The Sick Among the Pure

The Mark Has Been Made

Today is my big day, which made me nervous. My first record release party. This is it, the goodies will be released. Then god knows how many months of touring. I had an hour to get ready and then leave for sound check. I put on an old pair of ripped tight jeans (they're ripped because I fell not because I cut out a hole to look cool), a long blouse that looked very 80s, and some pointy boots. Then I shoved my baby doll dress for the after party. I was finishing up putting my makeup on when I felt my phone vibrate. "You better be ready, I'll be at your place in five minutes" Maynard said making sure. "I'm ready!" I snorted some coke, made sure nothing was on my nose, and headed outside to see Maynard pulling right over. "You have no idea how nervous I am. You gotta help me relax, what do you do when you're nervous? Do you have some sort of tea that makes you chill?" I started panicking in the car. "Well, back in the day cocaine always did the trick. But obviously I would kill you if you did that. I'll make you some hot coco and give you a back rub once we get there." If only he knew that the demon has planted a seed in me already and isn't planning on leaving anytime soon. I looked away nervously and sighed.

Sound check went fine. We went on in half an hour, the place was packed. "Oh god, please never stop what you're doing!" I begged Maynard as he gave me the best feeling massage I've ever received in my life. "I'd be better if you were naked and I had my oils with me, then you'd be screaming for me to never stop!" I let out a laugh "Well in that case both of us will be enjoying it instead of only me" I said and then put my face down on the pillow again. I jumped when I felt something vibrate on my ass, making Maynard laugh hysterically. "Hello?....oh you are? Great! I'll meet you in a second." Maynard hung up the phone and got off me. "You know how I fucked things up with the magazine? Well I'm making that up to you tonight..." He said giving me a wink and walking out of my dressing room. "Dude, you and Maynard should date" Ava said entertained, sipping on her wine. I fixed my clothes and smiled, "He'd be a good fuck for sure!" She handed me a glass of wine and I poured it down my throat. "You nervous at all?" I asked, only to see her shaking her head no. "Marius and Levii are though...don't worry you'll do fine!" I shook my head and thanked her. After that I went to the bathroom and snorted a good amount of coke just to make things better on stage.

Trent's POV

The place was packed, even the back stage which surprised me. I never knew this band was that big. I stood patiently observing people from the balcony when I saw Maynard's bold head pop out from in between the people. We greeted each other and started talking about the show. "She's so nervous, so I'd rather introduce you two after the show in case she decides she's too scared to play in front of you" Maynard let out a small laugh and leaned against the balcony railing. "So what made you decide to help these guys out?"I asked curious and leaned against the rail as well, looking back from Maynard to down on the stage. "Well first of all, Maxinne sent me the most unique and disturbing painting of me that I couldn't say no to. And...the band is fucking amazing. Her voice is a mix of Siouxie and Lydia Lunch, it's wonderful." I nodded my head and smiled when I saw the band enter and take their places on stage. Maynard was definitely correct about her voice, it was different than most voices. This chick looked exactly like the girl I've been seeing everyday near my favorite cafe. I smiled at her a number of times but she just gave me a frightened look and stormed away. There was something about her that made her instantly interesting. She wasn't beautiful, but she was pretty, she was unique if anything. That attracted me to her. She looked great on stage, she almost fit there perfectly. She had so much energy and for every song she was jumping and running around. When the guys were tuning their guitars she bonded with her audience. "So who's coming to the after party later on?" she asked pointing to some people in the front, the crowd responded with loud screams. "You! Are you coming? If you're not twenty fucking one tell me! I'll get you in!" that made the crowd even crazier. "She definitely knows how to make her audience love her!" I commented to Maynard. "She's trying her best. There has been some drama with people responding in a negative way towards her, but she seems to be doing a good job now" he said observing her even more. During the next song she played the guitar and decided to jump on the drum-set and play on top of it. Got the fans screaming. She jumped back down and there was blood dripping down her eyebrow. A roadie threw her a towel and she quickly wiped it off. The fans loved the blood. After that song she stormed off the stage and confused, the band followed as well. About three minutes later they were back on stage continuing the crazy show, the blood was gone from her face.

After the show was over I saw her go straight to the bar and then to the bathroom. She didn't come out for about 15 minutes and Maynard was starting to get worried. Finally she came out and I took a big breath, preparing myself to meet her. Her drink in her hand, she walked right up to Maynard. She was even more stunning up close. She smirked and placed her hand on Maynard's chest. "Wanna go to my dressing room and help me get these clothes off?" I was somewhat socked to hear her say that, but what do I know, she could be a really flirtatious person. Maynard gave me a worried look, "Max...you're pupils are huge...what the fuck are you on!?" He almost yelled at her which shook her up. She tried to run away but he grabbed her by the arm and pulled on the couch where I was sitting. "I'm just drunk..calm down!" she started to get defensive. "No, you're just high out of your fucking mind!" Maynard snatched the drink from her hand and an upset look filled her face. "You're in fucking deep shit Maxinne, I told you not to get into that bullshit!" I sat there awkwardly just watching them. "You're not going to the after party until you sober up completely and I'm staying by you the whole night. No wonder you made a fool out of yourself all those other times, that fucking shit was on your mind!"Maynard yelled. When he got mad or angry the other person would never hear the end of it. One of the many reasons why Tapeworm never worked out. "I better not see you do take whatever you took again! Understand?" he grabbed on to her shoulders and made her look into his eyes, she was scared shitless of him. "Hey Maynard calm down a bit..."I said as nicely as I could. Her head quickly looked over to me and her face got red. Maynard sighed and sat down on the small glass table across from both of us. "I was hoping to introduce you two in a totally different mood and situation, but Max this is Trent, Trent -Maxinne" Maynard said clearly still upset. "Hey, nice to meet you" I stuck my hand out to shake hers and she slowly did too. "Likewise" she gave me a weak smile and quickly looked way. She was totally embarrassed and ashamed of herself. "Excuse me, I need to go change..." her excuse was pretty bad but I nodded and let her leave.