The Sick Among the Pure

Twenty Four Hours

Of course the I idiot I am, I was late to the air port. I started panicking about drugs and actually put them in and out of my bag at least 6 times before I made my mind up. I definitely do not want to get arrested for carrying heroine and cocaine, so I threw them out on my way to the airport so I wouldn't think about them. I haven't seen Trent for three weeks and I came to a final conclusion; he wasn't going to get what he asked for. As much as I do respect him, I can't stop being his friend. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to handle this but I think I'm just going to pretend our little talk never happened. If he bitches, then I'll tell him I've had feelings for him since day one, simple. When I got to the airport, I noticed the whole crew looked pissed off. "Fuck" I cursed to myself and quickly went to get my luggage checked in and all that bullshit. "What happened to your lip?" Trent said picking up his stuff and starting to walk, pulling me along with him. "Oh I fell, it's that gross?" I asked lightly touching it. Truth was I got into an argument with my ex boyfriend because he wouldn't give me more heroine for the trip. All of it has gone to trash now, it was totally not worth it. The only visible things were the bruises on my neck and my lip, not too bad. "I don't believe you" Trent said as he showed his ticket and started going in the plane, I followed. "Where'd you fall exactly?" He asked putting his bag on a first class chair, surprisingly my seat was exactly next to him. I slipped by him and sat down, getting comfy. "In my bathroom" I said and took my jacket and scarf off then pulled out my iPod and book. "Still don't believe you. Then where are those bruises from, they look like hand prints. What the fuck did you get yourself into Maxinne?" Trent leaned down and pushed my head aside so he could see the bruises. "I got into a fight with someone, it's really no big deal." I sighed, he could always tell when I'm not telling the truth. "Are you hurt?" He asked and sat down still staring at it. I shook my head no and sighed, "The lip hurts a bit. I'll get over it." "Was it a cat fight?" I saw Brett's and Rob's heads pop out from the seats in front of us. I rolled my eyes at them and let out a laugh. "You wish it was" I said and Brett frowned. "Mind your own business guys!" Trent said and they turned around with a "Yes boss". "Is that what I'm supposed to say to you every time now?" I turned to Trent and asked him with a small smile. "Of course, I am the boss" He smirked and shifted himself as the plane departed. "I have something to tell you by the way when we get to Russia" I said not looking at him and yawning. "Tell me now" He turned in his chair so he could look directly at me. "Can't here, boss. I don't want to embarrass myself." I looked at him shyly. "Listen, you're gonna keep me up this whole plane ride because I'm going to try to figure it out. Please tell me." He said seriously. "I'm stopping the drugs because I want to be friends with you...if we can be friends that is." I said uncomfortably almost in a whisper. "You would do all of that just for me?" He asked smiling widely and sounding full of himself. "Don't get your head too big"I started biting my nails as I looked out the window. "But I'm a complete asshole, why would you want to be friends with me?" Trent asked. I shrugged, "Well finish this later when everyone can't hear" I pulled my first class chair all the way down so it was almost flat and laid down almost instantly falling asleep.

Trent's Pov

I guess I was shocked with what she just told me, and it made me happy. I know I said we had to be professional but that was only because I was scared and didn't know of what else to tell her. The drugs didn't bother me that much, she almost never acted high around me. It was good for her though. As I think about it, there might be more than just physical connection I'm feeling towards her. "Stop smiling so much! You need to keep your goth reputation going, remember?" Brett turned around and caught me. I gave him the middle finger and pulled my chair down. Soon enough they turned all the lights off and I caught myself staring at Max sleeping. My eyes closed and I fell asleep.

"Sir, we'll be landing shortly, please pull up your and your partners chair." the stewardess woke me up and I nodded sitting up and fixing the chair. "Max, wake up we're landing." I touched her shoulder lightly to wake her up. She moved around and turned to the other side away from me. I let out a laugh and leaned over to her ear. "We're here, you need to pull your chair up." I whispered and that got her to open her eyes and sit up. She pulled her chair up and looked out of it for the next few minutes. "I hate landing, you should've let me sleep through it." she said grabbing on to the arm rest and looking stiff. "Trust me, you'll get used to it on this tour." I said and we started to land.

