Ikanereth's Truth

She ran as fast as she could from the horror behind her. Her boots carried her quickly across the path she created, carrying her south. Her name was Ikanereth, and she was a Halfling.

Ikanereth’s mother was disloyal to her tribe. After having two pure elves, she wasn’t satisfied with the powers they beheld. She was a Queen, and she wanted a Princess, not pure-bred Princes. So she crept to the land of humans for advice. She met their King and had an affair against her husband, also an elf. The King was dissatisfied, as he wanted to meet his daughter. Ikanereth’s mother decided that she would take Ikanereth to meet her true father when she came of age. Ikanereth’s mother knew that the baby child she carried in her womb was a girl, as she had followed the diet bestowed by the priest of Kareeneth, their hometown.

Now, Ikanereth was 14 and of age. She had always known that she wasn’t true elf, as her father looked down upon her. Her mother was dishonest to her people and their beliefs. But she loved Ikanereth dearly. Penoreth, the man she was forced to call ‘father’, always looked after the boys. Mahnereth, her mother, had taken Ikanereth to a separate house, away from the males. Ikanereth lived here since she was 5.

Now she was running from the horror behind her, her village. The people came to find out that Ikanereth was a Halfling, and banished her. Elves never banished people without good reason. Mahnereth died 4 years before. Her mother said to Ikanereth that she had to find her true father, the King of human-kind. The lands they lived upon was outside theirs. Elves lived in forests. Humans did not. Elves always had magical abilities that humans didn’t, and vice-versa. So Ikanereth was powerful. But she did not yet know it. Her human powers were feeble, with no years of training or exercise. But she ran forward, running for her life, in search of her true father.