The Sick Among the Pure

Help Me Get Through Into You

After what seemed like the everlasting tour, we were finally home. It's been a week and the only important thing that happened was that Maynard and I had a talk, he apologized and I accepted. I didn't want things between us to get ugly like they were, I missed being friends with him, and only friends. I learned how to hide my drug problem recently, everyone thought I was slowly stopping, but little did they know the bad habit is getting worse. Once again I was supposed to meet everyone at the studio and I was late. I walked by the cafe and saw Reznor drinking his coffee as coming out of the cafe. "So is this your favorite place as well?" I asked and he was happy to see me. "You bet! When did you come back?" he said taking his sunglasses and locking them on his shirt, then running up and down me with his eyes, of course not in an obvious way but I notice those things. "About a week ago. Miss me?" he was staring at my chest, shyly he looked away. I knew he loved my famous half shirts that I wore, what man wouldn't? "Nope" he replied with a smirk. "How was the rest of the tour...fill me in." he stopped putting his other hand in his pocket. "Maynard and I made up. I spent most of the time alone. Everyone was pissing me off. Got a lot of fan mail and e-mails checked." I explained. "I'm glad to hear that. Hey, do you need a ride over to the studio?" he asked while taking a sip of his coffee. "Sure, thanks!" I jumped in and we headed towards the studio. His car was beautiful and so comfy. "You lost weight Max...is it the coke?" he broke our silence eventually, making things even more worse. "Really? I didn't notice any changes. I probably just wore baggy clothes whenever you saw me last time." I most likely did lose weight, I just didn't want to admit it. I felt a lot weaker and tired everyday. "What are you doing later tonight?" he asked changing the subject because it was becoming awkward. "Nothing interesting, why?" For a second I was hoping for a date but I realized he has a girlfriend. "You and Maynard should come over for dinner, I'll cook." He took his eyes off the road and glanced over at me to see my expression. "Well...I don't know, depends on what you're cooking." I joked and he let out a laugh. "Oh don't worry, I'll come up with something orgasmic." he gripped the wheel and made a turn, arriving to the studio. "Sounds good, tell Maynard though so he doesn't think I'm just trying to go over to your place and be a fan girl." He smiled and looked at me. "You're such a fan girl, aren't you?" God, I was beginning to love those smirks he gave me even more. "Used to be..." I said while getting out of the car and closing the door. I turned around leaning a bit against the door and bending down. "Back when you were an angry scrawny little thing that destroyed everything on stage and then snorted coke off some chicks tits" I said giving him a wink. "Wow, thanks for reminding me of the past. Don't worry, I'll make you a fan-girl once again, just give me some time!" with that he pulled away and this time he gave me a smirk.

When I walked in to the studio Maynard was on the phone...with Trent. No one else was there, I guess it was just us working on some new material. "Great! We'll see you soon then." with that Maynard hung up and gave me a smile. "Here's the agenda for today: we write some music and fuck around on instruments, check mail, contact manager, nine inch nails rehearsal, dinner at Trent's. Sound good?" he asked looking up from his notepad. "Perfect! Let's get started." I said as I headed towards the laptop and sat down on the couch. There was not too much mail today which I was thankful for. Little bit of fan mail and some business things that the manager should be taking care of. I called her and confirmed everything. An interview and a photo-shoot were on the list for next week and another Interscope party, but that's if we wanted to go. After all of that was done with I went over and hooked up the bass, making something up. Maynard joined in on the guitar and started singing something. God, I loved his voice. He walked around the studio singing and playing as I made something up on bass. Then he came over to me and sat down, putting the guitar aside. "Your voice is so amazing, Maynard." The fan in me started to come out. I put the bass on the floor and Maynard slid right next to me and then pulling my body down so we were on the same eye level. He held up his head with his hand and looked down at me, playing with my hair and jaw line with the other hand. We were silent and I knew he was either going to kiss me in a few seconds or it would just turn awkward. "So how long has Trent been dating that chick?" I asked randomly, it was the only thing that could come to my mind. "A while now actually...why do you ask?" he looked at me suspiciously and stopped his hand. "No reason." I looked away and yawned. "We used to date a few years ago, she was cool." I was really surprised to hear that. "Was she a good fuck?" that part kinda just came out, I didn't think before talking. "Never-mind you don't have to answer that, sorry." I told him and awkwardly pulled my body up so he wasn't too close to me. I didn't want him to reply with a 'yah better than you' or anything like that. "Great fuck." he replied pulling himself up awkwardly too. There has been a lot of awkward moments around us recently. "I'm gonna go to the piano room" I said quickly and walked away. It was the only room I could have privacy in because it wasn't glass. I laid my head on top of the piano and looked down as I played, making it up along the way. I realized the result was depressing and almost haunting sounding. I didn't like it, it scared me. I went to the bathroom and pulled out my small cocaine bag, playing with the substance. I sat down on the toilet, grabbed a magazine and prepared it. I became a pro at preparing it and making the best of lines.

