The Sick Among the Pure

Scatterbrain

"Is Maynard mad at me?" I asked in the middle of the movie that we were watching. "Probably, you've been ignoring him a lot." Trent said. "Oh well, I guess I'll have to face him tomorrow" I sighed and laid down on the couch and fell asleep.

Trent's POV

It was in the middle of the night and I left Maxinne a while ago on the couch since she fell asleep. I couldn't sleep so I hung out in the studio, just thinking about her until I got tired. I ended up making some parts of the songs and just fucking around, but the only thing I could concentrate on was her. I haven't done this much day dreaming since high school. I grabbed my head as my hands were on the desk and just thought of ways to get rid of these thoughts. "Trent, you okay?" I saw her standing by the door in her blouse and a pair of boxers I left her to change to. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking." I looked up at her as she stood in front of me and sighed. I want to grab her waist so badly and just feel her next to me, but I couldn't. She would probably think I'm scum cheating on my girlfriend. "I can't sleep. Your dog snores loud." she said and I let out a laugh. "Yeah, she woke me up too, that's why I'm here" I joked and she smiled, leaning on the desk and yawning. "Did you make any songs?" she asked and I shook my head no. "Can't concentrate, just fucked around" She nodded and looked around the studio. "We should do something. I'm bored" she wiggled her toes and looked back at me. I raised my eyebrow and looked up at her "What do you have in mind?" "Something fun..." she replied shrugging. I smirked as sex was the first thing that crossed my mind. "Not dirty things, you perv!" she blushed as she realized that's how it came out. "Who said I was thinking dirty things?" I got up. "It was all over your face" she walked out of the studio and headed towards the couch. "How about we bake a cake?" I asked and she looked over at me with a weirded out expression. "Uh alright. But we'll never sleep from the sugar." she warned me as she walked over to the kitchen and looked around. "We'll eat it tomorrow for breakfast then."I walked over to a cabinet and pulled out some cake mix and flour. She started reading the directions and I got out all the tools and prepared the pan. She was mixing the egg and she looked unsure. "Here"... I stood behind her, grabbing her hands and the bowl and mixing it with her. "Thanks" she mumbled embarrassed. After a while we put the cake in the oven and now we just had to wait, it smelled delicious.

"So how did you get yourself to stop doing drugs?" she asked as she laid down on the couch and put her legs on top of mine. I placed my hand on top of them and ran up and down, feeling it's smoothness. "I got to the lowest point. It took me 2 overdoses to realize it needed to end" She was staring at me with her eyes open wide, thinking over what I said. "It's all about willpower" She nodded and quickly sat up, coming over to me and reaching to see my arm. She lifted it and ran her fingers through where I used to shoot up. "How many times have you done it?" I asked curiously lifting her sleeve up. "Five" she sat down on top of her legs as we both stared at the marks. "Trent, the thing is that I don't want to stop. It felt too good, it was comforting" she confessed and pulled the shirt down. "It's not good for you, not good for the people around you either. It will start eating you away soon enough and you'll be miserable. Trust me you don't want to go through that. End it before you can" She just nodded her head. She didn't want to and her mind was set on not changing. "Cake should be ready" I went to the kitchen and took it out. "Smells so good!" she squeaked and ran over to look at it. She went to my fridge and pulled our the whipped cream, then searched around for the plates. "You're never gonna sleep if you eat this" I reminded her pulling out a plate and handing it to her. "Then I'll make you eat it with me so you don't sleep either!" I shook my head and smiled as I cut her a piece. She attacked it instantly. I was eating my first piece slowly and she was on her second one. She put the whipped cream on top and dipped her finger in it, slowly putting it in her mouth and sucking it off. I bit my lip and tried to not think about it, but I couldn't stop staring at her. "Are you entertained?" Max said while looking up and grabbing her stomach. "You bet" I reached over to her and grabbed a tiny crumb from her face, she just blushed. "I think I'm gonna try to sleep now..." she said getting up and throwing herself on the couch. "And what am I supposed to do all alone and sugar high?" I followed her and leaned on the couch, looking down at her. "You can stare at me sleeping, you've been doing a good job all day" she closed her eyes and smiled to herself. "Oh I can? Thank you. Should I grab a chair or stand instead?" I didn't think she noticed, but might as well play along. "Why don't you lay down next to me and keep me warm." Her eyes were still shit, but she knew what she was talking about. "Get up for a sec" I told her and she just shook her head no. "Fine" I picked her up and placed her on the floor, then I unfolded the couch, picked her up and placed her back. "Comfy?" she asked turning over to me and grabbing on to my arm as she cuddled. I think I stayed still the whole night, afraid to touch her or get any dirty thoughts.

Maxinne's Pov

"What is that noise?" I whined and grabbed on to Trent's arm without opening my eyes. He moved around a bit and stood up. "Someone's at the door, hold on" He walked a few feet and opened the door, I continued to sleep until I heard Maynard's voice. "What the fuck did you sleep with her Trent?" Trent growled, it was too early for him. "No. I mean Yes, but we didn't have sex. Calm down." Trent's footsteps got closer and I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Wake up, Maynard is here..." I opened my eyes and stretched. Trent looked me over and then walked away. I looked over at his nice butt as he walked away and smiled. "Hey, Maynard" I said and walked over to the cake, cutting myself a piece and shoving it in my mouth. "What the fuck is going on?" Maynard asked looking from me to Trent, I gave him a confused look. "Maynard I said nothing is going on, so just drop it. I know, I admit, I shouldn't have slept next to her, but fuck it, not like I even touched her!" Trent looked pissed off. "No biggie, Maynard." I said as I cut a piece of cake and walked over placing it in front of him and then kissing his little bold head. "So you've been hiding out at Trent's house for two weeks and ignoring me?" he asked while taking his bite. "No, he dragged me out of the apartment yesterday. I just needed a break from you" He nodded and then looked at me raising an eyebrow. "What happened to your arm?" I held my breath in and looked over at Trent who sighed, scanning it over. Maynard looked confused, "Well...did you fall or something? It's all bruised." he asked going back to the cake. "Yah, I um, got hit by a ball on the beach" I said quickly still holding my breath in. "That sucks." Maynard replied with a full mouth. Trent gave me an uncertain look and he went over to sit next to Maynard. "She's doing heroine" Trent said grabbing on to his head and looking down. It was awkward for him but even more awkward for me. Maynard's eyes grew big and his face got red, he was speechless. "You need to check in to rehab Maxinne, I can't deal with this anymore." Maynard said upset, I was surprised he wasn't shouting. "I think we should give her a chance to decide what she wants to do, and when we get back from tour if things haven't changed, then we'll work on fixing them." Trent said giving me a comforting look. "She's just gonna get worse, what if she overdoses?" Maynard asked Trent, ignoring me completely. "I've been there. If she doesn't want to stop then we'll let her destroy herself until she knows when it needs to end. She doesn't want to stop now, do you Maxinne?" I shook my head no. "I'll watch over her" Trent got up and patted Maynard on the shoulder as he cleaned up his plate. There was a five minute silence, I didn't know how to react or what to do. "Maynard can you drive me home?" I asked quietly. "No- you need to go rehearse" Trent said quickly before Maynard could respond. He was hoping that I wouldn't think about it, but it was too late. It was the only thing on my mind. "Your band needs to get tight for the tour. One day I'll come over to the studio and we can go over everything." Trent said to both of us. I nodded and went to the other room to get dressed and get all my shit. "Come on let's go, we have to tell the rest of the band" Maynard said and I nodded and waved goodbye to Trent.