Shh! The killer is Near

Chapter 7

Another week dripped by with me working nonstop at Red Hearts. After that dinner at Jetta’s, I nicely declined other offers of hanging out with her and her family. I could see she really wanted to know but didn’t know how to ask. I guess she thought Zane and I got into a fight when he took me home. Zane hasn’t even come around much.

Oliver seemed to live at the store all of a sudden. He’d spend the day, hanging out in the back on his laptop, instant messaging someone and get really defensive when anybody walked in. He would hide the screen until who ever walked out of the room. Jetta just ignored him, saying it was normal for him to do that.

“You should have seen him the last time I hired someone he didn’t do a background check before hand. He wouldn’t leave the shop for anything until he dug up so much information, it was crazy!” She said, leaning on the counter while I organized the 50% off rack according to clothing size.

A weird feeling jetted down my spine. “Don’t you fine that a little on the creepy side? I mean, that’s kind of insane, don’t cha think?”

She shrugged before licking her heart shaped lollipop. “I guess but whatever, let him be his geeky self. It’s not like what he says about you is going to make me get rid of you. You’re the best employee I’ve ever had.”

I fake laughed. “That’s nice to know you don’t want to get rid of me.” Except if he digs up the wrong thing, I’ll have to leave, I thought to myself as I finished up hanging a Cobra Starship shirt.
*****
Rio really is the city of sin, Landon thought. He stood in the lobby of Winner’s Circle Casino, waiting for Kevin Mikes to get out of a meeting. The Vegas millionaire owned and maintained the most of the upscale casinos on the strip. And he brought in ninety percent of the profits from Vegas to the Arther Corporation.

Landon reflected on the pimp ring Bryan has created. He hosted whorehouses, club drugs, casinos, slave trade, paying of government offices, and more all over the States, Mexico, parts of Canada, and Japan. Jace was currently researching guns on the black market to sell to Africa warlords.

He smirked at how ironic that thought was. He stopped Steve from going to Africa to look this stuff up himself for Bryan. That was, until he stopped that ass. Regrets filtered through him. He wished he could have been the one to kill those two bastards. Instead, some crazy maniac killed Bryan and Jace put a bullet in Steve’s heart.

“Landon!” Kevin’s voice boomed. They shook hands, exchanged greetings before Landon was ushered into a limo to talk about where and when she was spotted. “So, son, what do you need to know?” He asked, sipping on some scotch.

“I want to know what she wanted, what she did her, and how did she get out of here. Basically I want to know every single thing, down to how many steps breaths she took. I have to know everything, Kev.” Landon gulped down a shot of tequila.
*****
I am currently lying on my bed, popping my gum and reading a Charlaine Harris book. I forgot how much I loved the Sookie Stakehouse books! And that the county library, they had all the series! Pop music streamed through the radio alarm clock. I bobbed my head to the music as I read about Eric, in all his vampirism Viking glory, try and get Sookie to “yield” to him when they are an orgy. I love vampires!

“Kristen?” Oliver barged into her little apartment. He had started doing this right after the dinner thing went down. I wanted to take my shoe and shove it up his ass. “I need to talk to you. Now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
update! yay! happy?! i'm going to try really hard to try and update but i get side tracked but other ideas....... *cries* i srry! please forgive me?!