Shh! The killer is Near

Chapter 3

A smile danced across my lips as Zane shook his butt to Not Your Boyfriend by 3 Oh! 3. He was currently painting the room that Jetta said I could stay in as she ordered him to do for $5 an hour, out of my paycheck. Oh well, it was worth the show, especially watching the purple handprint stain on his back pocket dance around. This day just gets better and better. “I can see why you like the show,” Megan, Jetta’s friend said, coming up behind me.

Zane’s head snapped around, his eye’s burning into me. Megan just started laughing at how we were acting. “Oh, Zane, you know you’re just so yummy when you dance like that!” He and she went back and forth on insults while I went back out to “my” mustang and pulled out the last of my stuff in there. Jetta had given me the day off so I can get out of the motel room I was staying in. And she said Sundays were her slowest days so it wouldn’t really matter if I worked or not.

So far I had worked for her for five days and I loved my new job so much. I’ve met some really cool people, got new clothes that are amazing, and for this being a small town, they are really cool here. It kind of reminds me of back home when Shane, Tara, and I would go into Hot Topic and hang out with the people in there. God, I missed them. We were so close before this all happened….

“Kristen? Earth to the girl standing in the middle of a parking lot!” Chase laughed, waving his hands in my face.

“Oh, what?” I looked up at him. So far he has been here two times after our first meeting.

“I was just trying to ask you if you wanted to go out to dinner with me sometime. So, would you?” Wow, Hollister picture moment, for sure.

Crap! How do I respond? Good lord, I need someone to save me. “I, ah, don’t know about that. I mean, I’m just moving in and stuff…”

His hands caught mine. He started kissing each of my knuckles. “Please,” he whispered between each kiss. “I was going to take you to a party on the beach.” His lips started to move to my wrists. He kind of looked to see if any scars were there. Smart guy, too bad he couldn’t be settled about it. “Please come with me?”

I looked into his eyes. They were sea foam green and beautiful. “Sure. When is it?”
*****
Shit, shit shit. That’s all I could think about when Tyson showed up. There was no way I could get past him. Shit! He gestured for me to get into his SUV. I got in without a fight. There would be no way to get away from him. SHIT!
*****
Zane and I sat on the curb in front of Jetta’s shop after I got off work. He looked off into the distance, rubbing his palms together. I sat there with my knees pulled to my chest. “Do you miss where you came from?” He asked suddenly out of the blue.

My head snapped up. “What?”

He turned to me, watching my expressions. “Do you miss your home?”

“Yes.”

“Where did you come from?” He brushed some hairs out of my face. I just kept looking out at the empty parking lot.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” A lonely tear gracefully fell down my cheek. I wiped it away before he could see it.

He didn’t press anymore about it. The silence once again incased us. I started thinking back to what happened so many months ago. Did my friends miss me? What happened to Gloria? Are they still looking for me? Will I ever lead a normal life again? All these questions circled my brain over and over again.

“Are you really going out with Chase tomorrow night?” Zane asked, turning fully towards me. The look in his eyes was unreadable.

I looked at the dog walking across the parking lot. “Yes. He asked me to come so I said ok.”

“Do you like him?” His voice was full of venom.

The look on his face is priceless! He looked like a boy ready to kill someone and I know this face pretty well. I’m so glad I’m good at concealing what I really feel. I stood up, dusting myself off. “Well, I don’t know. I’ m new in town and this is a great way for me to meet people…”

Anger boiled out of him. His eyes pierced me, burning holes into me. “Whatever,” he hissed before stomping off to his ’08 cherry red, Chevrolet Cobalt SS. Jetta looked out the door of her shop as he sped past. Then she looked at me and I shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
srry for the wait..... you should thank my school for having snow days when there isnt even any snow on the ground!