm. He was just Jimmy. And as far as I'm concerned he didn't care if I did wear my bra and panties. He wouldn't oogle. His main concern was swimming.

Jimmy: better figure something out cause in four minutes and forty nine, forty eight, forty seven seconds you will be in the pool.

He said while reading his watch. My feet carried me upstairs. I didn't really have anything. Yesterday I just went in fully clothed. Lucky for me I found a pair of sleeping shorts. The shirt was easy any tank would suffice. I changed and ran downstairs. Jimmy was waiting by the pool. Brian was sleeping in a pool chair.

Melly: where's Jenn?

Jimmy: out.

Melly: oh.

Jimmy: I like your shorts. The oranges match the sun.

Melly: they do. Brian is gonna fry if he doesn't wake up.

Jimmy: his problem. Pool time!

He threw me over his shoulder and jumped in the pool. Insane giggling met my ears when I surfaced.

Brian: hey assholes you got me wet.

Melly: maybe you shouldn't sleep by the pool.

Jimmy was wading around. Only from his nose up was above the water. He reminded me of a crocodile.

Brian: you aren't in there fully clothed again are you?

Melly: no I'm naked this time.

Brian: liar.

He stood up and got in. Jimmy kept on being a docile crocodile. Wading around.

Melly: is that the extent of his swimming?

Brian: pretty much. Damn today is just a great day.

Melly: it is.

I swam around. Doing laps, messing around, and seeing how long I could hold my breath. Gasps escaped my lungs.

Melly: totally held it for like three minutes that time!

Johnny: baby when you can hold it longer come see me.

He winked.

Melly: Johnny! Don't be gross.

Johnny: girl what are you talking about? I can hold mine for five.

I made a face. He grinned as always.

Brian: as I was asking before rudely disrupted, what brings you here Johnny?

Johnny: same thing that has been these past weeks. Melly Mel. What else?

Jimmy popped out of the water screaming at the top of his lungs.

Jimmy: I AM JIMMY! THE GREAT SEA MONSTER EMERGING FROM THE SHADOWY DEPTHS OF HANER LAKE!!! GRAAAAWERRR!!!

Brian: holy shit dude! You just gave me a fucking heart attack.

I sat wide eyed. Johnny was laughing his ass off.

Jimmy: I am no dude. I clearly said I was a ferocious sea monster Brian.

Melly: you left out ferocious before.

Jimmy: it was assumed with the mighty roar and the fact I'm a sea monster.

Melly: oh I must have missed that. You okay cus?

Brian: I'm fine.

Melly: good. I'm gonna go get ready Johnny. I'll be back down in a few.

Brian: again? Didn't you two go out like yesterday?

I scowled at him. He sighed unhappy.

Melly: no. Yesterday me and him went swimming. Here.

Johnny: don't worry Bri I'll bring her back in one piece as I always do.

He held his hand out and pulled me while I pushed myself up.

Brian: ugh. You're gonna go no matter what I- hey! I didn't even finish and you're already running off!

He yelled after me. I dashed up the stairs. My clothing sloshed as I tossed them in the corner. I would get to them when I came back. No time for a shower. I almost fell down the stairs trying to put my damn shoes on. Johnny was sitting on the last step. Whistling a quiet tune.

Melly: I'm ready.

Johnny: finally.

Melly: I didn't take long at all you ass.

He grinned. His arm wrapped around me as I hopped out of his truck. To big if you ask me. I looked around. The smell of salt water filled my nose. Sea gulls cried everywhere. Skaters skated about. Many people walked around in there bathing suits. Sand gritted under my feet. Sun blared down from the sky. He brought me to the beach.

Melly: you should have told me. I would have put some shorts on. Or a skirt.

Johnny: that's dangerous clothes.

Melly: what?

Johnny: nevermind. Let's start walking.

His arm stayed firmly placed on my shoulders.

Johnny: every Sunday used to be beach day. We would come here and just have fun. Sit on the beach get drunk.

He shrugged.

Melly: how come we haven't been here before?

Johnny: hadn't thought of it.

I looked out at the water. It sparkled in the sun. Reflecting every speck of light.

Melly: it looks like someone just threw a shit load of glitter out there.

I felt him chuckle. The ocean air was a nice change. It was fresher than the inner suburb air. Home came to mind. How I didn't miss that fucking mess. My parents would call. Only to complain about my siblings. How cool is that. They go through the motions of how are you, what you up to, how's your unlce, how's your cousin, and all that bullshit. And it always catches me off guard. I think oh maybe they are actually calling to see what I'm up too. Nope. Not five minutes into the call they are bitching about some random shit I don't even know about. I made a face at the thought. Shaking it from my mind I tried to ignore it. Instead the Johnny nightmare came into my thoughts. The stupid dream haunted me. Its so stupid. After all its not like I've never seen a shirtless man. What could be the reason for this dream. Why does my mind keep bringing it back up. Like an embarrassing moment in my life. Ugh. I want to forget that. I huffed a sigh.

Johnny: what's wrong Melly Mel?

Melly: why is Zacky such a bitch?

Johnny: what do you mean?

Melly: well he's cool to talk to for about five minutes. Then all of a sudden he's a real asshole. Does he not like me? Am I annoying to him? I can't think of anything I might have done to piss him off.

Johnny: oh no Melly. He likes you.

Melly: then why is he such an asshole?

Johnny: he doesn't really mean it. Its just how he comes off.

Melly: I've been here for a month.

Johnny: so?

Melly: I should be used to that. I mean I've kinda got that personality.

He gave me a ha look.

Johnny: you don't have that personality.

Melly: yes I do.

Johnny: sorry babe but you don't.

Melly: then what kind of personality do I have?

Johnny: you're more like mature. Yeah a mature personality.

I made a face.

Melly: I just said the ocean looked like it had glitter in it.

Johnny: that's just it. Its like you want to be able to have fun and be you know twenty two. You're just always so worried about money, work, and shit. So you don't let yourself be you? You get what I'm saying?

Melly: I worry over money like a married forty year old man with four kids?

Johnny: yeah like that type of thing. And a house payment. Can't forget that.

I smiled a bit and nodded.

Melly: no we can't forget that.

Maybe I do worry too much. Or do think about money to much. Then again its easy for him and the rest of them to say that. They're paid to be rockstars.
♠ ♠ ♠
ALRIGHT!!!!