Status: completed

California Love A7X

Jungle Cat

Jenn: what about these Melly?

Melly: I told you two I don't need new bed shit. And if I did I could get it for myself.

She frowned.

Melly: oh stop. Use your money on something else.

They've been trying to get me new shit for the past three days. Yup that's right a whole three days have gone by. Fast. Its been great. Except the fact everytime we go out and I even just look at something they automatically want to buy it for me.

Jenn: fine but that's the last time I'm offering.

I've been hearing that the past three days too. I rolled my eyes.

Brian: I'm done with this shit.

Melly: me too yo. Its so fucking crowded.

Jenn pouted.

Brian: what we don't have to leave if you don't want to.

Jenn: no. I'm done.

I laughed at Brian's expression. The car ride was how I like it. Loud with good music blaring from the speakers. My eyes darted around the scenery. Trying to take in every detail. I sang along with Kurt Cobains voice. Funny listening to a home town hero in town that was now home. Brian pulled up to the curb. The music quieted and they looked back at me.

Melly: yes?

Jenn: we need to go to the store for food. Do you want to come?

Melly: no. I'm cool.

Brian: do you want anything?

Melly: I'm not picky.

Brian: well if you change your mind call one of us.

Melly: ok.

Brian: here take this key. Jenn we need to make her a copy.

She nodded. I got out and went inside. Todd came running to the door. I picked him up and carried him into the room with me. He wagged his tail happily.

Melly: what's up Todd? You watching the house?

I laughed at myself for talking to Todd. I threw my purse on my bed and set Todd down. He walked about my room. Being a dog. I looked at the mail Jimmy had placed on my bed. Junk mail. I have no idea why he does it.

Melly: look Todd. A coupon book. Fabulous.

Todd looked at me and continued sniffing. I flipped through the book. It seemed interesting enough. My butt hit the bed and I sat down.

Melly: two for one Todd. I'll treat you to a nasty Mcdonalds burger.

I kept looking through it. Todd perked up. Then ran out of the room. I frowned.

Melly: Todd.

I called out. His bark filled the empty house. This made me uneasy. He doesn't bark unless he's playing around or asking for attention. Then I calmed down knowing this. He probley found one of his toys. But the low grumble of a voice wiped that all away. I took a jagged deep breath.

Melly: oh shit. There's someone in the fucking house.

I whispered harshly to myself. I bit my lip. Though I felt scared my curiousity got to me. I crept quietly to the railing. Getting on my knees so I wouldn't be obvious. I peeked through the rails. I shuddered at the huge man standing below. There's no way I could take him. He would crush me so fast. But I was never one to not try. Stupid really. I would suprise him. That is all I had going for me. How did he get in so quietly? The big burley dude walked towards the kitchen. I quickly ran down the stairs. Its strange at how moments like these, no matter how hard you try you're loud as shit. I peered into the kitchen carefully. Empty. Fuck. Where did this guy go? I calmed my breathing and listened for movement. Todd's tags tinked a bit. Then footsteps. A bit heavy. Made sense, he's a big guy. He walked past me and didn't even notice. Todd followed him. I figured now or never Melly. I pushed myself from the wall. Ran, jumped, grabbed, and punched his head as hard as possible.

Guy: ow! What the fuck?!

I kept at it. Hitting with my one free hand. Anywhere. I didn't care. Then like I was nothing he pulled me off. My grip ripped from him. What I had for nails I know scrapped across the skin on his neck. His hands were painfully tight. I'm going to die was my only thought. I wasn't going to make it easy. I kicked my short legs wildly. Making contact with him a few times. I wriggled around madly when he caught hold of one of my legs. I flailed my arms. Anything. It was no use. I was getting tiered. I just wouldn't give up though. I can't. I screamed. Then it was cut short. I felt pressure. One hand held both of mine. My legs were pinned down with his. I felt his ragged breathing on my face. I kept my eyes closed. Didn't matter my hair was all over my face. His free hand was carefully moving the hair out of my face. How could someone be so gentle. My chest rose and fell quickly. I could feel how close his was because of this.

