The Sick Among the Pure

Her Eyes are Underneath the Ground

Trent's POV

I woke up sweating from the dream I had. Maxinne's and I's conversation kept on repeating in my head and it turned into a dream before I knew it. In the dream, it was the best sex I've had and she was in control. My curiosity grew bigger and I put aside what Maynard had said about their sex. I woke up from my nap and remembered that Maynard wanted me to come in to the studio because they recorded a new song and wanted it to have a "touch of Reznor". I got dressed and dove over to the cafe and grabbed coffee for all three of us. I walked up the stairs to the studio and opened the door since it was open. "Whoa, okay I'll pretend I didn't see anything and come back later!" I jumped when I noticed Maxinne topless pushed against the desk with Maynard feeling her up and kissing her neck. Goddamn it she had some amazing tits. At first she made a small shriek from surprise and quickly covered herself behind Maynard. "No, um it's cool just give her a second to put her shirt back on." He said with a bit of embarrassment in his voice. I put the coffee down until I heard Maxinne say that it was okay for me to turn around. "I'll be right back" Maynard said and went to the bathroom to take care of business. I smirked checking Max out wearing that shirt that barely covered anything. "Oh please" she rolled her eyes and threw herself on the sofa, she was blushing a bit and it was cute. "What! At least I prevented Maynard from having sex with you, isn't that what you wanted?" I asked as I grabbed the coffee and handed her one. She gladly took it and looked up at me embarrassed. "I don't know" a mumble came from her mouth. "You're wearing that tight shirt again" she said and made a sound, in reality I knew it turned her on. I looked her over and sat down next to her. "Sweetie, you're wearing that shirt that doesn't cover shit again!" that made her pull it up a bit but her nice nipples were still lightly visible. I bit my lip and forced myself to look away, no wonder Maynard can't keep his hands off her. I heard her sigh and take small sips of her hot coffee as we sat in silence. The sexual tension between us was growing and it was clearly visible. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom" she said getting up. "Maynards in there" I reminded her. "Okay I'm gonna go to the piano room" Thats when I realized she needed her daily fix of cocaine. "No, just do it here if you really fucking have to that badly!" I pulled her down on the sofa. Maybe if she had to do it in front of me she wouldn't. She gave me an uncertain look for a few seconds. "I'm sorry" she said and pulled out the bag and rubbed it in between her soft fingers as her eyes scanned for a flat surface. She found a magazine and put some out in a line then she fucking went for it. "That's fucking sick" I basically growled through my mouth, I really wasn't expecting her to do that. She quickly put it away when she heard the bathroom door open. She wiped her nose and laid back. "You asked for it" she replied and Maynard came into the room. Goose bumps ran through my skin and I felt like I was going to vomit. I haven't seen anyone do that in years and it absolutely made me sick to my stomach to the max. I got up and headed to the bathroom to calm down and rethink what just happened.

We worked on the song in silence, I heard their ideas and constructed something similar to what they had said. I was in a pissy mood and wished I wasn't here. "Okay what the fuck guys?" Maynard said getting annoyed with us not even speaking. "What's wrong?" I asked him looking up from the computer. "What happened while I was in the bathroom because ever since then you've been acting really immature." he said pacing back and forth. I looked back to the computer screen and didn't say anything, waiting for Max to speak up, but of course she didn't. I turned my head around to look at her, she was upset and afraid of what she thought was coming. We locked eyes and she observed me, shyly looking away. I got up and started to put my leather jacket on, saving the file as I did that. "I'm heading out I have rehearsal. Maynard, call me when you get a chance" I said walking out before any of them said anything. "What the fuck!" Maynard screamed at Max as I shut the door. I stood there for a few seconds and just decided to leave it behind. No one has really noticed that Maxinne's gotten to that point where everything goes to shit. I know, I've been there, she didn't have the power to stop herself. She was already struggling, unable to function without it even in simple situations. I know she doesn't want to stop, hell I didn't want to stop at that point either, it was all fresh to me and it kept me going. But her life was going to spiral down from here on, and something needs to be done about it.

Maxinne's Pov

I did something bad, something really really bad that I should have never done in ages. After Maynard screamed at me I kind of just stormed off without telling him what happened. I went to the wrong place, I took the bus to where I used to live. And where I used to live is no good, especially the people. I don't usually get depressed, but it just hit me. I ran out of coke and I came down about an hour ago, so I headed for the person that I knew would have at least something. I stood there knocking on the door when the familiar face opened up the door. "What the fuck are you doing here?" The harsh voice asked. "I need help..." George rolled his eyes and opened the door further to let me in. We used to date a few years ago, we broke up because he was a drug addict and he got me heavily into drinking. I felt somewhat embarrassed to be here. "What is it?If its money I can't help you with that." He snapped and threw himself on the couch. We didn't exactly end the relationship on good terms, there were still some hard feelings especially from his side. "Do you still sell?" I asked in a light voice. "Mhm...I only have heroine right n-" "I'll take it. But you'll have to teach me how to use it..." I said cutting him off. I needed anything that would make the guilt go away, I never meant to do that to Trent and it kicked in later how he must have felt. I payed George and he taught me how to use it, we did it together and it was the most amazing feeling ever.

