Status: completed

California Love A7X

Crash and Burn

I took a deep breath. Everything is going to be alright. I've got my family with me and I know what's outside this car. The many eyes belonging to security, photographers, reporters, interviewers, and everyone in between. All waited on the otherside of the car door. Johnny squeezed my hand and gave me a comfurting smile. We exited the car. That same hot greeted me. Along with the blinding flashes. I blinked a few times before taking another step. This time I felt better dressed. With heels, skirt, and off the shoulder shirt.

Johnny: just do what we do Melly Mel.

He whispered in my ear. His arm held me close. I nodded.

Johnny: they think we're together.

Melly: I'm sorry.

Johnny: why? I'm not.

He smiled widely. The flashes never stopped.

Guy: Johnny over here!

He faced us towards the random voice. I was prepared this time. I smiled. Ha! Weak smile but I still smiled.

Johnny: this is like our first date all over again. Except this time you don't look like you are about to cry.

He looked at me with his kid grin. I shook my head.

Guy: Syn can we get a shot with you and your Cousin.

Brian came to my otherside. He stood close while Jenn held his hand. We all smiled. He always was so cool. Like it was nothing. They all did. How they managed that I've got no idea. I don't think I could ever get used to this kind of attention. A billion more flashes.

Girl: Johnny! Johnny! Over here can I get a word.

He pulled me with him. The sunglasses the guys wore made sense. The camera flashes were so bright.

Girl: thanks for coming over Johnny.

Johnny: no problem.

Girl: are there any new plans for you guys?

Johnny: we're taking a small break. After that long tour we need it.

Girl: can the fans look forward to any new work soon?

Johnny: we've always got shit going you know. Our minds never rest.

She nodded. Her hair was everywhere and she gave off a frenzied vibe. I watched her scribble on a paper. Photographers and camera men surrounding her.

Girl: are you guys performing tonight.

Johnny: no.

I zoned out of the interview. It didn't appeal to me. A few feet down Zacky, Matt, and Jimmy stood together. Pictures of them being taken. He looked picture perfect in the most interesting way. Not the typical beauty. I never did want to look away from him. I always felt like I found something new. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Either way, it didn't stop me from observing him. His eyes met mine. My eyes darted back to the messy haired lady.

Girl: and who is this?

Johnny looked at me. I gave him a what look.

Johnny: this is Melly.

Girl: is it hard when they go on tour for so long?

I gave Johnny a look. He just returned it.

Melly: uhh...I'm sure it is?

Girl: do you worry about what he does while on tour?

Why in the hell is this bitch asking me questions. I'm not famous.

Melly I don't think its really any of my business.

She frowned.

Johnny: well we got to keep moving.

Girl: wait just another question.

She sounded far away. Johnny was chuckling.

Johnny: good job.

Melly: I don't know why she asked me questions.

Johnny: cause they think we're going out.

Melly: still.

He shook his head. This event was bigger. It felt that way. There were defitnatly more people. So when the time came to go inside the worst thing happened. As I entered Johnny got pulled away from me. We lost contact and it felt like the world was against me. Panicked I called for him. The flashes never stopped. This time they continued into the big building. My heart started racing. I was pushed and pulled. Things and people were in my face. It was crowded. Heat. It was hot. I called for Johnny. Nothing but chatter filled my ears. I called for anyone. Still chatter. Phone. Thank goodness for technology. My fingers quickly typed the first number I could remember. Brian. He didn't pick up. Next was Jenn. Then Johnny. Jimmy. Matt. Zacky. None answered. In order for them to answer they would need to be able to hear the phone. Which in a place this loud and crowded, it made my hopes go down. Anxiety boiled within me. In no way was I enjoying this. My throat felt dry. All I could do was walk around until I found someone. I had to, there are six of them. I clutched onto my phone. Hoping one of them would call me. Random men came up to me. Sick. I started to feel dizzy. The air conditioning wasn't making it cool enough in here. Breathing was hard. To many faces. All of which were none of the ones I wanted. Spinning. I blinked rapidly. More sick disgusting men. Old men. I shuttered away from them. No one seemed to notice the harrassment I was getting. My stomach turned and twisted. I coughed. Eyes watering. Vision blurred. What the fuck. Why couldn't I find anyone. This is bullshit. Why do I feel so sick? Why is it so hot? I felt myself start to go down. I waited to meet the cold hard floor. The pain that I would feel. It never happened. Instead I was being forced to drink. Water. Cool water. And I was sitting. Outside. That smooth voice. I reached out. The smooth voice calmed me. I've no idea what it said. It just sounded nice. More water. I spit it out. I felt cold and damp on my face. My hands reached out again. This time I grabbed a hold of something. A shirt. My grip was weak. I kept grabbing but I couldn't keep hold. My eyes opened, like it was the first time. Everything looked new. Unfamiliar. I buckled over and heaved. Mostly dry. It hurt and burned. Where am I? What the hell happened? Zacky? He sighed with relief. Pulling me closely and hugging me tightly. He smelled of some sort of expensive cologn and ciggerettes. My hands kept clutching handfuls of shirt. Was I standing? He pulled back a bit. His eyes wide with concern.

Zacky: did any of those douche bags touch you?

I frowned.

Melly: Zacky?

He nodded. Waiting for anything.

Melly: I fell.

Zacky: I caught you.

Melly: no one touched me.

Another sigh.

Zacky: what happened?

I buckled over again. Dry heaving. He gave me water after that.

Melly: I don't feel good.

Zacky: no, you don't look good at all baby.

I buried my face in his chest.

Melly: its so hot Zacky.

Zacky: you aren't pregnant, are you?

Melly: I need to have sex inorder for that to happen.

Zacky: I don't know what you and Johnny do.

Melly: we don't. DON'T have sex.

Zacky: ok ok geeze calm down. You don't need to be getting worked up.

We were moving. I just wasn't sure if I was walking. His arms held me tightly. My confused eyes looked at his face. Worry covered it.

Melly: I need to vomit.

He stopped and let me do so.

Zacky: I'm getting you home.

Melly: what about everyone else?

Zacky: I'll call them on the way back.

The noise I hadn't noticed in the background started to fade. We were on some street corner. A cab pulled up and he pulled me in. The ride home seemed slow. To fast for me to handle looking out the window. Zacky didn't once let me go. His lips moved fast as he left messages on everyones phone. He gave the cabbie some cash. The walk way to the house looked longer than usual. I am walking.

Zacky: where's your room?

Melly: upstairs first room.

He laid me on the bed carefully.

Melly: its still so hot Zacky.

He pulled off my shoes. How those things managed to stay on my feet surprised me.

Zacky: Melly, if you take your tights off, you'll be cooler. I think you got a fever.

I tried but my hands just fumbled aimlessly. His hands reached up my skirt. Working quickly to undress me.

Melly: what happened at the-

Zacky: you passed out. Like I said I think you have a fever. Have you been eating?

Melly: ofcourse.

Zacky: drinking water? This isn't Washington.

Melly: its just been really hot Zacky.

Zacky: and you're sure you aren't preg-

Melly: I said no. I haven't gotten any since forever Zacky.

Zacky: well now I know why your so uptight sometimes.

I chose to ignore that. I could feel the sweat on my body.

Zacky: you need to cool down fast.

I started on my shirt. My arms felt like jello. He ripped it off me. My skirt had been long gone.

Zacky: did you happen to take any drugs? I won't tell if you did.

Melly: no Zacky. I'm a little to old for that shit.

Zacky: drugs has no age limit.

He hauled me to the bathroom. Turned on the shower and sat me in the bath tub. The cold water burned. He sat on the toilet watching me closely. I stared at him.