Status: completed

California Love A7X

A word with Zacky

My eyes were slits. Zacky stood about four feet from me and I wanted to ring his neck. I'm tiered of his attitude. The other day at the beach really pissed me off. Now usually I'm not one to hold on to something like that. Lately though, he makes it easy for me to do so. If my cousin wasn't such good friends with him and I didn't feel bad about disrupting their friendship I'd kill him. They were discussing some important band issue. He was in my grasp. I groaned.

Zacky: what? That's like hundredth time you've done that since I've gotten here.

Melly: and?

Zacky: its annoying.

Melly: ignore me.

Brian: damn calm down you two. Geeze. Had I known you'd be at each others throat I would have gone to Zack's.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the counter.

Zacky: its hard to ignore you when you're being rude moaning and groaning over there.

Melly: but you'd love to hear me moan and groan.

Brian: what?

He looked at Zacky.

Brian: what?

Melly: I'm sure you got that running in your sick perverted little mind of yours.

Brian: what!

Zacky: you wish Melly.

Melly: I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Zacky shook his head.

Brian: when did you guys start hating each other? And why are you thinking dirty about my cousin?

Zacky: she's the one attacking me man.

Melly: I'm just returning the gratitude.

Brian: what the hell is going on? Clearly I misunderstood how much you two don't get along.

I shrugged.

Melly: I'm going outside.

I walked out.

Zacky: what the fuck is your problem? Huh?

Melly: you. You're my fucking problem.

Zacky: what the hell did I ever do to you?

Melly: you mean besides trying to make me unhappy, disrupting any kind of private conversation I'm having, and being rude.

Zacky: that all?

Melly: what did I ever do to you? Why are you being such an ass?

Zacky: you drive me off the fucking walls.

Melly: what? How? I don't and haven't done anything to you. I tried being nice but then you kinda fucked that up. We were gettin' along fine till one day you woke up and said hey let's make Melly's life hell today.

He let out a frustrated groan.

Zacky: you're not fucking pregnant. I know you'd like us to believe that but I'm not fucking retarded.

Melly: what are you talking about?

Zacky: you. Not pregnant.

Melly: I'm just trying to teach everyone a lesson.

Zacky: what?

Melly: just cause me and Johnny are close doesn't mean we're fucking around. I can be friends with a guy and not have sex with him.

He rolled his eyes.

Zacky: is that it? It really bothers you that everyone thinks that? That's fucking stupid.

Melly: no, stupid is the way you've been acting. Is that the way you treat all girls?

A brief silence.

Zacky: do you believe in love at first sight.

Melly: no. That's bullshit. You are so fuckin' sporadic when you talk.

Zacky: I'm pretty confident its bullshit too. Almost ninety nine point nine percent sure its bullshit.

Melly: then why bring it up?

Zacky: let me finish.

Melly: finish then.

Zacky: I do however believe in having or feeling a type of connection with someone when you first meet them.

Melly: ok?

Zacky: I thought we would get along. That me and you would be like you and Johnny. Maybe not as intimate but close.

Melly: we aren't intimate.

Zacky: sure. My point being I got that feeling, you on the other hand stare at me terrified. That pisses me off. Because you look terrified but you hate me. What did I do to scare you? To make you hate me before you knew me?

Melly: none of this makes sense.

He sighed.

Melly: you sound psychotic.

He lit up a smoke. Such grace he took to light a cig.

Melly: I'm not terrified of you.

Zacky: I never said you were.

Melly: right. I don't realize what I look like when I stare at you. But terrified I'm not.

Smoke slowly belowed from his lips.

Zacky: what do you see when you look at me?

Melly: tell me the real reason you're an asshole.

Zacky: I did.

Melly: then you know what I see. You can give me some crazy explaination of your actions but there has to be a simpler way to say it.

Zacky: I'm jealous.

Done and done. He didn't hesitate. My heart skipped a beat.

Melly: jealous?

I asked confused.