Guy: who the fuck are you?

He asked more calmly than his body felt.

Melly: I'm not telling you asshole.

Guy: how did you get in here?

Melly: same way you did only I didn't break in.

Guy: what? I didn't break in. I've got a key.

Melly: liar!

I screamed finally opening my eyes. His eyes were amazing. He must have noticed my reaction. His lips turned into one of the most adorable smiles I'd ever seen. The kind any girl would go shy and quiet for.

Melly: I'm sorry. I thought you were...

His smile remained. I looked away. My eyes wandered to my hands. It was only then I realized the pain that was there. I bit my lip and said nothing.

Brian: what the Fuck is going on?!

Just as he was about to answer Brian pulled him off me. My breathing came easier.

Brian: what the fuck were you doing Matt?!

Matt looked puzzled. Jenn came in and stopped. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish. I can only imagine how I looked.

Brian: Matt?

Matt just looked confused.

Brian: Melly?

Melly: I didn't know. I thought. Then I. You showed up. I'm sorry Matt.

Brian: Ummm. What the fuck did you just say?

I took a deep breath. Calmed myself and started over.

Jenn: so you did all that to him?

Melly: I guess...sorry again Matt.

Brian: man she kicked your ass.

Matt: she's a little jungle cat.

A hint of amusment in his voice.

Brian: shut up. Matt since you like to just get straight to the physical, this is Melly.

Matt: hello Melly.

Brian: my cousin.

He emphasized.

Matt: oh...

I smiled weakly.

Matt: I'll be ok.

Jenn: he's like a rock. Although you did leave a bit of a mark here.

He had some nasty looking scratches across his neck.

Brian: geeze Matt did you really have to man handle her?

He grabbed my hands and looked at my wrists. They were red and they burned a bit to the touch.

Matt: hey! She started it. I was only making sure she didn't kill me. She almost took me down.

Jenn: Melly, you'll fit right in.

Brian: are you ok?

Melly: I'm cool. Its not that bad.

Brian made a face and let my hands go.

Melly: do you need help with the grocieries?

Jenn: yeah, since Brian is lazy.

Brian: am not. I helped last time.

Jenn: no Jimmy did. You were to busy eating the fucking hot cheetos.

Brian: I brought it in right?

She rolled her eyes. I followed her to the car.

Melly: who's gay new white charger is that?

Jenn: that's Mama's, I mean Matt's.

Melly: mama?

She smiled.

Jenn: yes I call him Mama. He's my Mama.

She said lovingly.

Melly: that's fabulous.

We made a few trips back and forth.

Melly: how much food do you need?

Jenn: did you not notice the way Brian eats?

Melly: ofcourse I did. He's a fatty magoo.

Jenn: precisly and the boys like to come over a lot so. I just keep a lot of food around.

Melly: better safe then sorry I guess.

Jenn: exactly.

Melly: where do you keep cereal and crackers and shit?

Jenn: that top cabinate.

We silently worked. I only asked where things went. When we finished she pullled out a some beers.

Jenn: so Melly what's your poisin?

I shrugged.

Melly: beer I guess.

Jenn: well whatever it is we most likely have it in the house. So feel free to raid the bar.

Melly: you have a bar?

Jenn: duh. You think the Syn Gates would have a house without one. Do you think I could handle all the boys without having a shot once in awhile? I think not.

Melly: that makes sense.

Jenn: believe me, once you've been here for a week, you'll see.

Melly: I believe you now.

She smiled. I followed her into the living room. She gave the guys the beers and sat next to Brian. I sat on the floor so I could see all of them. Matt sipped his beer.

Jenn: what's today?

Brian: Thursday.

Jenn: aww shit.

She got up and left the room.

Brian: its t-shirt order day.

I frowned not sure what he was talking about.