Shh! The killer is Near

Chapter 5

Someone’s warm breath kept hitting the back of my neck. It felt amazing. I snuggled closer to whoever was behind me. Their arms snaked around me, pulling me in closer. I was at total bliss. I started drifting back to sleep.

Jace run up to, waving a gun in my face. “What do you think you were doing? We were going to find you, where ever you went! How could you think you got away?!” He pointed the gun at Zane. “So, where would you like me to shoot him? In the heart, for loving you? In the head for thinking he could save you? Or in the neck? For taking your breath away?”

I tried to fight free of Landon’s grip. I really did try. But there was no use, once again, I’m the weak little girl. Once again, I’m the clueless idiot that thought I could get away just because I did last time. “Don’t. Please don’t. He didn’t do anything. Please.”

Jace just laughed, spinning the gun in his hands. “Landon, you’re used to torturing people. What would you do about this?”

Landon’s hold on me grew stronger. I whimpered in pain. “Oh, I think if I were you. I would make him suffer. And make her watch every minute of it.” He pulled me up, harshly, making me lean against him.

They both laughed and laugh like evil clowns in horror movies. I couldn’t stop sobbing. Tears pour out of me at alarming rates.


“Kristen? Kristen? Kristen!” Zane kept calling my name, rubbing my tears off my cheeks. “Sh, it’s ok, babe. Wake up. It’s just a bad dream. Come on, honey wake up.” He kept stroking my cheek and neck until I finally opened my eyes. “Are you ok, sweetie? You were crying and whimpering really hard.”

I took a shaky breath. Then another. And then two more. “It was just a nightmare,” I whispered, cuddling into Zane’s chest. I must have tossed and turned until my head was against his chest and his arm acted like my pillow. His other wrap now rested on my waist. “It was all just a dream.”

We stayed as we were for another ten minutes. Neither of us said a word.
*****
Landon sat at the computer, searching. For hours and hours he searched. Nothing. It was like she disappeared off the face of the planet. He started laughing. She did disappear off the face of the planet. To him, anyway. “What kind of girl just goes out and doesn’t try to talk to her friends and family?”

His friends from around the states all had her picture. The bounty he put on her head, alive, was worth almost two million. Surely someone would have seen her somewhere. He kept checking major cities of where her friends live and of all the places she said she wanted to go, thanks to her MySpace account. So far, nothing.

“BLOODY FUCK!” He finally gave up. Picking up his glass of whiskey, he finished it off before trudging off into his room. He knew he would be up in a few hours, searching again like he has been for the past thirteen hours straight.
*****
“Zane?” I finally was ready to talk to him. “Zane, I had a nightmare.” Before I knew it, we were both laughing. My palm connected with my forehead. “I guess that was something stupid to say,” I hiccupped from laughing so hard.

“Ya think?!” He hissed in my ear. His warm breath hit my ear, making me shiver. “So, are you going to tell me what the dream was about or are you going to leave me guessing?”

Quickly I jumped out of bed and started getting ready for work. “Leave you guess!” I said before pulling on a pair of tight purple jeans. I guess I left modesty at home. Worrying about grown boys seeing my underwear after the spent lots of time and money on Playboy magazines is kind of stupid. “I need to get downstairs before Jetta realizes I’m five minutes late.”

I throw my shirt at his face and quickly pulled on my grey and purple zebra print shirt. “BYE! LOCK UP WHEN YOU LEAVE!” I called, running down the stairs.

Jetta was busy setting up the display when I skipped in. “Morning, Krist. Did someone have a good night with the surfer-boy?”

Shutters went down my body. “That ended badly when he tried to have sex with me and I said ‘No’ so then I walked home, found your brother on the steps.”

“Oh,” she said, still not looking up at me. “So you had a good night with my brother?”

“Again, no, we both fell asleep as soon as we hit the bed. Then I got a nightmare and he woke me up because I was crying in my sleep. And then I go up, rushed to get ready and skipped down here to tell you of everything.” I started to wipe down the glass display case.

“Remind me never to go partying with you.”

“Thanks, that make me feel a lot better!” We both began laughing and gossiping more about different stuff. Work that day went nice and easy. No trouble, no annoying people, and a steady flow of customers came through, keeping me from thinking too much of my dream and what it meant. I couldn’t see into the future. There is very little way it could really happen. But something about it made it seem real.
*****
I spotted her outside of Vegas three weeks ago, heading towards California, in the Mustang and sporting shorter, choppy hair. She was very skittish. Kept looking over her shoulder at every turn. –Kevin Mikes- Winner’s Circle Casino
♠ ♠ ♠
^.^ like it? tell me what you think!!!

not to sound like a comment whore but hehe, I AM! sooooo leave a comment and i will love you forever!