Status: completed

California Love A7X

I dig that

Brian: so what'd you think of Zack and Johnny?

Melly: they're fun.

Brian: yeah. Don't worry Melly, within a few more visits it won't be so weird between all of us.

Melly: sure.

We were in the garage.

Brian: are you sure you don't know where Jenn put that cross?

Melly: yeah I would remember something like that.

He frowned and scanned the whole garage carefully.

Melly: are you positive she's the one who took it? I mean after all it was a pretty badass cross, someone could have stolen it.

Brian: I'm sure she hid it. She hates that thing. So what are you up to today?

Melly: Jenn's gonna take me to look at some salons. We've haven't had the chance the past few days.

Brian: sorry about that.

Melly: oh no its cool. After all I'm the one asking for the help.

Brian: mmm...by the way, thanks for just accepting Zacky's gift. He's overly sensitive about that kind of thing. He wouldn't have said anything but ya know.

Melly: I guess.

Brian: A HA! Clever, clever Ms. Reinelle.

He'd found the cross. I smiled at the thought of Jenn just hiding it again.

Brian: but I will wait until you two leave to put it back up. Not a word to Jenn.

Melly: a word about what?

He smiled and walked me back into the house.

Jenn: what were you two doing?

Brian: smoking.

Jenn: you smoke?

Melly: no. But I thought it nice to keep him company.

Jenn: oh. You ready?

Melly: sure.

Jenn: we'll be back Boo boo. When the guys come by be sure they help make dinner.

Brian: what makes you think they'll come by?

She shook her head and we left. Her car was the blue Beamer.

Jenn: so where to?

Melly: I've know idea dude. I don't really know the area.

Jenn: right. I forget you just moved here.

We drove around for a few hours. Checking out various salons. Some looked promising others were just to prestige for my taste. As we arrived at the house, Jenn gave me a look.

Jenn: how much you wanna bet they didn't do jack shit?

Melly: none I'm pretty sure I'd lose.

Jenn: hence the reason I asked.

She smiled widely. Matt's white charger sat parked along with an el camino and a sleek white 911 porsche. What a varity. in my head I tried to match everyone to one of the cars. We walked up to the door and she came to an abrupt stop. Her eyes narrowed hatefully. There once again hung the cross.

Jenn: how did he find it?

Her head snapped back at me. I held up my hands.

Melly: yo dude I didn't tell him shit.

She kept the look on her face as we went in to greet the guys. All of them avoided her stare. Except for Brian. He acted clueless.

Brian: what's up? Did you find any salons that looked interesting? I'm sure I could help hook you up with a job at one if you need it.

Melly: yeah I found a few. And hook ups won't be necessary cus. I'm sure I can mange on my skill to get me a job.

Jenn gave one last mean glare and stormed silently into the kitchen. As soon as she had her back to him, he cracked a smile.

Brian: she didn't like that did she?

Melly: man I've never seen anyone look at an inanimate object with such pure hate.

He chuckled mischieviously. I glanced around the living room to see who was all there. Matt, Jimmy, and Zacky.

Melly: hi guys.

Matt: hi Melly.

Zacky: Melly.

He said with a nod. His eyes darted to me quickly and went back to the t.v. just as fast. I stood there awkwardly for a moment. They all stared at the television. Obviously not feeling the same awkwardness I felt. Todd came in the room. He jumped at my feet asking to be held.

Brian: don't you dare pick him up. He's so spoiled.

Melly: ok.

I refrained to just scratching his ears a bit. The screen of the t.v. displayed the commotion of UFC. A popular sport. I like a good brawl just as much as the next person. Jenn rushed through and was gone before any of the guys could notice.

Brian: why don't you take a seat?

Melly: oh uhh...I'm gonna go to my room.

Brian: what's in there?

Melly: a grey bed set.

He frowned. Still no one looked away from the screen. I shrugged and trudged up the stairs. I let myself fall on to the bed. I rolled onto a pile of mail.

Melly: Jimmy Jim Jim. What is the purpose of junk mail?