It's been three hours since I tried it, I was walking home paralyzed with what just happened. The thought of it was haunting me. It was getting late and I realized none of the buses were running. "Fuck!" I cursed at myself for fucking up completely. I felt my phone vibrate and looked to see that it was Maynard, I put the phone back into my pocket quickly. I was walking, just following my shitty sense of direction when I heard a car honking at me and driving next to me. I rolled my eyes without looking at the pervert. "Max is that you?" I heard that familiar voice and I stopped to see Trent looking worried. "Get in, it's about to rain and from what I know, you're far from home..." That was a good point so he stopped the car and I got in. "Thanks" I mumbled still embarrassed from before. "What's wrong, you're never this quiet?" he asked putting his hand on my knee. "Trent, I-" I can't do this, I can't tell him, he would just crash the car or never speak to me again. "I'm sorry about before, it was stupid and disrespectful of me, I never should have done that." At least I got one thing off my mind. He sighed and didn't say anything for a while, most likely organizing his thoughts. "I haven't seen anyone do that in about 6 years, it was shocking and it made my stomach turn. Just please don't do that again..." he pulled his hand away from me and put it back on the wheel. "I promise I won't" my voice cracked and I looked away, tears were forming in my eyes and I didn't want him to see. "Max don't worry about it. I'll be fine...come on" he grabbed my hand and squeezed it, I twitched as he did that. I took a deep breath to stop myself from crying and getting really upset. "Do you want to go out and get food with me?" Trent asked after a few minutes of silence. "Um...sure" I responded and Trent sighed. "You don't have to if you don't want to..." he started saying. "No, I want to, Trent." I looked over at him and gave him a small smile. Then Violet came into mind, maybe they broke...or he wasn't asking me out on a date, just a friendly dinner kind of thing. My phone rang interrupting my thoughts, it was Maynard again so I put it back in my pocket. A few seconds later Trent's phone started to ring. "Hey...what's up?" Trent looked over at me and then back on t he road. "...No I'm with her actually, calm down....Okay I will. Bye" Trent hung up. "Maynard said that you should stop ignoring his phone calls and call him back" Trent smiled. "He's not my father and he should stop acting like he is." I rolled my eyes at the thought of Maynard. We got to some restaurant and we ordered food. "So are you and Maynard sleeping with each other again?" Trent asked randomly. "He tries to... but since he handled shit like a dick last time it's not gonna happen." I said disappointed at Maynard, Trent laughed. "Yeah, I was definitely shocked when I walked in on you guys..." I shrugged. "Maynard started it, it was kind of awkward for me...I don't have feelings for him or anything. And everyone already calls me his bitch..." I looked down at my food and took one bite, immediately regretting coming here with Trent. I wasn't hungry, but I forced myself. "So what have you been up to lately? Are you going on tour soon?" I asked changing the subject. "Yeah, we're rehearsing for the upcoming tour, I'm not sure when it will be yet though. Actually, I was thinking about opening bands, I would really love it if you guys joined us..."Trent said the last part carefully. I smiled. "God, our first tour sucked...so if you can make this one amazing and fun, then it's a deal." Trent gave me a wide smile. "Don't worry, you'll be wishing you were on tour with us all the time, that's how much fun we'll have!" I let out a laugh, getting somewhat excited for this. I wouldn't mind spending all my time with Trent. "I'll make sure Maynard doesn't come..." Trent said observing my expression as I was thinking about exactly that. "You know, you're starting to creep me out...you can read me like a fucking book." He winked and nodded "Exactly, that's why I'm The Trent Reznor" the smirk formed on his face and he drank some water. "You're so full of yourself Reznor!" I sighed taking another bite of my food. Then Trent's phone rang again. "Excuse me.." he said and picked it up. "Hey Vi....I'm getting a bite to eat with a friend, I'll be home in a little bit....no just had a busy day, I'll see you soon kay love?" I think that was the most awkward part I had to sit through. "Sorry about that" Trent looked down awkwardly as well, I don't know why. "How long have you guys been going out? She's a sweetheart" I commented. "Two years in about a week.."Trent observed me as I forced a smile. "Congrats, is she the one?" I let out a laugh and so did he. "I don't know, I really don't think so though. I'm looking for the perfect girl" I rolled my eyes at him. "There is no such thing as perfect, Trent! You're gonna be searching forever." He shook his head and looked serious. "I've met Miss Perfect already, there just need to be some small changes made though." He looked down. "I never knew you were the cheating type Trent." I said somewhat disappointed. "I physically haven't cheated yet, only mentally but I can't be blamed for that, if it's mean to be then it's meant to be." He wasn't making any eye contact so I thought he was uncomfortable discussing this. "Let me drive you home?" Trent asked after we finished our food, I left half of it there. "It's alright, I think I'm gonna take a walk. I don't want to go home tonight..." I said thinking about the cocaine that is there just waiting for me. Trent looked at me suspiciously though. "Don't buy more drugs, Max..." he grabbed on to my arm. "I don't want to go home because I have drugs there,Trent." I told him truthfully. "Stay at my place!" he said almost excited. "I can't do that Trent. Your girlfriend is waiting for you...I'm just gonna go to Ava's or something..." he shook his head no. "Violet loves you, come on." He insisted again. "Thanks but I really can't, I need to be alone and clear my head." He nodded. "But don't do anything stupid Max! I'll see you around." It was already too late. I gave him a small hug and he drove off as I walked through the streets of LA.
♠ ♠ ♠
aghh finally out! apologies for the delay! <3