My Famous Last Words

After You

"Isn't this exciting Emmett? We're going to Italy!" I smiled and pulled Emmett up the trail on the mountain.
"It's not very exciting if it's under these circumstances," he replied, allowing himself to be dragged along.
"Well, no, but still, Italy!" I wouldn't let myself be dragged down by his fun-sucker-ness. "I mean, think about all those hot Italian male models that are gonna be there," I added jokingly.
His grip on my hand tightened, then loosened again. "Or the female ones."
I furrowed my eyebrows. "No, no female ones. The male ones are plenty."
He laughed before leading me up to the top of the mountain, where we found a cliff and sat in order to watch the sun rise. "But Jenna, just remember, staying in Italy isn't going to be as fun as you're expecting. They might end up expecting us to feed off of humans, and they're going to make you work yourself to death over improving your gift. They're probably going to make you hurt tons of people, like Jane, and do all sorts of other terrible things. Things you don't want to do. But they won't care, because you said you'd help them, and they consider that helping. They'll-"
I covered his mouth with my hand, muffling whatever he was saying. "I don't want to know anymore," I said quietly and pulled my knees up to my chest.
He put his arm around me and said just as quietly. "I'm sorry. I don't want to scare you, I just want you to know what you're getting into. Just remember all vampires don't think like us."
We continued to sit there for a few more hours before heading back home to get all our things ready to leave with Alec.

The drive to the airport was completely silent aside from the soft classical music Alec had playing. Emmett and I sat in the backseat and I watched the animals, sky, people, and trees I knew so well now fly by as we held hands silently.
The flight wasn't much different. For once I wished I could sleep to pass the time faster. It seemed like we had been on the plane for years, instead of only a couple of hours. Soon a movie was put on, No Reservations, one of my favorites, but I couldn't concentrate on it. I was too distracted thinking about what would happen when we landed in Italy.
"I thought this was one of your favorites?" Emmett whispered.
I nodded. "It is, I...I just can't concentrate. I guess I'm nervous...kind of scared, too."
He put his arm around me, pulling me into him. I still wasn't used to him being warm, and not rock hard. "Don't be. I'll be right there the whole time."
"I know. But it's still scary."
He nodded. "Yeah, I was so scared when I went the first time. I know you probably won't believe it seeing as I'm so cool and all, but I'm kinda nervous now."
I smiled and rolled my eyes, ignoring his last statement.
"We're here," Alec said from the other side of Emmett.
Before either of us could say anything a flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "Thank you for flying Air Italy, we'll be starting our descent in a few minutes. Please put your seats in the upright position and make sure your trays are locked." We did as she asked and soon I felt myself being lowered to the ground.

"You two go get your luggage, I'll go get the car. Meet me in the front," Alec said shortly and headed of to the parking lot. I shrugged and followed Emmett to get our stuff, and then outside, where the sun was almost setting.
We had been silent as we waited when Emmett decided to say something. "Just remember to- holy shit."
I glanced at him. "What?"
"You're not sparkling. The sun is right on you and you're not doing anything," he said. I then noticed he had his sleeves down past his hands and his hood up. There wasn't much he could do about his face.
I then held up my hand in front of me, proving what he said as true. "Oh my gosh, that's so cool!"
He then said quickly, "Don't let Alec see. He'll tell Aro, who may not ever let you leave if he finds that out."
I threw my jacket on and put my hood up as well, just in time for Alec to pull up in front of us.
On the way to see the Volturi I did my best to block all the thoughts around me; they gave me a headache after a while. I watched in awe as the Italian countryside flew by, then melted into the city. Within minutes even the city was obscured by a dark tunnel, which of course we could all see easily in, but a human wouldn't have a chance. Alec parked the car and hardly gave us any time to grab our bags before walking quickly away. We caught up with him at a doorway, which he held open for us. He motioned for me to go ahead, saying, "After you," then following behind us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooooo soooryyyyy that it took me so long!! I just sat down and was like YO! I'm WRITING a chapter and I'm getting it out TODAY!! ha ya I'll try uber hard to be better. :] comments are yumm yummy yum