Status: completed

California Love A7X

Tasting Fame

Melly: Jimmy hold still. I can't do your hair right if you don't hold still.

He giggled like a maniac. I sprayed and I teased.

Jenn: you have to do mine next.

Melly: with pleasure. What about Brian?

Jenn laughed.

Jenn: yeah right. No one can mess with his hair. He's so over-protective about it.

I shrugged.

Melly: ok Jimmy take a look.

He looked at himself. His grin stretched wide and he ran out.

Jimmy: I need to change my pants!

Jenn took his place.

Melly: what do you want?

Jenn: I'm easy just straighten it.

Melly: may I suggest a little teasing?

Jenn: whatever you want. Just as long as you straighten it first.

Jenn started messing with her phone. Brian walked into my room. His hair looked like a spiked modern version of Elvis's' hair.

Jenn: are you dressed and ready?

Brian: yeah I just need to find my sunglasses.

Melly: I saw some in the kitchen.

Brian: what are you wearing Melly?

Melly: am I supposed to wear something specific?

Brian: no I'm just wondering.

Melly: I was thinking about seeing if I fit in that shirt Zacky gave me.

Brian: why wouldn't you fit?

Melly: I think he might have gotten me a youth size. He did think I was Mckenna's age.

Brian: he's such an idiot sometimes.

Jenn: all of you are idiots sometimes.

We both laughed.

Brian: go on, on your outfit.

Jenn: dude leave her the fuck alone. Don't listen to your retarded cousin. Where whatever you want.

Melly: I was planning to wear what I want no matter what he said.

Jenn: that's the attitude I like.

Brian: well if she happens to be one of those people who purposel tries to dress bad...

Jenn: what are you gonna do?

Brian: I'll think of something.

He walked out. Clearly losing the verbal battle with Jenn.

Melly: so what you doing on your phone?

Jenn: making sure the guys are ready.

Melly: are you band manager?

Jenn: might as well be. No I run Brian's line and do some other things. I'm just you know like mom, older sister, younger sister, and everything in betwee.

She said sounding worn. Then perked up when I finished.

Jenn: oh man. This is awesome.

Melly: ya like?

Jenn: fuck yeah.

I smiled. Best part of my job. Making people feel good.

Jenn: well I'll let you fix yourself up.

I slapped on some jeans. Tried Zacky's shirt. It was to small. I frowned. It was actually a cool shirt. My eyes scanned the huge closet that held my small amount of clothes. I grabbed one of my little mermaid shirts. As far as my hair. Just grabbed some hair spra and sprayed that shit. I went downstairs and sat next to Jimmy.

Jimmy: this is going to be fun. Don't worry Melly. We'll all be there.

The car ride was fun. Easy enough. When we exited the car. I felt myself freeze. A billion flashing lights going off. Everywhere and no where all at once. I suddenly felt very small, very under dresse, and very out of place. Even though I was with people I knew, I felt small. I clutched onto who ever was standing next to me. Clearly I was new to this. I felt who ever I grabbed chuckle.

Johnny: looks like you won't have to tell anyone whose girlfriend you are, they'll just assume you're mine anyway.

He smiled. I felt a bit better after that. They were all so casual.

Johnny: let's just consider this a first date.

I nodded unable to say much. It was so intense. Fame. Something I dream as a child. While pretending to be an actress. Yet many years later here I was. Not famous, but in the midst of those who are. My heart pounded. I watched Jenn and Brian talk to random people on the other side of some fence. The flashes never stopped.

Lady: Johnny! Johnny!

He looked in the direction. Giving them what they wanted. I could only imagine what I would look like in all the photos.

Johnny: smile Melly. Smile.

He whispered. I tried my best to do so. Matt came to my other side. Him and Johnny did a pose. I stood there stupidly. A second later Brian was at my side. Johnny stayed an arm lengths away. He had rearranged me clutching his arm to holding hands.

Guy: who's the new girl, Avenged?

Brian: my cousin.

Guy: let us get some shots of you two.

Brian placed an arm around me.

Brian: just do what I do. I know its a bit overwhelming. I'm sorry I should have warned you.

I just nodded. I let go of Johnny. More brighter flashes went off. I tried to focus on one place but I couldn't. It was too hard. So much was going on. I saw Jenn with Jimmy. They looked at the cameras and fed them shot after shot. Brian smirked at the cameras. Played mr.cool.

Brian: just smile.

That sounded easy enough. Instead I sat wide eyed. Then I noticed the heat. All the flashing caused it to be so hot. I could feel sweat forming at my neck. I felt disgusting. All these beautiful people and here I was starting to sweat. In an instant I was confused. Looking around a room, I hadn't even noticed we were walking towards. I was so caught up I didn't realize we were all moving. So many people stood around talking, drinking, dancing. I'd been to parties, but never anything like this. Shit was being given out. Stands of expensive toys littered about the place. Things that usually cost the average person some change was willing forced on me. Perfumes, purses, phones, jewelry, shoes. I didn't dare let go of Brian. I hadn't seen where everyone else went to.

Brian: are you ok?

Melly: ye-yeah. I'm al righ. Just need something to drink or to sit. I don't know.

My eyes kept moving around the room. Ingesting the madness.

Melly: are all the parties you go to like this?

Brian: no. This is big one. Want to know something funny?

I gave a nod.

Brian: I have no idea what this party is for.

I smiled half heartedly. He led me to one of the many bars. I wondered if he was concerned about not knowing where Jenn or the guys were. By the looks of it not so much.

Brian: what do you want to drink?

The bartender stared at me. He chuckled after a bit and looked at Brian.

Bar: first timer?

Brian: yeah.

Bar: don't worry I was the same way my first time. So what happened to your other girlfriend?

Brian: she's around here.

Bar: oh you are playing a dangerous game.

Brian frowned then shook his head.

Brian: no man. This is my cousin. She moved here from Seattle.

Bar: right your cousin.

He gave us a wink. We looked at each other slightly disgusted.

Brian: just give me two beers.

His voice irritated. The bartender smiled and handed him the beers. I sipped the beer, not really what I wanted to drink.

Melly: that guy was a dick.

Brian: that's just shit we got to deal with sometimes.

He shrugged it off.

Brian: come on let's go mesh with the crowds.

I held his arm tightly. I knew I would have a heart attack if I got lost. He greeted and talked with random faces. Probley none I would ever see again. Many of them giving us strange looks. They thought what the bartender thought. Except when he explained they understood. For the most part, some seemed skeptical. I can't even remember what he would talk about. I would just attemp to smile. He talked to people I would only usually see on t.v. Granted I lived with the one and only Synyster Gates. You think I would know what to expect when he said party.

Brian: you haven't said much since we've got here.

Melly: I know.

Brian: do you like the party?

Melly: yeah its cool. I got my first pair of Ed Hardy shades here man.

Brian: yeah I got some too. Jenn will have a ball when she sees them.

To be honest I felt a bit weird taking them. I know its free but its strange. He frowned and held his phone to his ear.

Brian: ok be there in a minute. Come on they've all relocated by the I pod booth.

Melly: this party is like being at the sweet sixteen show on mtv.

He laughed.

Brian: but more extream.

Melly: hell yeah man.

After a bit the booth came into view.

Jenn: finally! Melly are you having fun?

Melly: yeah.

She didn't seem to convinced.

Jenn: can I have my man back?

Melly: please do. People keep thinking he's sleeping with me.

Brian: more like you're sleeping with me cus.

Melly: dude that's sick. Who cares about who slept with who. I just don't want people to think we're doing it.

Jimmy: that is pretty nasty.

I felt better being surrounded by the guys and Jenn.