Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer

Ch. 11

"Dad, my dear brother, is in the kitchen with our mother dearest,"he grinned at me. I smiled back weakly.

"Alright, hey Rachel. Let's go find Dad. I mean my dad, not your dad because then that would make us siblings, which we're definitely-,"Montoya babbled as he blushed.

"Easy lover-boy,"His brother interrupted him. I just laughed as I followed him. I look around my friend to see this really pretty girl standing by the table, with her hip leaning on the very edge. She and I could have probably shared clothes except that I wouldn't want to wear her clothes. She was way to posh for my taste. I was much more into the whole jeans-and-T-shirt type of deal.

"Hey kiddo,who's your friend?" This woman said, looking right at me.

"Oh, Mom, meet Rachel, Rachel meet Mom," Montoya said smiling. This big man stood up behind my friend's mom. He had this huge brown beard and mustache, not to mention a full head of hair. He reminded me of a big teddy bear. I giggled at the thought but then his booming voice shouted out, "THIS is imfamous Rachel I've been hearing about all day?" I jumped at his voice. He hadn't really shouted but his voice had carried a lot louder than most peoples did.

"Would you like to stay for supper?" His mom turned toward me suddenly. I then had an audience, waiting on my response.

"Um, sure but I would have to call my mom first to make sure that it's ok," I said. I called my mom and asked her, she said fine, just be home by midnight. Which I thought was really nice of her, considering it was a school night and all.

I got off the phone with her and told them that I could stay. His dad took a look at my nose and told me that I hadn't actually broken my nose, just really bruised the cartilage.

His mom was off cooking supper and turned to me suddenly, "You look a mess. Would you like a shower before supper? Yes, why don't you," She turned to Montoya,"Go get her some towels and get her a shower ready ok? Ok, go,"she said dismissing both of us. We turned and went up the stairs. He went to a closet and grabbed out some towels and some expensive girly shampoo/ conditioner and handed them to me. We went into what I assumed was his bedroom and he opened a door into a bathroom. I mindlessly followed him. He turned around and we were literally face-to-face.

"Oops, sorry," we both muttered at the same time and then laughed. He walked out of the room and slowly closed the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He could hardly sit still downstairs, thinking that Rachel,the nicest girl in the whole wide world, was taking a shower in his bathroom.

She came bounding down the stairs, the scent of something yummy followed her.

"Perfect timing," Mom said to her as she walked into the kitchen. "Supper's ready!"
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about the lateness (is that even a word?) of this chapter!!!!!! I was having writer's block....but then I got a threatening message from a friend telling me to update....or else (just kidding but she really put the pressure on)

so here's your chapter CourtneyEatsCobras!!!!!!!!!!