We got our luggage and we waited for a car service to pick us up. I noticed Max didn't really talk to the rest of her band and she always stood away from them, or alone. She went outside and lit up a cigarette, slowly starting to shiver. I've never seen her smoke before, it must be something new she picked up. "She's gonna get sick!" from the side I heard Rob say to Brett as he walked outside and gave her a hug that covered most of her body. She just smiled shyly and continued smoking and nodding to whatever Rob was saying. Just then two cars pulled up and I quickly went outside. Maxinne got into our car and shivered underneath Rob. "Did you bring any warm clothes?" I asked her. "I did, but I don't know if they're warm enough for this fucking weather." She responded still cold. "Wanna come shopping with me later?" It was stupid of me to ask while everyone else was in the car too because they were all thinking the same thing. "Sure" she said and looked at me with a small smile. "You guys can come too, you know" I said looking at Rob, Brett and the rest of the band. "Yeah, I'll get me some Russian hats!" Jeordie said smiling at the thought of the hat. I shook my head and looked out the window to see the hotel.

Max's Pov

I was sharing a hotel room with Ava and didn't mind. I got settled in, claimed my bed and washed up. "Hey, I'm starving. We should go find some food." Ava said and I agreed. I put on the warmest sweater I had with my jacket and some tall boots. When we got to the lobby we saw Brett and Rob dancing with some Russian men dressed in traditional clothing. I started laughing and they spotted me, pulling me in to their little circle. I was embarrassed and tried to get away but they kept on pulling be back. When the music stopped I felt someone pull me away by my arm. "I need to steal you for a bit" Trent said and we walked towards the elevator. "What's wrong?" I asked somewhat worried because he looked so serious. But he only shook his head, "Nothing, we just never finished the conversation we started on the plane" we got out of the elevator and he led me to his room. He had a single bed but the room was a lot bigger. He crossed his arms and stood in front of me looking at my lip and shaking his head. "Why exactly would you stop doing something you enjoy so much?" Trent killed the silence with his question. "Okay, so I figured this could be a new start. I spent about two hours trying to figure out if I should bring my drugs with me or not, at the end I threw them out. We were good friends and I've missed it to be honest. I don't usually like getting close to people if you haven't noticed already..." I said most of what was on my mind. "You never talk to your band, what's up with that?" he asked walking over to the window and leaning against it. "We just don't click. Ava and I used to be best friends but we grew apart..." I sat down on his bed and started biting my nails. "And about that night at my house, are we supposed to forget that?" he asked looking right through me. My heart stopped and I couldn't look away from his eyes. "I already have..." I lied. He let out a small laugh, "To be honest, I haven't" I sighed and didn't know what to do. "Trent I have to tell you something..." I took a breath and glanced at him quickly. "God, I hate doing this but you should know..." I bit my nails and quickly thought over what I was about to say. "Never-mind. Forget I mentioned anything." I quickly got up without looking at him and headed for the door. I couldn't do it, I was too scared and I already knew that I was going to be completely rejected. "Max, stop. Just say it or it will keep on bothering you." He said while pulling me away from the door and making me sit on the bed again. "You're gonna hate me for this, but I started developing feelings for you. I don't know when, it sort of just happened. I thought it was a stupid crush but when you said you didn't want to be my friend anymore it hurt too much." I couldn't look at him. He stood there silently in front of me, not moving an inch. "Fuck, this is too awkward I can't deal with this." I got up but he quickly sat me back down. "Just let me collect my thoughts" he said and sat next to me, rubbing his head. "First off, I don't hate you for telling me. If anything I'm happy you did." He was looking at me and scratching his arm. "In the beginning it was obvious that we were physically attracted to each other. I could barely keep my eyes off you." I let out a laugh and waited for him to continue. "But I've been dating Violet for two years now. And I admit, I do catch myself thinking about you a lot, which confuses me. I think I need more time to see if there is anything else that I feel for you. In the back of my head I know there is, but I just need time to figure this out." I nodded and smiled lightly. "Thanks for not being an asshole about it" I finally looked up at him to find him smiling and observing me. He nodded for a few seconds and looked down. "Are you really stopping the drugs, be honest with me." "Yeah, it's only been 24 hours but I have nothing on me. I don't know anyone who deals in Europe. Plus I have a new addiction." I told him the truth. "I'm proud of you, just don't let it get to you. I'm always here if you need me." "Thanks" I whispered and got up. "Wait, what's your new addiction?" He got up after me and grabbed my arm lightly. "Cigarettes and something else that you'll find out about soon. It's a good thing." I smiled and he nodded. "I'm gonna go find some food, I'll see you around." I said and with that I left him with his thoughts. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would've been.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need to come up with something more exciting for this story. You guys should let me know if you have any suggestions. Also, sorry for making everyone bipolar!