After what seemed like forever we arrived at Trent's house. It was isolated, no neighbors, just the forest, it was quite beautiful. During the whole car ride with Maynard we didn't say anything.
Trent greeted us and led us inside. "You guys want anything to drink?" he asked and Maynard asked for coffee. I realized we weren't alone when a tall man came into the kitchen. "Oh Maxinne, this is Robin..." Trent introduced us and we shook hands. "Let me give you a tour of the place." Trent said grabbing my arm out of nowhere and leading me out of the kitchen. "What's with the tension?" he asked as we walked into what seemed like a living room. "What?" I asked confused. "You and Maynard..." God, he read me like a book. "I think he was going to try and have sex with me again but I got away before he could do anything." I said laughing nervously. "Ouch, Maynard rejected. No wonder he's in a pissy mood." I nodded as he pointed out the rooms we passed by. "Nice bedroom" I commented. "That's where all the magic happens, of course it has to be nice." he said with a smirk. "Thank you for sharing that with me, I'm sure I could've figured it out myself." I rolled my eyes and he smiled. He put his hand on my waist and led me to his studio that was huge. He obviously put the most work into it. "This is also where all the magic happens" "This is beautiful" I answered looking around in awe. "The best part is this couch" he said point to the red velvet couch in the middle of the back wall. I sat down and nodded my head. He followed me and then leaned over me and his face was so close to mine that I could feel him breathe. He broke the eye contact and looked ahead, turning some switch that was in back of me, afterwards pulling away and standing up. I blushed and looked away because I thought he was going to kiss me. He was just teasing me and he knew it because he put a smirk on his face as he sat down next to me. "These lights rule. So do you spend most of your time in here?" "A good amount, yes" he replied stretching his arm around me but without actually touching me. "We should fuck around here sometime..." he said and I laughed. "I'm sure you'd love that!" I said being immature. He let our a laugh and looked over at me. "Didn't mean it like that but you'd probably enjoy that more." he said and his hand that was in the back of me squeezed my beck playfully. "I'd love to." I replied. "You'd love what, us making music, sleeping with me...or both?" I put a smirk on my face and shook my head. "To make music. Anyway, you're not my type, sorry." Playing a bit hard to get was always fun. "Oh really, is that so? What is your type then?" He asked curious, turning his gorgeous face towards me. "Scrawny, tall, anorexic, long hair, and good taste in music and clothes..." He nodded. "Boys." I looked at him and shrugged. "True I suppose. I don't know if I can handle a man yet...they're way too stubborn and wanting to be in control." Trent let out a laugh and shook his head again. "Yeah, but you know what? They're a lot better in bed!" He said while getting up and giving me a hand, we walked back to the kitchen. "I don't know, they tend to be a lot rougher. Once again craving control." I told him "So what I'm getting is that you sleep with boys because you can be in control and when you're with a man all power is taken from you?" I had no idea why we were having this conversation but it made me curious how he handled things in bed. He had a smirk on his face as we walked. "Something like that. Let me guess, you love to be in control." He raised his eyebrows and still looked ahead. "Depends. But most of the time I do, and that turns out to bet he best sex ever." We walked into the kitchen. "You selfish bastard. Maybe you just haven't met a girl that has those kind of skills." I rolled my eyes and immediately blushed to see Robin and Maynard staring at both of us. Trent shrugged and decided to drop the conversation because of the stares. After an hour Trent served us dinner and it most definitely was orgasmic.
♠ ♠ ♠
a longer one compared to the others. thank you to demonseed and sarah and everyone else who's helped out! much appreciated!