Status: completed

California Love A7X

Not your Fault

Melly: sometimes the combo of loud, hot, and crowded makes me feel weird. Like nervous or some shit. I don't know.

Brian: ok so you've got slight anxiety problem.

Jenn: no, that's true for anyone. Look at me. I get that way too.

Brian: I think you got anxiety problems then.

She rolled her eyes.

Jenn: don't listen to this retard. Maybe next time you should just stick with me and Brian.

I nodded. Maybe I just wouldn't go next time. I stood and walked into the kitchen. Grabbing a glass of water. I heard the front door. Seconds later I was in a more than necessary tight hug. Cigs and booze.

Johnny: oh Melly Mel. I was so worried.

Melly: I'm fine I just freaked out.

Johnny: still. I don't think I've ever been more scared in my life.

He held me at arms length. Bags hung to his eyes.

Melly: I just passed out. Big deal. I got sick it happens Johnny.

Johnny: I'm talking about when I lost you. I'm so so sorry. That shouldn't have happened.

I shrugged.

Melly: shit happens Johnny.

He shook his head. His arms engulfing me once again. I felt his fingers intangle in my messy hair. I closed my eyes. Suddenly I didn't feel as tiered as before. Infact I felt more relaxed.

Melly: if this is the most scared you've ever been Johnny, than you haven't seen much.

Johnny: I didn't want anything to happen to you, and it did...

His eyes were big. Something lingered in them. An unspoken something.

Melly: I just got sick. I haven't been drinking enough water Johnny. Its been hot. I'm not used to this weather. You don't need to feel bad.

Johnny: but I do. I'm the one who lost you.

Melly: not on purpose.

Johnny: that's not.

He huffed staring hard at the ground. One hand still in my hair. I placed one of mine on his cheek.

Johnny: I'm sorry. It shouldn't have happened.

Melly: you already said that Mr. Christ. Its ok.

He glanced at my face then looked back at the ground.

Johnny: just let me feel like shit please. Don't tell me its ok. Please.

Melly: why? It wasn't your fault.

Johnny: cause it would make me feel better. I don't want anything bad to happen to you.

Melly: nothing did. Not anything you could have prevented. I got sick, because I didn't take care of myself.

My thumb moved in circles on his cheek.

Johnny: Melly you're important to me and Brian. Sure you haven't been here long but I can't help...how can I say it? Grow more attached to you everyday.

It was my turn to hug him. My arms wrapped around his neck. Pulling him close. I could understand. I felt the same way about him and everyone else. His hands rested on my lower back. A sigh escaped his lips.

Brian: oh geeze. What the hell is going on in here? Really Johnny?

Jenn: why are you such a rude ass Boo boo. Its nice that we finally found a babysitter for Johnny.

She flashed a smile.

Brian: Johnny could you please keep your hands to yourself for five seconds?

Johnny: hey she's hugging me bro.

He grinned. It didn't convince me though. I grabbed my cup and took a drink.

Melly: where's Jimmy?

Jenn: Mamas.

She smiled again.

Melly: we should go there and have a real slumber party.

I shot Brian a look. He smirked.

Jenn: you know that's an amazing idea. Let's do it Melly.

She grabbed my hand pulled me.

Jenn: get packed. If they don't want to go its fine.

I nodded and started packing. Throwing whatever in the bag. Not ten minutes later me and Jenn were in her car speeding down the street. We could have walked. He lives closer than Zacky and Johnny do. We jumped out of the car and raced inside.

Melly: I win!!!

I screamed jumping on the couch. Matt stared confused. Jimmy clapped happily.

Jenn: bitch you cheated!

Melly: no I didn't!

Jenn: Mama she cheated!

Matt: uhh hi.

Jenn: hi Mama!

She hugged his neck and kissed his cheek.

Jimmy: my turn my turn!

She did the same for Jimmy.

Matt: what's with the bags?

Jenn: Melly came up with the greatest idea. I think it might help her feel better.

Matt: and that idea is?

Jenn: sleep over at Mama's house.

She beamed.