I tossed through the pile. Not finding anything interesting. A shower sounded like a good idea. Just to get refreshed. I took a quick one. Something about being in permanent wamrth called for more showers. I felt way better afterwards. Maybe I was just trying to find a way to avoid everyone. Not because I don't like them. Or that they've let on that they don't like me. Just cause I don't really fit in yet. I'm still like the odd one. I made my way downstairs. The smell of something cooking drew me to the kitchen.

Melly: what smells so dericious?

Zacky: dericious?

He asked while straightening up from behind the fridge door. I stared at him. I hadn't expected to him to be the one cooking. I half smiled.

Melly: yeah dericious.

His lips curled into a small smile. Slightly entertained. My eyes never left his face.

Zacky: I dig that.

He went back to raiding the fridge. I peeked at what was cooking. I could feel him get close and I quickly moved out of his way.

Zacky: I'm making ravioli.

I smiled and nodded.

Matt: there you are Melly.

I turned.

Melly: here I am.

His dimples came into view.

Matt: we were wondering where you went.

I felt relieved when he came in.

Melly: I took a shower. Hey can I ask you a question?

Matt: sure.

I frowned.

Melly: Jimmy keeps leaving junk mail on my bed and-

Matt: that's Jimmy for you.

Melly: any reason why he might do that?

Matt: I don't know, make you feel welcome? Let you know that he aknowleges the fact you're here by giving you mail even though its just junk mail.

Melly: that's....nice.

Matt: Jimmy's like that.

He shrugged then quickly smiled again.

Melly: are you guys still watching UFC?

Matt: yeah. Except Zacky. Come join us.

He put an arm around my shoulder and led me to the livingroom.

Brian: where did you go?

Melly: I had told you my room.

Jenn was sitting in a recliner. A hint of deviousness sparkled in her blue eyes. She sipped at some drink. Matt squished me between him and Brian.

Brian: oh yeah. Hey tomorrow we're going out.

Melly: ok.

Brian: giving you a heads up, incase you need to go shopping or some shit.

Melly: am I invited?

Jenn: more like we're making you go. So shopping?

Melly: I don't really need any new clothes. Its not like you've seen all my clothes.

She pouted.

Matt: a girl turn down shopping.

Melly: I can't just splurge money I don't have Matt.

Matt: that makes sense I guess.

My eyes glanced back to the kitchen.

Melly: where's Johnny?

Jenn: him and Jimmy went to go get some beer and wine.

Melly: oh.

I sat back making myself comfurtable. I looked at the two inked arms that surrounded me. Monsters glared at me menecingly while a microphone perched on the other. The various colors swirled togther. In my head I questioned how strange they would look with naked skin. I looked down at my own arms that had a few pictures scattered across them. Nothing compared to Brian and Matt. Someday I might though.

Melly: so where are we going tomorrow?

Brian: uhh some party event thing.

He said casually.

Brian: we get invited to these events and we all don't always go. So we figured why the hell not. Its been awhile.

Johnny: Honeys! We're home!

I smiled. Jenn stood up and I followed suit. I figured since she's the woman holding down the fort, I could help her. She took some things from them and I did too. Johnny smiled at me.

Melly: hi Johnny, how are you?

I asked as we walked into the kitchen.

Johnny: good. You?

Melly: I'm cool thanks.

Johnny: are you coming with us tomorrow?

I nodded, his child like smile grew wider. He wrapped an arm around me.

Johnny: when they ask whose girlfriend you are feel free to say me. I won't mind.

Melly: how sweet of you. I mean afterall that's what I'd be So concerned about.

Zacky chuckled quietly. His back was towards us. I wanted to run a finger down it. From top to bottom.

Johnny: its what most girls are worried about. I'm just that amazing.

Jenn: shut up Johnny.

Melly: amazing possibly. But That amazing? Mmm, you might be pushing it there Johnny cakes.

Me and Johnny continued into the afternoon with that. Suddenly I didn't feel as left out as I had before
♠ ♠ ♠
Lame ass chapter