Zacky: yes. Why? Is your next question. Because he gets to touch your skin and hold you close. He can do that without consequence.

I frowned.

Zacky: another question from you. What do you mean? Look at what I've done twice. I stole those from him and you. Oh she says in her mind. I've told you before, he's not the only one who digs you.

My mind twisted and turned around his words. Trying to ingest them.

Zacky: your turn.

I nodded.

Melly: what is it I see, he asks. Answer. Milky white skin, brilliant colors, smooth voice, perfect face.

His brows furrowed.

Melly: you're confused because you saw terror when I looked at you. You only ever have negative confrentaions with me. Its obvious to others it was something different. Now you wonder what I really think of you.

Zacky: I do.

Melly: I just think milky white skin, brilliant colors, smooth voice, perfect face.

Brian: either one of you dead yet? Preferably Zack.

He disrupted. Zacky blew out smoke from the corner of his mouth.

Zacky: no I'm still kickin'.

Brian: shame.

He lit up his own smoke. He didn't take the same care Zacky did. No. He wasn't as graceful.

Brian: well atleast I won't have any explaining todo.

Melly: explaining?

Zacky: for what?

Brian: if one of you fucked the other one up, most likely Melly kickin' your punk ass, Jenn would want to know why I let it happen.

Melly: oh.

He puffed out some smoke.

Brian: yup. I can see you're both still in one piece. Are you two cool? Or am I to assume never to leave you two alone.

I stared at Zacky. He stared back. His green eyes told me he was thinking deeply.

Zacky: it would have been smart to have assumed to never leave me-us, alone to begin with.

Brian: awesome! Not only do I have to watch Johnny's little slimey hands, I've got to keep an eye out for your sleezy ass.

He said sarcastically.

Melly: you have nothing to worry about on my part cus. Him...well that's your judgement call.

Brian: I'm not really worried about what he wants. I'm more concerned with you.

Melly: I'm fine with anything you are.

He nodded.

Brian: let's go bowling tonight.

Zacky: bowling? Since when do you bowl?

Brian: since forever. You just never noticed. What do you say Melly? We can invite all the guys.

Melly: sure.

I hate bowling. Hate it. I refuse to put on the shoes.

Melly: tell me, why is it every bowling alley smells like feet and nacho cheese?

Johnny: because of the nachos and the shoes.

I rolled my eyes.

Melly: its disgusting.

Brian took a long deep breath.

Brian: what are you talking about, that my sweet young cousin is the smell of champions.

Melly: gross.

The guys all laughed. The clerk was an older looking man. Kind in the face.

Clerk: how many playing?

Brian: six.

Melly: five.

Brian: six.

Melly: five sir.

I looked at my cousin.

Melly: I'm not playing.

Brian: what? Why?

Melly: I refuse to put any of those fuckin' shoes on.

I said bluntly. I looked at the clerk.

Melly: five.

He rang us up and gave all the guys their shoes.

Brian: if you don't like bowling, then why didn't you say so?

Melly: didn't want to make a big deal about it.

He shook his head.

Melly: I'll keep track of your guys score.

Zacky: let's make a bet.

Jimmy: sounds fun.

Matt: go on...

Zacky: who ever comes in last place buys a round for everyone...

Brian: and if we win?

Zacky: gets a kiss from Melly.

Melly: excuse me?

Brian: come again?

I looked at Zacky. He didn't look at me but he had a smirk on his face. I crossed my arms.

Brian: I don't like that last part.

Zacky: come on its just a friendly wager. Nothing major. And what's a kiss on the cheek?

Melly: no.

Johnny: don't worry Melly.

He squeezed my shoulder. I looked up at his face.

Zacky: I'm sure Johnny will do anything in his power to win Melly.

When no one was looking I flipped him off. Asshole.

Brian: why don't you ask Melly if she is willing do that instead of just making her.

Zacky: like I said before Johnny will probley win.
♠ ♠ ♠
i dont know