Jimmy: that sure is the greatest idea. We can watch movies, make popcorn, and talk about hot guys!

I laughed.

Jenn: exactly.

She hugged both of them.

Matt: how do I get the feeling everyone is gonna end up here?

Melly: aw come on Matty, it will be fun.

I leaned into him. He smiled.

Melly: I will even make food. Like real Mexican food.

Matt: oh hell yeah. Stay as long as you want Melly. Shit you can have first dibs on any room. Any room.

I smiled and ran upstairs. Ofcourse I picked his. He's got the biggest room, with the biggest bed, and the biggest bathroom.

Jenn: clever girl.

Melly: I'm learning from the best.

Jenn: that you are.

Melly: we can share.

She nodded happily.

Melly: I want to go swimming.

We changed and headed outside. Jenn took her place on a chair. I got straight into the pool.

Melly: would Brian and you be offended if I did stay here for a night or two?

Jenn: Brian might try to be pissy but don't worry he's just being the over protective cousin. Go ahead Melly. Its not like we're your parents. Might be good for you.

Melly: would Matt mind you think?

Jenn: not if you make him food.

I walked until the water was to my neck. Then I just stood around like that. A floaty came into view and I swam to it. When I reached it I climbed on and lounged. Letting the sun dry me. Perhaps not the. smartest idea if I am a little dehydrated. My eyes fluttered.

Brian: Melly!

My eyes shot open.

Melly: what cus?

Brian: what did I say about that suit?

Melly: you asked me where I got it from.

He made a face. I got back in the water as everyone else came out.

Melly: are you staying too cus?

Brian: yes. Someone has to make sure nothing happens to you.

Jenn: she's twenty fuckin' two Brian. She's fine. The worst Matt and Danny will do is eat the food she's gonna make for them.

Brian crossed his arms as he often does when he's unhappy.

Jenn: don't give me that look. Get your ass over here Boo Boo.

Jimmy: oOoOo Brian is in trouble!

Matt: wahpush! He's whipped bitch.

I shook my head.

Danny: pussy whipped that is.

They all laughed. Johnny was the last one out. I climbed out of the pool and jumped on his back. He didn't see me coming cause he was busy closing the door and hanging up his phone.

Melly: you feelin' better yet Johnny?

He looked back at me.

Johnny: I will once you get off my back Melly Mel so I won't get more wet.

I did and he faced me. His eyes traveled up and down. Stopping on my various tattoos.

Johnny: oh Melly Mel.

He pronounced each syllable in my name. He held one hand up and made me do a slow spin. His eyes scanning every part. I smiled shyly.

Johnny: mmm mmm...I'm feelin' way better.

His cheeky grin made its way. This time it was for real.

Johnny: you defitnatly are not any little girl. Damn Melly.

This was kinda awkward. Johnny was checking me out. I don't know what to think of that.

Johnny: you never told me about all this ink.

Melly: that's cause most people don't get to see it.

Johnny: really now? Am I one of the few special?

Melly: you and everyone else here. I've got some even fewer people see.

Johnny: what you got an ass tattoo?

Melly: maybe.

Johnny: you make me think naughty things Melly.

Melly: how? I'm just talking about tats I've got in places people don't see much.

Johnny: like...down there?

Melly: that's gross. I mean like inner thigh and low hip area.

Johnny: inner thigh?

Melly: yeah. I'm not showing you. So don't ask. If you see it cool if not cool.

I started to walk away. But he wrapped his arms around me.

Johnny: personnally you should show them off more.

I shrugged.

Melly: they're mine. Personnally I get them for me. Not anyone else.

He nodded. His arm stayed around me. I could feel him looking over my exposed skin. I wondered if he was looking at my art or something else. He took a seat and planted me on his lap.

Melly: what are we eating?

Matt: hey the deal was you were gonna make food. Remember?

Melly: ofcourse. Infact I will get started. Johnny if you could go get some shit for me from the store I'd really appreciate it.

Johnny: no problem.

Jimmy: I'm going with you Johnny. I like the store smells.