My Famous Last Words

Who's He?

As I stepped out of the car, the music now turned off, my ears were ringing. I regained my balance and threw my bookbag over my shoulder, and nearly walked into Emmett.
"What's the hold up?" I asked.
No one said anything, so I looked around Emmett (over would be pointless trying), to see a tall, extremely pale, guy and a much younger looking girl, who definitely didn't seem excited about being here. Next to her was another guy who looked around her age, whose expression was the same.
"...be very long, Carlisle. I most certainly couldn't stay, I'm afraid. Lots of important matters to attend to in Italy, I'm afraid. Well I must be off. Nice seeing you all again," the older one was saying, and passed us on his way to a black sports car with the windows tinted so dark I couldn't see through them.
I slowly turned back to Emmett and the others, who were now staring at the two visitors.
"Jenna," Carlisle said, and motioned for me to come next to him. I did so and he said, "Jenna, this is Jane and Alec. They're from Italy. They'll be staying with us for a while and attend school with you."

The next morning the ride to school was dead silent, even more than usual. Even though I didn't sleep anymore, that didn't mean I had to be a morning person. And I made sure everyone knew it.
Somehow I got nominated to show them where the main office was and help them find their way around campus, although I kind of doubted that was necessary. I assumed it was the human front they always had to put up around people. We were on our way to lunch when Beth and her followers intercepted us. She smiled widely at Alec, then her smile diminished slightly at Jane, and even more at me.
"I'm Bethany," she said. "Why don't you...three...come and sit with us?"
"Well I'll have to pass you up on that," I said. "Gotta catch up on homework. You two enjoy yourselves." I walked as fast as was somewhat normal to our usual table and sat across from Emmett again.
"What are they doing?" He asked.
I shrugged. "They sure do have a high opinion of me."
He nodded. "They do that."
We were soon joined by Edward, Bella, and Mason, whose shoulder I leaned on, making a useless attempt at sleeping. I felt tired, although I knew there was no possible way of sleeping. The only thing I missed. He shrugged me off after a few minutes, longer than I had expected. I glanced over at Bethany's table to see her and her 'friends' laughing, also exchanging glances. Alec and Jane didn't seem to be laughing much.
"Why are they here?" I asked. Everyone stayed silent. "Thanks for sharing," I mumbled and pulled out my iPod. After a minute I felt myself being pulled out of my seat. I glanced up to see Emmett standing over me, still holding my arm. I sighed and stuffed my iPod in my pocket and followed him.
"They're here because they want to make sure you're....okay. I guess Aro's found out about you and your...differences. I don't really know for sure ,but I would be pretty surprised if that wasn't it."
"Wait, pause, who's Aro?" I asked.
"He was the guy that was there with Jane and Alec at first but left. He lives in Italy with Caius and Marcus. They're...the government for us," he tried to think of a good way to phrase that.
I nodded, accepting his reply. "Okay. So what's the big deal? I'm here, I'm not all funny and weird and everywhere like I'm supposed to be, isn't that a good thing?"
He took longer to reply this time. "Yes," he said slowly. "But it...never happens. They're...interested I guess."
"Psh, I'm not into the whole older-guy thing," I replied, trying to ease the tension. Thankfully, he smiled and seemed to understand what I was doing.
"Well that's good. No offense, but that's kind of...strange anyway."
I decided to ignore that comment, not knowing if I should be complimented, insulted, or some other emotion I wasn't currently feeling.

That afternoon after school, Jane caught up with me in the hallway, followed by Beth and her "friends".
"Yes?" I asked, already able to tell they weren't here to be friends. I was kind of mad at Jane for not even trying to be friends with us first, and automatically going over to Beth, with sparked my short temper. Jane opened her mouth to speak but stopped as though something was physically preventing her from it. Her eyes widened, then her face returned to it's normal glare, and she simply stood there for a minute, then turned around and walked away again.
"What was that?" Emmett asked behind me.
I returned switching books from my bookbag to my locker and shrugged. "Dunno. They just walked over here, then turned around and walked away again."
He glanced at me before walking with me to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is this what California
Means to you
I always saw it as a place with
Sunsets and palm trees
But everyone's the same

-The Golden State by Flight 409

Sorry it took so long! I've been super busy! Comments are lovely!